Fix the outpost and make it worth playing.

Here is what you need to do.

Cycle times: Either reduce the 14 days to 7 days for the cycle or make the rewards double what they are now. 10k trade goods every cycle for the minimum platinum tier III.

Influence points: can remain the same with the influence which will count toward the end prize after 7 or 14 days.

Walker pit upgrade: Add spiked, goo, exploders, metal heads, fast and any other walker type that we currently don't have. Also increase the walker lvl max to 36. This is 9+rsl. This will present a challenge but also be manageable for us end gamers. The matchup system can remain as it pairs us with opponents of similar rank. When you release an update that lets us upgrade to lvl 28 then let us upgrade walkers to 37 and so on.

Rewards: As it is now we get roughly 450 trade goods per completed round. With the increase in defender difficulty the rewards must be worth the risk. Reward types should be trade goods, XP, tomatoes, gold or radios. At the end let us choose the reward type we want. If I want to complete outpost missions for trade goods I can choose to do so. If I need XP I can choose to do so. etc. The rewards should be increased more than scavenge missions as outpost missions will be more difficult.

Complete revamp on methods of attack and gameplay: Mirror the freemen missions in GW. Ditch the flag, ditch the door opening. Start with 3 survivors against 3 freemen in open area of the defender's choosing.(same as it is now) Walkers spawn after first turn. Keep walkers ignoring defenders because with defenders not having badges it makes up the difference. (special walkers start the map already spawned)

Opponent choice: We need a way to choose which opponent to attack. When you click the "raid" button you should be presented with a list of 10 people that are similar rank. In this list it simply shows their in game name as well as the survivor icons same as how it is displayed now only we can select someone in that list to attack. If we don't want to attack anyone in the list we can hit a refresh button to get 10 more choices. You can leave the 10 trade goods cost of a refresh. There should also be a search button so we can find our friends and attack them. This will add competitive play between players that know each other because we can talk about strategies and tactics and even share videos of how the battle went. You cannot attack the same friend or player for 6 or 7 hrs after a successful win. same as how it is now.

Last and certainly least: in the log page we need to be able to select the battle as it is listed in the log and see a replay of what happened during the fight. Can be non-accessible after 24 hrs. This will greatly help defenders learn what does and what doesn't work for defenses. This will further incentivize them to make bette their defenses and get better at the game.

As it is now people don't see the outpost as any more than an easy 5k trade goods every 14 days or an easy 450 trade goods per mission with no risk or even any thought.(At one point I had over 400k trade goods with nothing to spend them on) Outpost as it currently is sucks. Sorry to be blunt but it sucks. It was a good idea that failed. I wasted lots of trade goods upgrading my walkers for nothing. It would have been smarter to not upgrade them at all if I had known that from the start. It is a waste of time and energy as it is now.

The outpost with these changes can be sort of a mini guild wars or mini individual wars.

Thanks for reading.
TroublemakerMojakuNovellDiElElDanski_46ShadowWalkerVerdao1914TCBRITOPicFalconFuryCaptainNemoBiggsDarkLightervshield50MrLuckyDadaNezocyclon98Deathwish19

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,384
    Yes and thanks for taking the time and writing this.

NG says Outpost is a different code than other modes and it doesn't monetize, so that's why they abandoned it.

But I can't see how tweaking a few values is too much work for them.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PicMrLuckym4s
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 133
    Yes! Outpost need a big changes
    TCBRITOMrLucky
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 57
    About 1/6 beat me, the other 5 which should be wins are always draws. If they refuse to fight they should lose, and purely lifting the flag should not count for a draw.
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 115
    Agreed!!!
    ...and also reduce the battle time from 10 mins, to like 4 or 5 :wink:
    TCBRITO
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 205
    @DiElEl The battle time was increased to 12 minutes because in the early days people lost a battle because they lost signal and had to restart the game and then re-enter the battle. For some reason this restart would cost several minutes of time, thus the solution by NG rather than search the bug and fix it was to extend the time for the battle.
    TCBRITO
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 261
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > Yes and thanks for taking the time and writing this.
    >
    > NG says Outpost is a different code than other modes and it doesn't monetize, so that's why they abandoned it.
    >
    > But I can't see how tweaking a few values is too much work for them.

Yep, Outpost was designed to be a grind for trade goods.

Traditionally, a game company monetizes the grind elements by just selling the commodities you need to grind. NG does sell trade goods in bundles.

Outpost game play became a waste land as end gamers became more prevalent, and the trade good store really offered little in value to end gamers. End gamers don't need to grind trade goods, even after a council update.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 203
    > Sorry to be blunt but it sucks. It was a good idea that failed. I wasted lots of trade goods upgrading my walkers for nothing. It would have been smarter to not upgrade them at all if I had known that from the start. It is a waste of time and energy as it is.

This. All of this. Outpost sucks the way it is. Stuff I've put in feels like a waste. I wish i'd never upgraded anything in it at all.

It doesn't have to be that way.

So the code for Outpost is something totally different. Fine. Rewrite all of it with the language you do use and the coders who will stay with ng and remain familiar with the project for years. There was a big commitment to gw because players liked it. Players keep liking it and the work has paid off. Players seem reinvested in the game in groups.

Let an outpost rebuild be the next big project but make something you know you can monitize and that players want. We'll tell you what we like and what interests us. Estimate a design time. Then, make a decision.
    RiotZappaDeathwish19
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,495
    Great suggestions. However, honestly, until TGs can buy something useful, I could care less about Outposts. Add more radios, tokens, components to the TG shop if you are going to implement these changes. Otherwise we'll still have nothing to spend TGs on.
    TCBRITOTroublemakerMrLuckyDanski_46
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 157
    I’m always happy to have more tokens, even if I need 2000 to upgrade dodge by 1%. TG are the only regular mission resource you can’t max out on, so I still hit the outpost Mon/Tues after Distance
    RiotZappa
  • SuckitSuckit Member Posts: 13
    JayZ said:

Great suggestions. However, honestly, until TGs can buy something useful, I could care less about Outposts. Add more radios, tokens, components to the TG shop if you are going to implement these changes. Otherwise we'll still have nothing to spend TGs on.

In my initial post I suggested that we be able to pick our rewards. Gold, radios, TG, supplies, xp.
    BiggsDarkLighterJayZ
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
    (This is a suggestion I posted a few months ago. Keep current outpost, but add this option...)

I'm suggesting a new Outpost option - Nightmare Mode.

It would have the following changes:
    1) Defensive badges work, so much more difficult to beat defenders.
    2) Influence points and trade goods are actually transferred from the loser to the winner. So the stakes could be serious. (Especially when you consider #3.)
    3) The number of influence points and trade goods won/lost are set by the defender. IP can be from 10 to 100. Trade goods can be from 100 to 10000.
    4) Defender sets shield time. From 0 to 24 hours.
    5) Attacker receives limited information about defense before beginning mission.
    6) No draws or fleeing.
    7) Separate leaderboard from normal Outpost.
    LoneWanderer360RiotZappaToony
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
    As far as monetizing, customer retention is a form of monetizing.
    TroublemakerDeathwish19
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    I only use it when I run short of crates.
    However, it would be nice to see a battle replay when I've been raided (& killed), to work out better position and strategy.
    If monetisation is the issue, how about NG providing a link after each raid, set to expire after, say, 72hrs. If you want to review the battle, it could cost one 'outpost token' which could be purchased in-store, or occasionally won in combat.
    If they start making a few bob out of it, maybe then we'll get the changes we want.