Poll - Guild Wars schedule discussion

Comments

• ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited June 5
    Other, please elaborate in the thread!
    In my opinion, the Guild Wars should be a special event. Seasoned players and guilds look forward to it. Casual players try it or ignore it. GW is not for everyone.

I chose the 'Other' option. I propose 2 weeks of GW and then 2 weeks of rest. Total 4 weeks and it repeats itself.

1. This will make GW a monthly affair. Start GW at the week which contains the 1st of every month. Hence, there will be 12 GWs per year, making it special and looking forward to the next month. I feel that 2 weeks of intense planning and execution is good enough. Remember, GW is not just for die-hard fans alone.

2. I believe it will also allow cleaner and easier planning for NG as well. It's so much easier to remember when is GW coming for everyone.

3. What do we do during rest weeks? Well, the usual stuff like Challenge, Scavenge and Distance or just take a break. I am hoping NG can introduce other new events for players during these rest weeks. Example, more Jackpot Deluxe to replenish those medikits and grenades or give us a 5s building and equipment upgrade for 7 days. The options are limitless.

4. Increase the number of attacks per mission to 25 or 30. For casual guilds, you don't really need to use all of them.
    Bellyuno1202
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    Break after every war : 1 week of GW -> 1 week break (repeats for a total of 4 times)
    Agree, we need a longer rest between seasons.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Pastem4smiori199373
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    Break after every war : 1 week of GW -> 1 week break (repeats for a total of 4 times)
    Agree, we need a longer rest between seasons.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 131
    edited June 5
    Coordination of 10-person teams throughout the day and night is a nice ride without a tripod (and so for two days)
  • Rebel73Rebel73 Member Posts: 4
    I personally think shorter wars and 2 distances a week would be better also think the gw shop needs to be updated weekly if possible as there’s usually only one weapon worth buying which can also reduce people’s motivation
  • MFJigsawMFJigsaw Member Posts: 144
    They Live, Leader of London Warriors

Yeah break after every war please. Time to collect our thoughts and reflect on battles.

My Guild are suffering, and even though nobody HAS to sign up, we all want to take part.

Great game mode but just communicating, scheduling and coordinating takes up the majority of time.

How many times has a Guild lost because they have the sheer audacity to have a real life?

I have faith @Fluxxx is doing this coz he feels our pain.

Thanks man.
    Game over
    m4schihuhuasTasa
  • TireaTirea Member Posts: 50
    I voted for other, so here is my suggestion.
    Of course it is more or less a framework and open for adaption:

Season: lasts 8 weeks and consists of 4 wars.
    War: lasts 2 weeks (14d) and consists for 6 battles.
    Battle: lasts 2 days (46h) instead of 1 day (22h).

Players still can participate in 2 battles per war and have 18 attacks.
    Teams can still consist of 4-10 players (with a better matchmaking system).
    When one season ends the next one can start right away.

Per player this would result in playing 2x 18 attacks within 2 weeks, which is 50% of the current amount. (Solving issue: Need to play too much)
    With one battle spanning over 2 days you eliminate many issues for international guilds and different timezones. (Solving issue: Player from different timezones blocking each other when unlocking areas)
    Also players have more time to react to unexpected stuff happening in real life.
    It does not require much change. "Only" the duration of battle, war and season.
    You have a longer sign up phase when a new war starts (see below for an example). (Solving issue: Sign up and start of first battle are to close)
    There is more time for healing during one battle. (Solving issue: So much hospital time)

Thu War A - Battle 05-Day2
    Fri War A - Battle 06-Day1
    Sat War A - Battle 06-Day2
    Sun War B - Signup Phase-Day1
    Mon War B - Signup Phase-Day2
    Tue War B - Battle 01-Day1
    Wed War B - Battle 01-Day2
    Thu War B - Battle 02-Day1
    Fri War B - Battle 02-Day2
    Sat War B - Battle 03-Day1
    Sun War B - Battle 03-Day2
    Mon War B - Battle 04-Day1
    Tue War B - Battle 04-Day2
    Wed War B - Battle 05-Day1
    Thu War B - Battle 05-Day2
    Fri War B - Battle 06-Day1
    Sat War B - Battle 06-Day2
    Sun War C - Signup Phase-Day1
    Mon War C - Signup Phase-Day2
    Tue War C - Battle 01-Day1
    Wed War C - Battle 01-Day2
    Thu War C - Battle 02-Day1
    Fri War C - Battle 02-Day2
    Sat War C - Battle 03-Day1
  • FungisFungis Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the dialogue Fluxx. We love the game. London Warriors
    MFJigsaw
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,242
    edited June 5
    Mid-season break: 2 weeks of GW -> 1 week break -> 2 weeks of GW
    @Karajoca yes I like the idea

Simply put, if your team has an "Even" number 4/6/8/10 you can be matched against another equal even team or -1 odd team.

But if your team has "Odd" number 3/5/7/9 you can be matched against another equal odd team or +1 even team.

This will give guilds at least SOME control over their own matching.

And make it the number one matching priority more important than Tier.

If you're a team of 8 in Gold 2, and no other team of 7/8 is found in Gold 2, it looks in Gold 1. If still no opponent, you fight a Bot team.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    KarajocaTobiramaSenju
  • Holmsey3Holmsey3 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Fluxx. I'm with the majority. The current GW regularity is to much. I vote for a much longer break between wars.
    TCBRITOPic
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    I don’t have an answer. I am a long time player. One of my greatest enjoyments and why I keep playing is there is “team” component in the challenge (more stars, more rewards). But I could always play on my own schedule. One week, get my stars early, the next get them at the last moment.

Use to try to keep up with the big boys. Finally found my perfect balance and the right guild. Then GWs.

The possible prizes can be fantastic. I completely understand why folks want to maximize this. But now there is all this pressure. Do this map, play at this time. Win, win, win. Again, I am lucky in that my current guild is pretty chill. But I am in a huge alliance and I can’t go help in our top guilds anymore because I just want to participate in GWs, not be in long discussions and all sorts of pressure - no fun. I started a mini account and all I get is how and when I should play GWs

Again, I get it. Great rewards. Why wouldn’t people want to play it when rewards for hitting some incredible challenge star count and get 24 Jerry tokens or an epic weapon ( or worse a gold weapon with no useful traits)

So I get it but I have no solution.
    Pichuskersoxfanmiori199373
  • chihuhuaschihuhuas Member Posts: 7
    It’s way to much at once!! GWs, Weekly Challenge, Season event which means double The Distance and Daily Quest
  • BefanaBefana Member Posts: 3
    edited June 6
    Hello NG team,

I have problems with some changes at the GW. But what nobody here has asked yet.....why did you change the GW from the ground up?

Now to my problems ...

1. It costs a lot of gold if you don't want to let your team down. Because in Guild Wars, the combat team must always be ready for the challenge, and this is simply not possible with normal healing (time). My suggestion would be to cut costs and separate Guild Wars and challenge as far as the fighters are concerned.
    2. It also takes a lot of time to play Guild Wars and plan for it. I already found it very stressful in the previous version, but that's beyond the scope. The players lose motivation and desire to play. If you could play it in turns, it would take out some of the pressure. 1 week of Guild Wars and then 1 week of challenge. That way you can concentrate on things properly and there's no discussion about what's more important.
    3. I think the range of players is too high. It makes a big difference if you have to arrange with 5 or 10 players. Also, in some guilds the strength of the players varies a lot. This makes planning a bit more complicated. I thought it was better than playing with five players. This would also solve the matchmaking problem.
    4. I don't like the fact that there is one more mission in each map. So you have to do more attacks to get the completion bonus. Where you already got less attacks anyway. Either one mission per map out again or more attacks to make it all worth it.

Since I am unfortunately dependent on a translator, I apologize for all the mistakes and hope that you understand everything correctly ;-) You cannot complain afterwards, if you did not try to change something...
    PicBurmeliinis
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,611
    @Mario_Romero very well put and I agree with everything you’ve said!
  • sSINTOMASssSINTOMASs Member Posts: 28
    edited June 6
    Keep the current format but increase the number of shortcuts to make coordination easier
    I think that it is better to leave the map completely open, (this would save the wait for the comrades, each one could do his part of the strategy without waiting at the time that best suits him for the day) and then so that it is not unfair it would prevent two Players could play the same screen. (not to double points😂)

is the ideal 👽👍
    WahooDawgGradyTCBRITOp_herian3vilrine
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 638
    Ok it seems like are going to end up with a break every week, but if we are going to do that shouldn't we just go back to old schedule, the one that was a whole week plus the next Mon/Tues, and registration starting on Fridays?

It would seem like a waste to not potentially play any guild wars for a whole week, plus this will allow guilds that use 10 members to play all 4 games on Mon/Tues and not interfere with the Challenge.

Also, the attacks should be bumped up to at least 20 if we are going to play so little.
    WellyLugaPasteSCBMA
  • DadaDada Member Posts: 44
    The competition (GW, challenge) makes the game fun, and tools (that could be a good addition) came in a way to ruin it. Of course the ones who spend money will have advantages (and we, “fear my wallet” players, do keep any game alive), but if you take all the competition away, what is the point? Now the ones that can’t spend the same crazy amount will be miles and miles away in GW and challenge. Ok, GW format here... So my idea, towards GW format: A long break (4 weeks) between wars is definitely needed (we do have other cools things that keep the game interesting, like Wild Cup, Nation War, visiting old friends and boost their scores in challenge...), but if you guys don’t come up with something to allow real competition (like making tools something that both, p2p and f2P can actually use with the same frequency, or limiting the number of tools one can use per map) won’t really matter the format. Will be a pure p2p game and... that is no fun. I can tell. I am a p2p. But without being able to really compete, why bother?
    PicATLAS-ZADPaq
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 577

Also, the attacks should be bumped up to at least 20 if we are going to play so little.

As I understood it changes like that requires a new release from the dev team, which is not possible for next GW season.
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 143
    edited June 7
    I want breaks from GW to have more time to focus on other things, like the challenge, taking advantage of events and farming but I don’t like that we’d be missing out on so many awesome rewards.

Maybe do GW every 2 weeks and to compensate for the lost of GW rewards, every month, let us unlock better rewards in the trade good shop when reaching certain milestones with the guild in the challenge.

Exemple:
    10 000 Stars -> Unlock packs of 10 radios
    20 000 Stars -> Unlock packs of 75 hero tokens
    30 000 Stars -> Unlock a golden vest with good traits
    Etc...

Edit: One thing that I find frustrating is when my rewards depends too heavily on other players. I’d already be frustrated if someone in my team couldn’t finish his/her attacks and I’d lose +50% RPs. Imagine losing that much after waiting 2 weeks to play GW. My suggestion to add better rewards in the trade good shop when reaching certain milestones with your guild in the challenge is not only to compensate for the lost of GW rewards if we go to 1 GW / 2 weeks but to balance things out and remove a lot of frustration when losing GW battles. Right now, you can’t compare GW rewards to Challenge rewards, 1000 RPs for 30 Reinforcements to 12 000 crates for 2 Reinforcements.... Another thing would be to reduce the victory multiplier from X1.5 to X1.2 and to readjust RP costs in the GW shop.

@Fluxxx
    zivaolivia
  • TunezTunez Member Posts: 3
    edited June 6
    Either of first 2 solutions are totally fine for me.
    I think GW would fit much better in game if we could:
    - Have separate healing time than challenge etc. or at least reduced healing time, to minimize impact on our weekly challenge performance.
    - Please give the guild leader some authority, for instance to select/kick some players before the battle starts. With the current matching system we cannot afford to have non-communicative members go against the team agreement on battle organization.

And THANK YOU! I for one love the GW and wouldn't change the map as it is
    (give us tactical Morgan staff in next GW shop plz!!! o:) )
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 201
    edited June 8
    Come on Guild Leaders, 239 votes? Representing 5800* playerbase. Spread the Link to this thread for a few more votes. :wink:
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 41
    1st: More than 80% of signatures comes from F2P players, atleast from our 5 Guild Family. These people wont bother Registring onto Forums to vote. If the Petition fails, they just quit this game and move onto another. Mostly P2P customers vote, coz they spent some bucks.

I propose to make another Vote System Ingame! So everyone could participace!

2nd: Iv been waiting with my vote till some better Idea shows up. Here it is by @Tirea

Her/His recommendations fit most into current problem by my opinion.

Season: lasts 8 weeks and consists of 4 wars.
    War: lasts 2 weeks (14d) and consists for 6 battles.
    Battle: lasts 2 days (46h) instead of 1 day (22h).

Players still can participate in 2 battles per war and have 18 attacks.
    Teams can still consist of 4-10 players (with a better matchmaking system).
    When one season ends the next one can start right away.

Per player this would result in playing 2x 18 attacks within 2 weeks, which is 50% of the current amount. (Solving issue: Need to play too much)
    With one battle spanning over 2 days you eliminate many issues for international guilds and different timezones. (Solving issue: Player from different timezones blocking each other when unlocking areas)
    Also players have more time to react to unexpected stuff happening in real life.
    It does not require much change. "Only" the duration of battle, war and season.
    You have a longer sign up phase when a new war starts (see below for an example). (Solving issue: Sign up and start of first battle are to close)
    There is more time for healing during one battle. (Solving issue: So much hospital time)
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 41
    edited June 8
    > @3vilrine said:
    > Come on Guild Leaders, 239 votes? Representing 5800* playerbase. Spread the Link to this thread for a few more votes. :wink:

Answer is in my previous post.
    I will HIGHLIGHT my proposal once more.

MOVE THIS VOTE INTO THE GAME, BUT PLEASE STAY TRANSPARENT AS IT IS IN HERE!
    javajnkie
  • karlinokarlino Member Posts: 41
    Break every war !

Top 20 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please contact me on line, my ID: royksoppforever

JOIN US

poli
  • danBLE40danBLE40 Member Posts: 6
    Es abrumador jugar guerra y desafío, aunque solo sean 2 días de guerra, no es lo mismo. Vi por ahi una opción de @lola_rennt y es la que yo comparto, 4 semanas de guerra y 4 de descanso. Estamos hablando de una versión de guerra que todavía esta en fase beta y por si fuera poco, la tienda ofrece recompensas que no llaman la atención, no vale la pena jugar guerra y gastar granadas y kits de curación para comprar granadas y kits de curación (lol).

Las Guild War deben ser algo que llamen y atraigan la atención, no algo que te fastidie por lo monótono y que no ofrece mas de lo que ya conocemos y a precios altísimos.
    TobiramaSenjureekookr
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 70
    would like more weeks of rest, as Lola Rennt has suggested for example, but I am more concerned with how the weekly challenge is being set aside, repeating many of these every week instead of rotating them. I am also concerned about the loss of war awards, the choke points with special walkers making use of grenades essential, and the excessive expenditure of gold between war and challenge. Point to note by NG: Players will not quit Challenge Mode! It is the main way that we all love, and that they made the mistake of introducing special weapons that allow them to advance as much as one wishes with few resources. I have already proposed more classes of special walkers, where the scout and brushier classes are weak, to remove the monotony that they produced with irreversible errors. Also proposed with hero badges and tokens, for random good calls to come back at hero events. The main mistake is that they are not adding a game mode, they are wanting to impersonate one game for another. Later on, the war prizes will surely go down (as they have already done) and the healing kits and grenades will be scarce, and there we will all regret
  • MichelWarsMichelWars Member Posts: 3
    I am in favor of 1 week of war and 1 week of rest, so in addition to not being so repetitive equal challenge and distance, we also have time to develop and seek reinforcements for the guild

------

sou a favor de 1 semana de guerra e 1 semana de descanso, dessa forma alem de não ficar tão repetitivo igual desafio e distância, também nós da tempo para desenvolver e buscar reforços para a guilda