Guild Wars basically cut in half...

GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
edited June 10 in Guild Wars Discussion
I had a feeling it was going to go this way, so this wasn't really a surprise. Congratulations to those who wanted drastically reduced Guild Wars play.

For me, Guild Wars was the last thing keeping me into this game. Even though I had problems with the format and wanted improvements, it was less boring than the other game modes.

I have left my guild and wiped out my gold reserves on guild gifts on the way out. I may play casually F2P for a while; it would be fun to see RG Glenn hit 10*, and I am fairly close.

I guess ultimately the cure for addiction (at least in this case) was boredom.
ShadowWalkerATLAS-Zghost_pepperZetteNova_TWDSCBMATCBRITO_Lily_RealClareBJayZ3vilrinePaste

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 863
    Crappy schedule...no flow to it, very hard to work on team building with theses long gaps. Talk about taking the steam out of a good thing.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Grendelghost_pepperNova_TWDSCBMATCBRITORealClareB3vilrinePasteADPaq
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 261
    Yep, one has to scratch your head at NextGames decision-making at times.

I thought game designers wanted more player engagement, not less?

If the players are saying they are not getting enough play value for their time spent in the game, fix the issues that are tiresome. Don't restrict the game play. With the current company thinking, if the players complain enough about the pace of guild wars maybe it will become a once every year event.

The issues with guild wars could be addressed easily such that players would actually want to play just as much or even more.

NextGames could be a business school case study of how NOT to conduct customer engagement. If a customer says there are issues with its services that cause them to want to use their services less, don't take the services away - fix the issues.

Well, at least NextGames is consistent. Poor decision-making is a big reason the company is worth a fraction of it once was.
    Grendelghost_pepperTCBRITOPaste
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
    "JSS" has always confused me. I assume it stands for Just Survive Somehow.

But is it?
    - A condescending "Get over it."
    - A neutral "It is what it is."
    - or A supportive "Hang in there."

Or maybe any/all of the above depending on the specific post/poster. Just generally confusing and (in my opinion) non-informative.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 592
    I have used JSS in all those ways, so to answer your question, I guess yes? lol
    kmr8900rpm
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,421
    I understand the frustration but they obviously had planned for season four to be the same 4 straight weeks leading them up to the update. Then the petition of lots of guilds signed saying that 4 straight weeks is to much came up so they needed to break it up.
    I must say I’m not looking forward to the next season that much because of the way it’s been broke up but..... it’s only one season it’s going to be fragmented like this and I’m hoping that GW will be around for a long time so will roll with it this time and then look forward to the following season where it’s more regimented.
    RickMSAZetteRealClareBPaste
    Firekid said:

I understand the frustration but they obviously had planned for season four to be the same 4 straight weeks leading them up to the update. Then the petition of lots of guilds signed saying that 4 straight weeks is to much came up so they needed to break it up.

I must say I’m not looking forward to the next season that much because of the way it’s been broke up but..... it’s only one season it’s going to be fragmented like this and I’m hoping that GW will be around for a long time so will roll with it this time and then look forward to the following season where it’s more regimented.

The post-update season will surely be more regimented, but I don't think there is any doubt that it will still involve a reduction in play. My reaction is not based so much on this season's hectic schedule as it is that the only interesting game mode is getting scaled back.
    Zette
    @Grendel but if it kept up it’s current pace how long would it be before it was no longer an interesting game mode? How long before people are calling it a grind and complaining that it needs new maps? I honestly believe that you can have to much of a good thing.
    TCBRITOATLAS-ZPaste
    I am probably weird, but my perspective is that a player doesn't need to be able to do everything. Give me a huge amount of play options to choose from and let me play the ones I want. I guess we should never expect any additional game modes in NML since there already isn't time to do everything every week. So is this it? Is this all the game will ever be?

Many have complained that seasonal events are an issue when running alongside Guild Wars. The only extra time a seasonal event requires is to re-run Distance 2-3 times; if you run it in normal mode, most of us can do it in 30 minutes. Or here's a really crazy idea: NG, how about changing the token structure so that events don't require re-runs of Distance. If you do that, then events require no additional game play time whatsoever. End of conflict.

I think the writing is on the wall for this game. If you enjoy doing basically the same thing you have been doing for the past few years, then I wish you many more happy years in No Man's Land. It took a year to come up with this revised (and honestly a bit disappointing) version of Guild Wars. At least it was something somewhat new to do.
    ShadowWalker
    Yes please! Either make Distance more Interesting/harder or don’t force us to reset for the campaign prize! I’d be happy with that.
    I would love to be able to play more and new game modes (and I wasn’t disappointed with guild wars) however I can’t afford to keep playing the best and most interesting modes due to not being able to buy gold whenever I want. Sure I could choose to not spend gold and do really easy missions and stop playing the challenge when it gets hard but that’s not fun. I’d prefer to play less more difficult missons that hundreds of easy missions. At least with a weeks break between each ear I will be able to recoup some gold before going again.
    Sorry I’m rambling.
    Firekid said:

Yes please! Either make Distance more Interesting/harder or don’t force us to reset for the campaign prize! I’d be happy with that.

I would love to be able to play more and new game modes (and I wasn’t disappointed with guild wars) however I can’t afford to keep playing the best and most interesting modes due to not being able to buy gold whenever I want. Sure I could choose to not spend gold and do really easy missions and stop playing the challenge when it gets hard but that’s not fun. I’d prefer to play less more difficult missons that hundreds of easy missions. At least with a weeks break between each ear I will be able to recoup some gold before going again.

Sorry I’m rambling.

I get it. You should be able to play how you want. So should I. For example, I very rarely play Distance anymore unless it is to get seasonal tokens.

To expand on a suggestion I made in another post, how about this:
    - A Guild Wars Season lasts 8 weeks.
    - Guild Wars is split into two options: Guild Wars Weekly and Guild Wars Bi-Weekly.
    - Guild leaders choose which their guild will participate in.

For Guild Wars Weekly:
    - 8 Wars in the season, running weekly with no break.

For Guild Wars Bi-Weekly:
    - 4 Wars in the season, with a 1-week break in between.

1-week break between seasons.
    Separate leader boards.

Everyone plays at the pace they want.
    Firekid
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,910
    If there was a new game mode and it was also fun and interesting, I'd I have no problem with them alternating it with Guild Wars.

I love Guild Wars. But you can have too much of a good thing.

If I had filet mignon everyday of the week I guarantee you I would get sick of it eventually

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Paste
    ATLAS-Z said:

If there was a new game mode and it was also fun and interesting, I'd I have no problem with them alternating it with Guild Wars.

I love Guild Wars. But you can have too much of a good thing.

If I had filet mignon everyday of the week I guarantee you I would get sick of it eventually

I'm not asking for filet mignon every day. I'm asking for hamburger twice a week.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 592
    I am getting hungry now...
    I appreciate everyone letting me vent, but realistically I know none of this will help. I'm signing off.

I think I will be perfectly happy with casual F2P now and then. I need a new hobby anyway.

JSS
    Firekid
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > If there was a new game mode and it was also fun and interesting, I'd I have no problem with them alternating it with Guild Wars.
    >
    > I love Guild Wars. But you can have too much of a good thing.
    >
    > If I had filet mignon everyday of the week I guarantee you I would get sick of it eventually

I am curious about this line of thinking. If you are growing tired of paying GW, why not just take some time off from it on a regular basis Do you somehow feel an obligation to play every battle just because it's available?

No one is telling you must eat filet mignon every day, but please don't it off the menu for the rest of the customers.

I think there is a group of players like @Grendel that predominantly play GW. Reducing their ability to play is not a good thing for them or NextGames.

I agree with him that having more gaming options are a good thing. It doesn't mean I am compelled to use any of the options, including the game modes I like, all the time.
    SCBMAATLAS-Z
    > @Firekid said:
    > @nadecir i think the thing is that we all agree that GW at the moment is an amazing mode, the reason it’s an amazing mode is because is new and shiny, new maps, new tactics, choose your difficulty, tense because you want to do your best for the team and to win.
    >
    Sorry, but this line of reasoning just doesn't make any sense.

First of all, some people will get bored after playing with the shiny new toy after just 3 times. Others won't get bored after playing with the same toy 100's of times. You shouldn't assume that all players have the same attitude as you about playing.

Secondly, if you think you are going to get bored and you want to play every other week, there is absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so with a weekly schedule. That's the beauty of more options. Play when you want, and take time off if you are bored or if you are busy. If a player is busy on a GW week on a once every two week schedule, they are out of luck for 3 more weeks.They could have played twice with a weekly schedule in the same time period instead.

Rewards will take twice as long to accrue. Is any one in favor of that?

Some players will quit the game entirely because GW is the only game mode that keeps them playing. Once every two weeks just isn't enough to keep them engaged.

It's only 18 attacks twice per week. It's not the 36 attacks that's the problem, it's the other coordination stuff that's the problem.
    NextGames and the community should be discussing how to fix those issues rather than just taking the option to play away. Engage the community to come up with more GW maps. That should be done no matter what the GW schedule.

This is a classic lose-lose decision. Players lose options to play, and at the same time NextGames loses revenue. Less revenue means less NextGames resources devoted to the game, and ultimately hastens the demise of the game entirely.
    SCBMAPaste
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,910
    edited June 12
    @nadecir are you a guild leader? Also what Guild are you in?

You speak like someone with zero responsibility in game that can flit about and play when you like and take breaks like it's no big deal?

For your guild leadership, I promise, it's a big deal. It's a raging pain in the ass in fact, when someone bails on the guild.

Many of the people in this forum have guild responsibilities and it would really screw over their guilds if they just "take a break".

If folks that are soooooo bored with the game that guild wars is the only thing they play, I won't lose any sleep AT ALL if they just post up on the Graveyard of Departed players, and go quietly into the night...

Honestly.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    SCBMAPaste