Dear Next Games...

2»

Comments

• ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 826
    I'm not a traditional player in any game i play, ever. I can withstand the grind in an rpg, usually, and that affords me the freedom to play unconventionally, often with terrific results.

I need 54 million more tomatoes to reach lvl 27. When i do, i can unlock half of the games heroes. I've left them locked because of the xp drain leveling heroes represents. xp that would have had to go into leveling heroes instead is tomatoes, so i level faster. Looking forward especially to beta and stabby rick.

Every week i hear comments in my guild chats about how i should unlock heroes or unlock better gear for my heroes. Just follow the strategy to get the stars etc. I can't do any of it. All i can do is farm.

And craft. Oh, i can craft. Badging is the only way to grow our heroes not directly tied to the grind of supplies and xp. @Grady may be responsible for doing more than anyone else in "the 10 percent" to save this game. Join Magic's discord server and learn what's going on with badging if you don't know.

I've had to sacrifice most aspects of gameplay just to be able to farm faster/more effectively. That is the game ng has built and, tragically, seems not to be adjusting.

NG to do list
    Badge crafting drops need to be adjusted
    Scavange specifically for crafting supplies needs to be created
    Common and uncommon gear need to be completely eliminated, chests rebalanced
    Tomato swaps through other currency exchange, at VERY generous terms
    Create new maps by reworking old maps with alternate win conditions
    Create new win conditions which can be used for reworking old maps
    Introduce new heroes with new LTs in ways which do not further saturate existing hero token market
    Allow for an exchange of crafting tokens and create tool tokens so players can better craft badges and modify their items

If the same system is used by both lower leveled growing players and end gamers, but for different purposes/goals, then you know the system is working. If both lower leveled growing players and end gamers hate the same system, then you know it isn't working. The fixes this game needs aren't dramatic, they're small and targeted. You can do this ng. You can make nml the best version it can be.
    PicKarajoca
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,427
    What would be cool would be “joint missions” with 1 or more of your guildmates and you could fight side by side as a team against walkers and/or Freemen for some cool rewards. Or, set it up like a GW battle. Maybe earn VPs to spend in a continually-restocked GW Shop.
    KarajocaSCBMA
  • rapidsagiirapidsagii Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2020
    Did any 10% or 90% (both fantastic) suggest that within one guild, guild mates can give their 20 mil tomatoes other guild mates?

Isn't that is what being in a guild is about?

Surely better to give away (help) rather then changing 4 million or 5 million tomatoes for a lousy weapon to scrap?
    PicGovernator
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    Awesome input @Karajoca
  • tigerchunyctigerchunyc Member Posts: 8
    Man, I literally just started playing this game for few weeks, this post discussion really making me think otherwise to stick with it.

I hope NG makes the progression less grindy and more enjoyable for all player levels, there are a lot of very good ideas in here. i hope they pay attention.
    Deathwish19
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 826
    > @tigerchunyc said:
    > Man, I literally just started playing this game for few weeks, this post discussion really making me think otherwise to stick with it.

The single best thing about this game is the very well established community playing it. Be a part of the community and it will enrich your play and your overall experience. It has for me.
    WellyLugaGradyDeathwish19Paste
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,042

> @tigerchunyc said:

> Man, I literally just started playing this game for few weeks, this post discussion really making me think otherwise to stick with it.

The single best thing about this game is the very well established community playing it. Be a part of the community and it will enrich your play and your overall experience. It has for me.

100%. I know I wouldn't have stuck around as long as I have had it not been for that.
  • ReinRein Member Posts: 27
    Hey, while we're here, why don't you guys add better profile features? It's ridiculous that you can't message other players, not to mention search them out, add them to a friends list or view a profile. Road to Survival (*gag reflex*) gives you a simple profile screen with an avatar, stats and message. Zombie Strike gives you three times as much. No Man's Land gives you a name and a badge. I don't know if it's because you have to kowtow to AMC and their PR department, but it's really, REALLY boring. I spend a lot of time just browsing people's profiles to see what they have to say about themselves, and I do this on other games looking for people who enjoy/reference the same things I enjoy, so doing it on the Walking Dead game would be loads of fun because I know right off the bat everyone likes the franchise.

I completely agree with the tomatoes thing. The death kneel for a mobile game is when you've reached max level and aren't getting that dopamine boost from upgrading shit. I mean, I'm just speaking the truth... people gain enjoyment from leveling up.

One idea that was passed around was a new building that farmed tokens, or just including them in scavenger missions. A building that you lock a character into and it produces X amount of tokens every hour would be massively beneficial and could be balanced by adding more survivors... either more Heroes or new characters that are long overdue.
    My NML Instagram | My NML YT Playlist | Guild: Woodbury
    "You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. You won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget."
    KarajocaJordanYuki
  • tigerchunyctigerchunyc Member Posts: 8
    WellyLuga said:

> @tigerchunyc said:

100%. I know I wouldn't have stuck around as long as I have had it not been for that.
    I am not giving up yet, still fun for me as of now.

Joined a guild but kind of way too chill for me, will need to look for better one once I have unlock more end game modes First.
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 149
    Good idea! @Rein It could be similar to Clash Royal, where you can request a number of cards based on rarity, in NML we could train our heroes so they give us a number of tokens based on “hero tiers”. I posted an idea the other day about dividing hero calls by “tier” so heroes like Daryl (Hunter), Glenn (Scout), etc.. would cost less radios. Training could work the same way, lower tier heroes would bring more hero tokens while top heroes would bring less.
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    Instant quality of life improvement with minimum coding:

Replace Bullet Dodge and Defensive Stance with other traits for future badges.
    BurmeliinisPasteghost_pepper
  • AlexKomAlexKom Member Posts: 71
    Good afternoon, dear friends. NG need urgently to change the system for creating badges. Many players also quit the game because of this. Players must understand what kind of badge they make, not play roulette. I recently posted on the JayZ forum a new badges creation system for example.
    Deathwish19
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,304
    > @AlexKom said:
    > Good afternoon, dear friends. NG need urgently to change the system for creating badges. Many players also quit the game because of this. Players must understand what kind of badge they make, not play roulette. I recently posted on the JayZ forum a new badges creation system for example.

https://discord.gg/Aa6SHHU

Join up and spread the word

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Paste
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,004
    Easy fix for top level players; add another "Super Nightmare" mode for the storyline missions. Increase difficulty with another +5 to +10 levels and exchange one regular walker with a metalhead or fast walker in most missions.

When there is no GW or other event going on, there is not much to do Tuesday and Wednesday. That would give some options to those that want to play without causing those that want to take a day off to feel pressured to play.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 296
    Great thread guys and some great ideas, we really need to be able to help our lower guild mates and our mini accounts ( those like most of us that run multiple guild families) by giving them unwanted gear ,Xp and tomatoes this will stop people giving up early and give them a boost when the grind gets tough, we all have hockey sticks and spears and old upgraded armour that we hardly or never use anymore. Let’s be able to trade it with guild mates. 
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 356
    Well written @Karajoca !!!

Is there such a thing as a BETA program for this game?
    Can you sign up for him?

• IgorGGTIgorGGT Member Posts: 51
    i had an idea, what about at hard distance replace the 2 stars components for 3 stars, the 3 stars for 4 stars, and change the 4 stars for tools. good components gets easier to get and high level players can get tools
    ATLAS-ZMrLuckyDanski_46
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    Two ideas I saw that I really liked:
    Double tomatoes booster just like XP (or how about both for $1 more).
    Being able to craft gear just like badges. I am convinced I will not find good gear anymore unless I buy it. Rewarded gear is trash, trade goods gear is almost always trash. I buy it with trade goods all the time and I maybe got one good piece in the last hundred tries.
    RiotZappa
  • VovVov Member Posts: 84
    By the time they come up with an innovative ideas, either I have maxed out or have stopped playing :#.

Regardless, not gonna let this post slipped away cause I really admire Joca for his work here.
    aquilaWellyLugaATLAS-ZRiotZappa