Should I keep playing or quit? (Check screen shots)

The game has mysteriously deleted my Decimator.

Should I keep playing or quit? (Check screen shots) 36 votes

Yes, quit and find something else to do with your time
33% 12 votes
No, keep playing 'cause this game is worth it
66% 24 votes

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 990
    @Fluxxx we need your help here!
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

ghost_pepperPasteDada
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    Can you show screenshots of your Assault weapons? Could it have gotten lost and stuck on another survivor by accident?
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    edited June 24

I have fast-twitch sold all grey brown and green gear from the treasure chest screen as a reflex since well before learning about auto scrape. So I've never had any in my inventory. I recently learned about saving and selling gold and blue gear during the xp sell events. As you can see, I've just gone over 300. I am almost certain i upgraded my Decimater (a few weeks ago) a level with reinforcement tokens. It was not equipped at the time. I favorited it immediately when that option was available. 

Regarding my item use, i use rosita for outpost when i need more TG between challenges to buy the tokens in the shop. I use governor as leader in scavange while leveling but don't want him killing anything (that's for maggie and glen to do, they bonus). I don't touch abe. But i was about to for this latest distance now that I'm pushing to try to finish it on hard.
  • StargazerStargazer Member Posts: 14
    As a new player to the game, how hard would you say in acquiring another decimator?  I know how powerful that grenade launcher is because I got to try it out in one of the season episode.  
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    @Fluxxx - Is it possible to restore the weapon simply based on the fact that he obviously earned it (screenshot of event rewards) and obviously no longer has it (screenshot of assault weapon collection)?
  • VovVov Member Posts: 21
    There is a possibility that your Decimator has been automatically scrapped because you have more than 300 equipment in your workshop. You may forget that even the favored weapon or armor can still be scrapped if you are over the inventory limit.
    Check this

TCBRITOrogueDSBurmeliinisFirekidPasteJayZcrambert_nec
    edited June 24
    It's a gold item. Not a grey or brown or green item. If it was scraped as a gold item when favorited then they need to fix this.

Edit: and why wouldn't support see that? In the screenshot support says they don't see evidence of it being scraped.
    edited June 24
    You need to understand that the system has a "deleted equipment log" showing all of the equipment being scrapped within 30 days. After the 30th day, those deleted equipment will not be saved, hence, cannot be retrieved or modified.

Imagine you are walking in a desert with a bag of coins which can store up to 300 coins, if you put more than 300 coins in, the excessive coins in the bottom start falling out. To be able to pick those dropped coins, you need to trace back your footprints. But if you are not able to trace back, i.e, you have been walking for too far and too long, those coins are gone to the desert.

Back to your case, the Decimator is an item, no matter what type, every item has a property: scrappable. There is nothing wrong here to fix, if you value that item, what you should do is to limit your inventory, not threatening to quit the game. This is a great game, sooner or later, they will give you another chance to have it. I think you should move on, had anyone in TWD given up when they lost one the their weapon?
    TCBRITOghost_pepperFirekidBullet_TheSaviorsPasteJayZ
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 60
    edited June 24
    Vov said:
    ...Imagine you are walking in a desert with a bag of coins which can store up to 300 coins, if you put more than 300 coins in, the excessive coins in the bottom start falling out. To be able to pick those dropped coins, you need to trace back your footprints. But if you are not able to trace back, i.e, you have been walking for too far and too long, those coins are gone to the ...
    Fun&good explanation for the logic of deleted item and I do agree that there's not much NG can do when there's no log left.

However, I think you misunderstood the system in terms of auto-scrapping. Excess inventory never automatically delete gold items. Favorite function is even to protect grey, brown, green items from automatically being scrapped. I once had x5 items over limit but never had had a single case that gold nor favorite items automatically deleted.
    Governator
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 404
    No equipment or weapon, legendary or epic, will be discarded automatically. The limit of 300 and automatic disposal is only for Common, uncommon and rare.
    SCBMAPasteDadaambience
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    I have 1400 weapons lol waiting for update and 2x scrap 
    ghost_pepperTCBRITO
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,106
    cyclon98 said:
    Vov said:
    ...Imagine you are walking in a desert with a bag of coins which can store up to 300 coins, if you put more than 300 coins in, the excessive coins in the bottom start falling out. To be able to pick those dropped coins, you need to trace back your footprints. But if you are not able to trace back, i.e, you have been walking for too far and too long, those coins are gone to the ...
    Fun&good explanation for the logic of deleted item and I do agree that there's not much NG can do when there's no log left.

However, I think you misunderstood the system in terms of auto-scrapping. Excess inventory never automatically delete gold items. Favorite function is even to protect grey, brown, green items from automatically being scrapped. I once had x5 items over limit but never had had a single case that gold nor favorite items automatically deleted.

Favoriting survivors equipment.

We are adding an option to favorite your survivors and equipment. Favoriting brings the survivors or equipment to the beginning of the list. Favorite equipment cannot be manually scrapped, however if you are over the inventory limit, the lowest level equipment will still be auto-scrapped, even if they are favorited.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/43101/spring-mayhem-update-notes

SCBMAPasteTCBRITO
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 60
    Oh!! I was wrong then. Thank you for the correction. But still gold items are not supposed to be auto scrapped no matter over the inventory or not. Now I'm scared..

Governator said:
    cyclon98 said:
    Vov said:

Favoriting survivors equipment.

We are adding an option to favorite your survivors and equipment. Favoriting brings the survivors or equipment to the beginning of the list. Favorite equipment cannot be manually scrapped, however if you are over the inventory limit, the lowest level equipment will still be auto-scrapped, even if they are favorited.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/43101/spring-mayhem-update-notes

Paste
    edited June 25
    Vov said:
    You need to understand that the system has a "deleted equipment log" showing all of the equipment being scrapped within 30 days. After the 30th day, those deleted equipment will not be saved, hence, cannot be retrieved or modified.

Imagine you are walking in a desert with a bag of coins which can store up to 300 coins, if you put more than 300 coins in, the excessive coins in the bottom start falling out. To be able to pick those dropped coins, you need to trace back your footprints. But if you are not able to trace back, i.e, you have been walking for too far and too long, those coins are gone to the desert.

Back to your case, the Decimator is an item, no matter what type, every item has a property: scrappable. There is nothing wrong here to fix, if you value that item, what you should do is to limit your inventory, not threatening to quit the game. This is a great game, sooner or later, they will give you another chance to have it. I think you should move on, had anyone in TWD given up when they lost one the their weapon?
    I think you didn't read the details of the first post. I'm very aware of the 30 days. So is the support person. I upgraded my decimater with tokens less than two weeks ago. So where did it go?

If i had deleted it.... There would be a note of that...

Now, this week, is the very first time i have EVER gone over 300 items. Look at the screenshots. 304/300. This happened after jackpot weekend. 

This is not the first item I've had go missing. I'm also missing a pumpkin carver from last years event.

I haven't threatened to quit. I made a poll. The results interest me. Maybe there are others with experiences like mine who have something to say they think i should hear.

I'm glad you like this game. It sounds like you know how you want to vote.

Something like this should be posted on the forum so that the community can see how ng handles it. Maybe they coded the decimator wrong and there's a bug and i found it and they'll fix it. Maybe this affects other people. I don't know. If there is no opportunity given and i behave poorly in the face of my frustration, why would they help me anyway?

I'll wait another day before contacting them directly. If the calls i did for bruisers today hadn't gone so wildly popcorn-in-the-air wonderful today, i don't think i would be here posting this right now.
    cyclon98FirekidBullet_TheSaviorsGrady
    rogueDS said:
    Do you mind sharing a picture your inventory with that amount of item here?
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 578
    Why @Vov? Just stop scrapping and you'll get there too. Nothing to share. I have 504/300 (needed XP recently or that would have been a lot more).
    Paste said:
    Why @Vov? Just stop scrapping and you'll get there too. Nothing to share. I have 504/300 (needed XP recently or that would have been a lot more).
    Because I cannot go over 300 with my items, the excessive ones are scrapped after one or two days.
    TCBRITOcyclon98
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 578
    I never had this happen btw. When you retire a survivor you get their weapons and badges back, so it shouldn't be possible. I would perhaps try to restore the account to another device in case you really have the missing weapons but they're not displaying for some reason. I'm grasping for straws here, but not sure what else you can do.
    Vov said:
    rogueDS said:
    Do you mind sharing a picture your inventory with that amount of item here?
    This is mine.

Thanks. Then if @[email protected]_pepper can provide clear evidence of the Decimator possession, I think he should have it back. 
  • DadaDada Member Posts: 44
    He already did... the screenshot of the Bloomsday event shows he earned it. Hope NG can restore it... Never saw a bug like that, and with Ghost happened twice! 
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,249

Just being devil's advocate here, and not accusing anyone of anything but...

Screen shot doesn't prove anything. 

For example, this one I've posted I just copied for this thread and posted as my own.

It really sucks I know but if they don't have logs older than 30 days there's no way to prove anything that I can think of.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    ShadowWalker
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 279
    edited June 26
    Buy another decimator there was one for under a tenner the other day, you obviously scrapped it by accident 
    screen shots mean nothing, oh and if it was somehow auto scrapped over a month ago you have not missed it that much if you just brought it up, have a nice day 😏😉
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Valkyries
    SCBMAShadowWalker
    I've provided fluxx with all my info and something did happen. He's looking into it. I am letting this thread go.

It's never a bad idea to screenshot important items and better to do it with a phone dropdown bar helping to date and time stamp.

And to answer the questioners, yes i did get the beta tokens. That screenshot was the "I'm about to get the beta tokens" screenshot.
    ShadowWalker
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 194
    Good luck, hope they can restore it!
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    Wish I would of known about this 30 day scrapped barbecue assault flaming weapon and was so pissed when I did it.  I was screaming like what the bleep bleep. This was maybe 1 year back. Should I scrap my tactical morgan staff and send a ticket. lol.  No way raking that chance.