Beta unlocked, trait recommendations?

Hi,

Unlocked Beta today, I would some experienced players who use Beta a lot to recommend the desirable traits to Reroll for?

I don’t do much outpost, mostly challenges and GW.

thanks.

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    edited June 26
    Hey tiger! Only 1 reroll needed and that’s iron skin for lucky. 
    MaD VapoRDanski_46TCBRITOPaste
  • tigerchunyctigerchunyc Member Posts: 8
    Ok thanks :)

did one Reroll end up with dodge as best option, will keep that for now until I have enough to try again.
    When rerolling If you don’t get the trait you want you should cancel it and keep the original, not only do you get half of the hero tokens back, it also means the two rejected traits won’t appear nextime you reroll giving you better odds to get the one you want. 
    Vovghost_pepperShadowWalkerDanski_46PasteTCBRITOBurmeliinis
  • tigerchunyctigerchunyc Member Posts: 8
    Oops, oh well.
    @Vov I’m interested to know what part of my advice you disagree with, as this is the advice I give to all my guild mates. If I’ve got something wrong I’d like to know. 
    PasteGovernator
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 631
    Dodge is a decent trait for him if you can get your DR to 80% without IS. My Beta is badged with Dam/DR, and it's pretty useful that he can take a hit sometimes. Although once I get enough tokens I will reroll for luck and use him as a Glass Cannon.
    SCBMA
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 399
    @Firekid

When you cancel and keep the original trait, you recover half of the hero tokens yes, but do not rule out the two traits from appearing again in the next exchange attempt. There may even be two different traits, but it's not a rule, it depends on luck. The only guarantee is that the same two traits that were discarded will not come, that is, I'm sure that at least one of them will come differently, but one of the two may appear again.
    SCBMAMaD VapoR
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,262
    This is my Beta. Take it or leave it. 

PasteGovernatoreuchidTheKing
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 527
    edited June 27
    @TCBRITO
    From what I heard Firekid is right. The two traits you decline will not be in your next reroll. They can come back in the roll after that though. When I read your post it seems to be saying the exact same thing though.

There are 11 possible traits for warriors ( https://us.v-cdn.net/6025874/uploads/editor/y7/kz3s0btugwmw.jpg )
    When you reroll the last trait for a hero warrior you already have 4 traits, so there's a possibility of 7 traits (11 - 4). That makes the probability 29% (100 * (1 - 6/7 * 5/6)). If you pass on the suggestion the next selection will only have 5 possibilities (11 - 4 - 2), so the probability of getting the trait you want will be 40% (100 * (1 - 4/5 * 3/4)) in your next reroll.
    SCBMATCBRITOBurmeliinis
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 631
    edited June 27
    @SCBMA did you reroll the same trait? I am pretty sure there was an update where this isn't suppose to happen on consecutive rolls.

Also since you're apparently rolling in reroll tokens, do you mind sending some this way?  ;)
    SCBMADeathwish19
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 180
    I think that is WAI. first roll, 2 traits to pick. Reject. 2nd roll, 2 different traits. Reject. All rolls reset, so you can get the same traits again in 3rd roll. 4th roll should not be the 2 from 3rd.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,114
    edited June 27
    SCBMA said:
    Oh and @Paste,
    When you post inaccurate information and the next post below you proves you wrong... don’t edit you post and put completely different information in there. Just own the mistake and move on.
    Again, people post screen shots as proof. They actually prove nothing. There's no way to indicate they were, in fact, consecutive rolls.

Now video would be harder to refute. Obviously it's still possible for a skilled person to doctor them, but generally... solid proof. 

Since the update, I don't think I've ever had a rejected trait come back up the following spin? It would have definitely caught my attention. 

@TCBRITO seems a decent fella, otherwise I'd be inclined to think it's just nasty-Troll-Karma.

But who knows, maybe I'm just lucky in that department?

Got any video @SCBMA ? Actually curious. Banter aside.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    SCBMABurmeliinis
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 180
    edited June 27
    Again, isn't this working as intended? First roll, you got 2 traits that were not IS. I assume you rejected both. 2nd roll, you got 2 entirely different traits. again, I assume you rejected. Now, all bets are off, and things reset, so you can get ANY trait on 3rd roll. But, 4th roll, you should not get the same traits as 3rd roll. Then the cycle repeats. What am I missing?
    edit. from 3.4 update notes, I don't know if this has been clarified since, but it does read like any consecutive re-roll where you reject should NOT contain the previous roll's traits.

"To improve player experience with Reroll tokens, we have reworked them so that you cannot get the same two results two rolls in a row on the same survivor (Only if you decide to keep the same trait).If you rolled trait A and B on Daryl, the next roll that you do on Daryl (regardless of whether you rolled another survivor's traits in between) will not contain traits A and B. Let's say the second roll on Daryl contains C and D, then Roll 3 on Daryl cannot contain C or D, but it could contain A and/or B."

So you re-rolled IS and got 2 different traits, A and B (FT and BD). Reject. 2nd roll did not contain A or B since you got vigilant and retaliate - call these C and D. OK so far. 3rd roll you got retaliate, which is one of C and D...which appears to contradict 'roll 3 cannot contain C or D'.
    @Fluxxx ?

edited June 27
    What's your problem @SCBMA? I edit my posts all the time because of typos or rephrasing myself. I didn't see you replied until now. Also, my statement is the same. I think I just added "When I read your post it seems to be saying the exact same thing though". I would have been happy to burry our feud (that you started for some unknown reason) and admit being wrong, but if you're going to behave like this, then fuck you.

Edit: Removed 1/2 F-words
    Drhoo
    My previous reactions to being corrected (by reasonable people without major psychological issues trying to slander me):
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/408276/#Comment_408276
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/401415/#Comment_401415

SCBMA harassing me over nothing in the past, then accusing me of "continuously calling people out on the forum" (without giving any evidence about this): https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/407473/#Comment_407473 
    Drhoo

You're probably right @Firekid ;-)

On topic,

I actually use Beta quite a lot in guild wars.

My Beta is still Blue and Tanked like a Bruiser
    x3 DR and x3 Health

I'll have him lead to Bruisers on "get to the exit" and "search for clues" missions. Exception if there's Tank/Goo/spikey I wouldn't do this.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Burmeliinis
    Beta is one character, like Sasha, that I wish I could have more than one of.

There's many good options.

I definitely want a full offensive Beta, but I also know the second I did it, I'd miss the defensive set.

ShadowWalker
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    ATLAS-Z said:

My Beta is still Blue and Tanked like a Bruiser
    x3 DR and x3 Health

I'll have him lead to Bruisers on "get to the exit" and "search for clues" missions. Exception if there's Tank/Goo/spikey I wouldn't do this.
    I do the same with him for Challenge missions. Tanked with a splash of Ruthless.

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,262
  • VovVov Member Posts: 20
    @Firekid I agree with TCBRITO because it happened to me when I got the same 1 trait after I chose to keep the original. And the one with responsibility seems not to be able to give an explanation so I just drop an disagree. I did not see the codes so just don't know how it will run when people reroll.
    FirekidTCBRITO
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 399
    It has always worked for me, it does not repeat the same two discarded characteristics, but one of them may appear again in the other attempt.

@Fluxxx Can you please clarify this dilemma?

SCBMA
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 921
    It should work as most of you have been saying here. For any given roll of the same survivor, neither of the traits should appear in the next roll if you opted to sick with the current trait. We haven't had any reports of this not working since the 3.4 update, but if it happened to you, then please submit a ticket.
    TCBRITO