How to better utilize each class?

As a new player, I like to know if each class is viable in the game and what the best situation for each class?  

Ever since I got the shooter class, I have been neglecting the other melee classes save for scavenge mission.  

I don't understand the Bruiser class?  It meant to take damage as the tank, but one hit from the zombies and my bruiser is well "bruise".  Is my goal to take hit or not get hit at all?  I mean the Bruiser class is suppose to take hits right as it mainly use as a front-line shield? 

In every mode, my desire is to walk away without needing to use the hospital and as such I spend majority of my time only using non-melee classes.  I feel this isn't always the correct way to play as I'm neglecting the other half of the game but I don't know what situation to use the Bruiser in?

Lastly is level more important than stars when it come to a survivors strength?
Deathwish19

Comments

• huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 273
    Hi Stargazer!  Look at Strategy Discussion, tips and Tricks section..many great links in there...good luck!
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
    Deathwish19
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    Getting bruisers right is giving them the necessary traits and as much health and damage resistance as possible.
    Traits should be punish, retaliate, dodge, lucky and iron skin.
    Armour +health, dodge and hazard is generally the best. 
    Use bruisers to protect your high damage survivors. 
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,740
    They should also be given a weapon with razer, to help the chance of stunning the walkers, 
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2020
    Until I reached around lvl 50 or so, I'd never understood why people kept saying bruisers and scouters are good since my hunters & shooters were just "enough" to kill zombies. 

You'll surely come to know one day (as I did) how bruisers can save your life by sacrificing their own healths and how scouters (esp. Rick & Daryl) can easily take care of fatties with their deadly knifes and spears which otherwise would be really pain in the neck.

trumpton
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    @Burmeliinis rerolled Carol is awesome, definitely worth investing in. 
    psychwolf
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 77
    keep on playing with ranged upto under +5, untill you are at lvl 74,hahaha, only then you can reap the benefits and understand the melee game... 
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 515
    Stargazer said:
    As a new player, I like to know if each class is viable in the game and what the best situation for each class?  

Ever since I got the shooter class, I have been neglecting the other melee classes save for scavenge mission.  

I don't understand the Bruiser class?  It meant to take damage as the tank, but one hit from the zombies and my bruiser is well "bruise".  Is my goal to take hit or not get hit at all?  I mean the Bruiser class is suppose to take hits right as it mainly use as a front-line shield? 

In every mode, my desire is to walk away without needing to use the hospital and as such I spend majority of my time only using non-melee classes.  I feel this isn't always the correct way to play as I'm neglecting the other half of the game but I don't know what situation to use the Bruiser in?

Lastly is level more important than stars when it come to a survivors strength?
    Hey. Based on your post and unlocking of classes, i recommend you read everything you can on how to develop. 

-Dont put tokens into growing your generic survivors. Save the tokens. You will always end up with more survivors. Recycle new ones into the place of old ones instead of leveling old ones with tokens and xp. If you need to do it with one or two a little bit, ok. but try to do this as little as possible.

-use ranged while you grow. Switch to mele later. Mele is an absolute turd of a class untill you can make it good, then when you can make it good you will fall in love with it like nothing else.

-do not open heros when you have enough tokens for them. Only a certain few heros do you open. Each level you have to put xp into growing them bigger. Whenever you unlock them, they have the current level of your training yard. If you unlock them much later, that's less xp you need to grow them. This bare bones approach will help you grow MUCH faster. There are only a handful of them you really need to develop. 

-do not touch crafting untill someone who knows what they are talking about has helped explain it to you. And do not touch gold crafting untill you have the craftsman 2 building update. Just don't.
    Deathwish19Burmeliinis
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 533
    Everything said here is dead on. I started just like you, using mostly assaults and shooters.
    Now I use melee 90% of the time and getting further in the challenges than ever before. 
    Guns become a real liability with the threat counter once you get walkers spawning way above your level.
    Deathwish19ghost_pepper