1 minute gas vs 7 day bundle

So the unlimited gas can be a worth wild bundle if you plan on nerding out. With the ole lady gone I would be tempted to buy the 14.99 bundle, but what if 1 minute gas is the weekend event? Then while true you get double XP, it kinda defeats the purpose of bundle. With unlimited gas you can gain as much XP as you want, so the hero is Gas.

Would be nice @Fluxxx if we had a public service announcement in advance if we are having 1 minute. I understand the logic of making money and I understand why the 7 day bundle isn’t offered on Wednesday through Sunday would be too easy to buy once and use for two events, but at least give us a little warning on 1 minute gas as it hoses me last time
vshield50

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    @Drunken as far as I’m aware I think either vane or fluxx said they would not run a 1 minute gas if the 7 day booster was on sale.
    vshield50
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,550
    @Firekid thanks, I feel more comfortable, also I stand corrected I think I bought on the reduce gas weekend. Was 5 minute...
    Revengervshield50
    Which I believe was added to the jackpot weekend due to people moaning about jackpot event and NG listened and combined it with the 5 min gas...
    yep
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,114
    I'm only posting in here since that seems to be the only way for the NEW THREAD notification to go away...

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Grady
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 399
    Bump cause this obviously didn’t happen 🤣
    SpikedPaste
    @Fluxxx I am certain either yourself, vane or Kaz previously said that you wouldn’t sell 7 days boosters on a 1 min gas week. It’s a bit cheeky don’t you think? 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,477
    I think it may have been before Fluxxx's time but I definitely remember reading that! It was handy to know when trying to predict the weekend event, you could rule it out if you saw that bundle in the shop. 
    Yeah @Fluxxx what’s up with this. I was gonna buy a bundle this morning and honestly logged in at 7 my time and was too late. Thank God! But how many did buy it? 
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 921
    Sorry about this, it is true that we don't sell 7-day boosters on weeks where we plan on running 1-min gas. Being preoccupied with work for the update, we didn't connect the dots.

Anyways, we've decided to take out 1-min gas from this weekend. Instead, we'll run 1-minute gas for all of next week.
    FirekidpsychwolfSpikedSarge_
    @Fluxxx thanks for the response! So what is the weekend event going to be this week instead? Also if we are getting 1 min gas all week next week any chance of 5sec upgrades Monday and Tuesday? 
    Danski_46
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,045
    Could we please have reduced healing for a replacement event @Fluxxx 🙏
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 136
    Fluxxx said:
    Sorry about this, it is true that we don't sell 7-day boosters on weeks where we plan on running 1-min gas. Being preoccupied with work for the update, we didn't connect the dots.

Anyways, we've decided to take out 1-min gas from this weekend. Instead, we'll run 1-minute gas for all of next week.
    This way it is also bad for many players. I guess I'm not the only one who hadn't care the gas economy since the beginning of the challenge because I've expect "unlimited" gas in the weekend :(
    MFJigsaw
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575
    Well, that sucks for those of us counting on 1 min gas for this long ass challenge. When are we getting rewards from Stardust challenge? Hopefully not all at once at the end... would have been nice to release the rewards as they unlock (such as the gas booster) so we can use them this weekend.
    ShadowWalkerpsychwolf
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    It would be less controversial to still give 1 min gas for this weekend and then extend that by 4 days.
    JayZMFJigsaw
    @JayZ I strongly disagree, I think it works out better this way, depending what challenge they give next week. I like reduced healing for this event. Look at a lot of the scores this week people already hitting 4K 

1 week long minute gas is never a bad thing especially if they pair it well. 
    ShadowWalker
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575
    It works out better for people who have already purchased boosters. Not cheap asses like myself.

That’s also besides the point. My main point is that we should get the 25 M stars 1 day gas booster NOW instead of in 3-4 weeks. We’re about to get: a week of 1 min gas, a free gas booster for the update (if history is any indicator), and on top of that a 1 day and 2 days gas boosters from the Stardust challenge.

We’ll have a stupid amount of gas in the future, so I’d rather have more now.
    ATLAS-ZPasteManselle
    The annoying side is that Fluxxx reported a 7 day window to claim all of the boosters and that they will be sent out when the event ends on 20th July. You could wait until the last possible second to claim your 2 day booster but it will still run out before the next challenge starts. Unless they release a council upgrade it's an absolute waste, no one needs 3 days of booster for one challenge. 
    TCBRITOghost_peppermimica
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 199
    I agree, It seems like a waste to offer all these boosters within such a limited timeframe.

At least give us some more time to use them (this goes for the update boosters as well).

And if there ever is a challenge we need 1 minute gas it's this one (and blood and ice). :D

How about meeting halfway and giving 5 minute gas this weekend. Heck, i'll even take 8 minute gas. lol
    Or give us 30 with every TG shop restock.

help us out here @Fluxxx :)
    JayZ
    @JayZ I agree with ya, they should release rewards as we get them. The update tho doesn’t have a council upgrade at least they claim not. 

So the update booster on top of the rewards will be a major waste. 
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Hey @Fluxxx if you put a 2 day gas booster into the shop, I'll buy it. I would love to enjoy this double xp from kills while I'm laid up on my couch for a few days doing some minor injury recovery.

I would use the stardust reward. But i cant.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 921
    There's a couple of points that I'd just like to bring up here for transparency and just general awareness.

The Stardust Challenge lasts 4 weeks. Throughout those 4 weeks, there's a lot of new players who also join in and contribute at one point or another. If rewards are given out as they are reached, there's going to be many thousands of players who will miss out because they weren't around when the event started. In the spirit of the community event, we want everyone to benefit.

The second reason that rewards are given at the end, is that it's just more practical for us to give the rewards out all at once. Our team is very busy preparing for the update, so it makes more sense for us to distribute the rewards afterwards instead of taking away the time from update preparation which is a lot more time-sensitive.

I completely understand why you guys would prefer receiving the rewards as they are reached, but I hope that these reasons at least clarify why it is not so.
    cyclon98TCBRITO
    @Fluxxx any chance of getting a long timer say 3-4 weeks on the boosters then? Particularly if we are going to be getting another gas and XP booster as an update gift too?
    Agreed, I've no issue whatsoever with getting all the rewards at the end but if I get two boosters in a Monday-Monday 7 day window then one will be wasted
    @Fluxxx can we please stay on topic 

@Firekid don’t be tempting fluxxx to drive off topic of 7 day and 1 minute gas 🤣

I do think that NG will do it right where you will probably be able to get one booster per week. Granted one booster you will have to rage! 
    Firekid
    Lol, yeah sorry, got a bit distracted 😂