Update 3.9 Discussion Thread

Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

xbamfxJimiFaithMudMoccasinBuddy24

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,583
    Is damage% and flat gonna be same recipe so meaning you could get either or? 
    Buddy24
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Also badge crafting will be much simpler, and I can toss out my notebook of badge cycles.
    Simpler is not always a good thing.

I think @atlas is probably right and anyone who can NEEDS to craft dmg% and health% before they no longer can.
    MaD VapoRJimiFaithBuddy24lettemgo
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 577
    Are we getting a free booster for upgrading in addition to the other two from the Stardust Challenge now? ;)

And I fully agree with @ghost_pepper. Are the new recipes added on top of your current system or does it replace it @Fluxxx?
    xbamfxJimiFaithBuddy24
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 638
    edited July 14
    Also badge crafting will be much simpler, and I can toss out my notebook of badge cycles.
    Simpler is not always a good thing.

I think @atlas is probably right and anyone who can NEEDS to craft dmg% and health% before they no longer can.

In the video Fluxxx said that slot, set and badge condition will be random. I am guessing that we will have some control over flat vs % since that wasn't mentioned as being random. There are 8 possible types of badges (CC, DR, Dam+, Dam%, CD+, CD%, H+, H%), but way more recipe combinations.
    xbamfxghost_pepperJimiFaithBuddy24
    "...while slot, set and condition will still remain random"

Only the set was fully really random before, but they said it was random for simplicity. So this can be interpreted as the old system will remain, or they are replacing it, making it completely random.
    xbamfxghost_pepper
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 521
    edited July 15
    😁😁😁😁😁😀😀😀😀😀😃😃😃😃😃
    My anticipation is now unfathomably higher than words can quantify!!!!!!!!!! That long overdue Mossberg 590 which I thought would never be seen again is now gonna be a reality!!!! And correctly named too??????!!!!!!!! I can finally shut up once and for all about this (I never fail to whine about it in every thread about Shotguns whether it's in General or Suggestions)!!!!! THANK YOU ENDLESSLY NG AND @Fluxxx !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... For me, the words, "Thank You" for Next Games doing this is just not enough!!!!!!!!!!

xbamfxShadowWalkerJimiFaithDeathwish19
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 389
    council upgrade also??
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : MAVERICKS NOC 

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is still alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    xbamfx
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,312
    PasteJasonZSarge_JimiFaith
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 389
    xbamfx said:
    No other buildings to upgrade? 
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : MAVERICKS NOC 

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is still alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    Unlikely. They usually do other building upgrades with Council upgrades, don't they?
    Krieg
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 681
    Fully agree that we need more info about the crafting update. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Adamski316
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    Yes if the badge chart is now gone that would suck. I only craft when get the bonus I want. Like power strike for damage badge. Pair with bruiser bonus for DR badge etc.  @Fluxxx. I really hope that the badge chart doe 1 dr and 6dr cycle still exists. If not this craft update is a fail and I will craft my 15 badges before then. 
    Adamski316Buddy24
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    I've been thinking about this all afternoon as i don't farm tomatoes.

1) they totally screw us and we can't avoid # in favor of %, adding in a coinflip we don't need.

2) the system is still in design and can accomodate feedback which is why we're being told now. See 1)

3) the new system will still follow a "random badging pathway" which is somehow not random and we will figure it out because math and because data. And then some of us will still properly match desired badge type with desired trait bonus. I don't want class bonus. And i especially don't want hero bonus. I only want trait bonus so the bonus always works and i have freedom to play any groupping of heroes.

4) there is some other ill conceived methodology which screws us when it comes to percents. Like how it takes some of us far far more rerolls and tokens than others to fix a desired trait onto a hero. Maybe now we get that with badges only we're wasting gold frags and components to get the badges we want.

It's only been an afternoon. I know they're busy. I'm sure fluxxx would rather give us good info than bad info. If they're not ready to tell us amything, then that's why they're not saying anything.

There are token events where the first round has a guaranteed hero. Why not with rerolls do the same thing? Every few weeks there is a guaranteed trait that will appear every other reroll for ranged or for mele. If people play long enough they'll get what they want and probably buy some stuff along the way. But we don't have that reroll system. If badging goes down the road of random where rerolls currently exists i will probably stop playing. How else will i continue catching up to players who have been at this for years and years? With 10,000 dollars? Sorry no. I will never pay that for this game.
    Adamski316tigerchunyc
  • SuckitSuckit Member Posts: 58
    Still no ability to pick out defenders in Guild Wars. Such a let down. 
    PasteMudMoccasin
  • Adamski316Adamski316 Member Posts: 59
    They totally screwed us over with the new badge crafting. Now every one will mostly get the underwhelming flat badges instead of percentage badges. NG, the community has figured out perfect recipes for desired badge crafting, why couldn't u guys just leave it alone? 
    Paste3vilrine
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 113
    NG c'est un peut comme les médias il ne disent jamais tous... la ils essaient de faire genre pour que quelques joeurs restent mais bon à chaque mise a jour il y a un problème, les mises à jour ne seront jamais à notre avantage vous devriez le savoir non ?

La il nous donne le choix sur les badges (enfin pas vraiment) mais pourquoi ça ? Bah vous allez voir que dans la boutique il y aura toujours des composant et insignes à acheter et ça va être un bon moyen de ramasser de l'argent... ceux qui sont la depuis le début du jeux ont ne poura jamais les rattraper ou encore rivaliser, a moins de mettre BEAUCOUP d'argent, et encore c'est même pas sur qu'on rivalise.

Il ne faut pas ce prendre la tête et jouer normalement sans dépenser de tune tout simplement.
    Perla
    They totally screwed us over with the new badge crafting. Now every one will mostly get the underwhelming flat badges instead of percentage badges. NG, the community has figured out perfect recipes for desired badge crafting, why couldn't u guys just leave it alone? 
    They haven't even released the update or clarified how it works. They could just be adding this on top of the existing system.
    ShadowWalkerJimiFaith
  • JMCT86JMCT86 Member Posts: 1
    Hershel, Andrea, Beth?

Chingisca
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 137
    Does anyone know when this will drop?
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    mcjack44
  • ChingiscaChingisca Member Posts: 58
    Why not Andrea, Hershel or Beth 😭😭😭
    ShadowWalkerBuddy24
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 174
    Anybody asked about the dates of the event? Just 3 weeks. @Fluxxx, really just 3 weeks in this Event?. Please confirm.
    LucildenceBuddy24
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 137
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy