Update 3.9 Discussion Thread

Comments

• pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 349
    We need more hero's just like we need 3 more timers for the cinema ads
    m4sShadowWalker
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 60
    Does the T-dog's leader skill also apply to the DT & the Spear for the zombies one space away??
    WahooDawg
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,147
    It will drop next week...July 27th is when the new season missions start
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

huskersoxfan
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Glad badge crafting will be insightful for everyone now.
    That is long overdue.
    I can imagine a lot of people will get more of the badges they want.
    That is really good!

It does seem we'll lose control over bonus effect, angle and flat-or-%. Which is a huge loss to everyone who figured out how to use the repetitive systems of badge crafting.

I hope we'll have more control...
    MudMoccasin
  • TimyunTimyun Member Posts: 238
    Starting changing Heroes' leader trait is a wonderful news. Maggie, Negan, Carol, Daryl are in the queue.
    MudMoccasinRiotZappa
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,321
    I want to see Felipe aka Hector from season one, episode 4, The Vatos. 
    zivaoliviaWalkerslayer82xbamfx
    @Johnny_B, I'm one of big fans of your cartoon. I can't wait!!!
    Johnny_B
  • Johnny_BJohnny_B Content Creator Posts: 162
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 154
    Very excited about this update, thanks a lot @Fluxxx & crew !!! :smiley:
    cyclon98Verdao1914
  • xavier76xavier76 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2020
    bonjour a tous, enfin 2 nouveaux personnages pressé de jouer avec eux et j'espère qu on aura plus souvent des talkies des nouveaux héros et refaire  le système pour avoir certains talkies des nouveaux perso pourquoi ne pas mettre de l'alpha ou du beta dans boutique article de troc? ou lors d'événement dans les appels héros garantis? pour la fabrication d'insignes d'après la vidéo, chaque insigne aura sa recette de composants que je trouve ca bien enfin j'espère que c'est bien ca? merci @Fluxxx
    PerlaRiotZappa
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 851
    I can't believe they are bringing Shane... MF SHANE... they finally listened...!!! (About Shane, I'm not saying they generally don't)
    Finally the piece that was missing in the puzzle... well one of them...
    I just hope that if things get complicated he doesn't kill one of the other survivors and leave them for bait...
    It's a petition made reality for lots of us... and also the missing season missions...
    I share @MudMoccasin 's thankfulness...
    Must admit I got a little bummed for a moment when I thought Glenn's trait would be changed because I still use him very much... also thankful for Rick's trait...

this is just so AWESOME... I want to punch the wall... I just feel that there is so much stuff in the past that the game could benefit from, I liked adding Alpha and Beta... and current heroes, but a part of me always misses the old characters... like, they can't not be in the game so thank you so much for the throwback...
    MudMoccasin
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 810
    All they needed to do at this point was to make a "badge on deck" thing which would say what your most likely next badge might be. Like how baseball has a "batting on deck" circle so you have an idea of what comes next. That would have been VERY easy to create and would have helped the cluless players who will never visit Magic's discord server and learn about crafting in the #badges channel. 

Rewatch the video. All this fuss about the new heros and rightly so. And then at the very end this tiny little blurb bomb. They new we'd react with suspicion. I want some more info. I'm not convinced this will go well untill I'm convinced. 
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 368
    How long are you playing this game @ghost_pepper ? You should know that is always like this, we don't know how exactly changes looks like until we see them live. All i say is don't judge before you see. I can see your frustration all over the forums lately, not sure why, what's the problem ? 
    Chill out, wait, you will get update notes and more details soon. 
  • WhereisHeathWhereisHeath Member Posts: 79
    Now can u delete Sniper Morgan and replace him with long hair Carol (hunter) please? :)

Sniper Morgan it's a bit useless and looks exactly the same as bruiser Morgan except for his clothes. On the other hand, Carol looks completely different like Huntsman Daryl, Survivalist Rick or Hilltop Maggie.

ShadowWalkerTCBRITOxbamfxChingisca
    Now can u delete Sniper Morgan and replace him with long hair Carol (hunter) please? :)

Sniper Morgan it's a bit useless and looks exactly the same as bruiser Morgan except for his clothes. On the other hand, Carol looks completely different like Huntsman Daryl, Survivalist Rick or Hilltop Maggie.

I think that alt Carol should be many times stronger than alt Morgan. So just have a absolutely new alt Carol. As for alt Morgan, ignore him. :D
    WhereisHeathShadowWalkerTCBRITOAdamski316
    cyclon98 said:
    Does the T-dog's leader skill also apply to the DT & the Spear for the zombies one space away??
    Zweihander cannot punish a gapped enemy. So I think that this question already has an answer.
    ShadowWalkerGradycyclon98
  • WhereisHeathWhereisHeath Member Posts: 79
    Timyun said:

I think that alt Carol should be many times stronger than alt Morgan. So just have a absolutely new alt Carol. As for alt Morgan, ignore him. :D

I never understood why they added this Morgan version, he used a rifle like in 3 episodes on the entire show ... It would be so much better and coherent to add Carol or Yumiko and a new hunter weapon, Yumiko's bow.
    ShadowWalkerTimyunJimiFaith
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 687
    Glad badge crafting will be insightful for everyone now.
    That is long overdue.
    I can imagine a lot of people will get more of the badges they want.
    That is really good!

It does seem we'll lose control over bonus effect, angle and flat-or-%. Which is a huge loss to everyone who figured out how to use the repetitive systems of badge crafting.

I hope we'll have more control...
    What I really wish was included.... a way to consolidate the unbelievable amount of unused lower rarity components to make higher rarity components/fragments.  Or at the very least use them to upgrade current badges. For example, 100 Common components/fragments can be converted into 1 Legendary or used to make the % of current badges increase if not allow them to be scrapped for XP or supplies....
    jimmorrison369Karajocaghost_pepperRickMSA
  • OohbabyOohbaby Member Posts: 48
    Not too happy about seeing Rick’s primary trait redone. He was perfect for the distance and melee characters
    JimiFaith
    Karajoca said:
    I can see your frustration all over the forums lately, not sure why, what's the problem ? 
    Chill out, wait, you will get update notes and more details soon. 
    There are 4 pathways to making your survivors stronger. Time (xp) leveling them up to 27. Time (supplies) to unlock buildings that bottleneck those levels to 27. Time or money (items) to get the right combination of traits on items.

Here's the 4th one.
    Time + knowledge, or money, (badges) to craft takes an enormous amount of grind to acquire the grey and brown components needed to move around the badging map for optimized crafting moments where it's best to use gold. I learned badging. It is not easy which is why the vast majority of the interconnected community still doesn't jump. That's what i see on Line and Discord and in this forum. Every single 10 star finished hero I've seen has had subobtimal badges. This is the one edge I've carved out, this and the patience to save radios for when it's really worth using them.

I did buy a reroll pack (x7 for $10) to support the game knowing on a long enough timeline rerolls are a suboptimal purchase. But I'm not going to dump money into slot machines, not in my daily life and not in my daily gaming.  I started this game at the beginning of last year but didn't play seriously untill the end of it. I just put in 5 months to grind from lvl 21 to lvl 27. I know how to use glenn and maggie and governor.

I feel like if ng screws this crafting update then it will further lock the ceiling down on top of my development. I will not buy my way to the top. I will think it there. That's how i game.

The last two games i played were fantasy rpg's and i played them at the highest level with minimal investment. I expect not to show up and suddenly be at the top. That would be wrong. There is a delicate balance between allowing players to remain on top because they showed up early, because they spend money, and because they express skill in their play above others at a similar level. I decided to come back to this game and stick with it and grind to the top (which is only the beginning, i know) because of the required amount of game play skill to be at the top. I'm ready to play this puzzle at the most difficult of levels but first i have to build (not buy) the sports car account to do it.

@Karajoca i hope I've answered your questions. I respect you for your posts and how others have referred to your experience in this game. I think you're right, I'll wait untill after this update to revisit the forum. I've made my worries known and that's enough. 
    Karajoca
    MudMoccasin said: Common components/fragments... allow them to be scrapped for XP or supplies....
    Crafting requires 20k supplies to make a badge, any rarity. Go and sell a grey badge. You get 10k xp. This is a terrific and widely unused ratio of exchange. Min-max on xp farming directly involves badge crafting before parking xp in unused items that scrape during double xp scrape events.

Honestly, i don't known why more people don't talk about this. It's right there!
    MudMoccasin
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 368
    Thanks for your post and clearence @ghost_pepper!
    That's why i asked, so you are relatively new to the game and trying to build your way up. 
    I am very well aware of problems you are facing, and i do try to speak loud about it and help. 
    Next big update will definitely have council included and if they just keep pushing like that, with no changes, gap between new players and old ones is getting bigger and bigger... 

I am currently working close to one new member who joined my guild, experienced gamer, trying to catch up fast as he can. I will try to write down all the problems he is facing and present them here detailed. 
    Crazy amount of time/money is needed for someone who decide to start playing today that's for sure a problem but i really think - this update is good and badges will be one less problem.

Just give it a chance and see. Don't craft right afrer update,wait a week or two, check how others do it... Have a little faith :) 

cheers
    edited July 2020
    Timyun said:
    cyclon98 said:
    Zweihander cannot punish a gapped enemy. So I think that this question already has an answer.
    Thank you for the answer. Then what if there're 1 adjacent zombie and 1 more next to it(adjacent to the first zombie but 1 space away from the hero)? Will the punish them both as Zweihander does?
    Timyun
    cyclon98 said:
    Timyun said:
    cyclon98 said:
    Thank for the answer. Then what if there're 1 adjacent zombie and 1 more next to it(adjacent to the first zombie but 1 space away from the hero)? Will the punish them both as Zweihander does?
    Complex situation. Punish, retaliate, overwatch and revenge can indeed possibly cause damage on several enemies if the weapon allows. However, for melee weapon, it depends on attack angles.
    If the bruiser with zweihander, punished enemy and gapped enemy are in a horizontal or vertical line and within attack range, the gapped one will be involved in punish. If the three ponits are in a diagonal line, the gapped enemy is out of attack range, so not involved. If there is a 135° angle between the three points, the gapped enemy is out of attack direction, so not involved. 
    For Festival Lucille and Morgan's Staff and even common warrior weapon, there is no confusion. Folk and spear works similarlly like zweihander. For Dragon Tongue, also, depends on attack angle and range. Specific situation, specific result.
    cyclon98
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083
    Regarding badge crafting, the current crafting patterns will no longer be there in the new implementation. However there will also be some additional changes that address some of the concerns that have been voiced here.
    As for the seasonal event, the dates are correct :) 

More clarification on these in the update notes!
    xbamfxMudMoccasinMaD VapoR3vilrine
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    Thank you for sharing @Fluxxx. This will be helpful to people deciding what to do with their components before the update.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    PasteMaD VapoRMudMoccasin3vilrineJimiFaith
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Fluxxx looks like you didn’t leave room for flat badges. Are they going away? Or is it a chance in crafting health and damage?