Update 3.9 Discussion Thread

Comments

• SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 167
    3vilrine said:
    That means as much as laziness is rewarded from now on. Everyone who is "really" interested in the game and tries to get better is looking for it and thus you inevitably come across sooner or later via the forum, chats, charts etc.

Its not about laziness. Its about the possibility to get into it. The knowledge about the cycles and the system behind it is floating around for some time now, but it wasn´t shared in public for a long time. It was dealed as a good kept secret from most of the top players who took advantage of it.

I´m aware of the system for not longer then a year now. This isn´t about laziness. It was about non sharing. In this time I just spent my hardly earned components to get shitty badges, while other people crafted badges with perfect conditions.

When I discovered the system on the Discord server shared by some pretty cool dudes and dudettes, I was still hammered by the complexity. Next problem was that it was hard for me to check what was served, because english isn´t my native language.

Now that I´m in, I spend lots of time in my guild chat to explain it to other players, that are not into it.

The top players are not amused about the change, because they can´t finetune their badgesets with hundreds of golden badges anymore. But the majority of the players would be lucky if they would have some good sets at last.

Its not about laziness, its about equality.
    3vilrineBurmeliinisFirekid8900rpmJayZghost_pepperPasteMaD VapoR
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 150
    “Simpler” just happens to be “worse” right after the map is figured out and more people are using it.

i’m sure it is just a pure coincidence 
    3vilrineghost_pepper
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,475
    edited July 17
    I'm sure it's not the first time something in this game has been labelled 'random' when it isn't, many things appear that way when really they are pre-determined. I bet everyone thought the previous badge crafting system was random when it wasn't. 

The game is stale and so was the crafting system. Basically the same 38 badges over and over and over. Occasional jumps to get better badges blah blah blah.

I have my opinion and you have yours which is fair enough. Sometimes random is good, its fun, sometimes its not. But predictability is boring after a while. At least now we might be able to get more DR badges with solid bonuses without having to spend a few weeks worth of 1-3* components.
    Shezza10
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 137
    Thanks for the info @Fluxxx
    Looking forward to all the new stuff.
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    Deathwish19
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 662
    Its not about laziness. Its about the possibility to get into it. The knowledge about the cycles and the system behind it is floating around for some time now, but it wasn´t shared in public for a long time. It was dealed as a good kept secret from most of the top players who took advantage of it.

I´m aware of the system for not longer then a year now. This isn´t about laziness. It was about non sharing. In this time I just spent my hardly earned components to get shitty badges, while other people crafted badges with perfect conditions.
    I just want to correct this. The information was kept secret for a very short time. As soon as the badge cycles were shared to a few guilds it was almost immediately shared on the forums, as at that point there was only info about the 1DR and the 6DR cycles, and some players were bummed they were in the 1DR cycle. So when it was shared, the map was very incomplete and how jumping works was unknown. As @Grady mentioned, the whole map was completed just two weeks ago and all progress in between has been shared on magic’s discord and on this forum.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    ghost_pepperSarge_PasteDeathwish19
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 268
    @Fluxxx Are the update notes for the new release out?  Have I missed them somewhere?

It would be better for the players to get update notes earlier in the future.  Players are going to be upset if they are spending resources now that they might want to use instead in the next release.
    I just want to correct this. The information was kept secret for a very short time.

Your impression vs mine. I noticed that there was more knowledge about badge crafting inside my guild, as it was shared right away.

The other points that I mentioned are still valid. Players vs forum members, knowing forum members vs sheet geeks and so on.

I welcome the change for all players, even if I´m into the chart system now for myself.
    jimmorrison369Karajoca
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 148

I just want to correct this. The information was kept secret for a very short time. As soon as the badge cycles were shared to a few guilds it was almost immediately shared on the forums, as at that point there was only info about the 1DR and the 6DR cycles, and some players were bummed they were in the 1DR cycle. So when it was shared, the map was very incomplete and how jumping works was unknown. As @Grady mentioned, the whole map was completed just two weeks ago and all progress in between has been shared on magic’s discord and on this forum.

Agree. I discovered the 1/6DR cycles in the JayZ ‘s Guide. I translated this into Spanish and shared within the post. In the same place there was a reference to Magic’s Discord with more information. I found the monopoly map, translated and shared again. 
    Besides this, I shared the information with at least 10 other guilds. 
    So, secret? No. Recently released? No again. 

The only players that don’ Care about this were those who use airplane mode. And again, those are the players that don’t care about this update. They will continue using their system. 
    The only players that don’ Care about this were those who use airplane mode. And again, those are the players that don’t care about this update. They will continue using their system. 

Fail. I never used airplane mode, and never will. Beside that I don´t know anyway, what the airplane mode is all about.
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 228
    I stopped crafting with pattern because even when i can control bonus trait i can end up with 18+4 retaliate DR which isn't good for me anymore.
    Happened twice in row that i do all the jumping from pattern to pattern, go through full cycle only for few "great spots" to use my legendary comps only to end up with low numbers.

I am at the point that i only need few perfect badges to make my sets complete and i stopped crafting because chances to get what i need on right spot, good bonus trait and good value are small and i can't be bothered. 

I will wait for update to continue crafting. Why? 
    Nothing in this game is random, i refuse to believe that. Even those set/positions are probably fixed, have some pattern but it's larger and hard to recognise. 

Fluxxx, or anyone from NG won't simply come here and tell you exactly what you need to do, how to craft more efficiently and to spend less money on this game. We also thought current crafting is all random. Then YEARS after badges are introduced, HALLELUJAH , there is pattern ! 
    So, don't tell me now won't be the same.
    I see this update great for majority of players who just want to have simple receipt to get what they want. 
    For us who need few % more to upgrade our perfect sets won't be easy but it isn't much better now too. I look forward to discover new ways of crafting and how to make the best out of it. 

Of course, if i am wrong and this completely sucks like apparently most of you think it will - no worries. I look forward to riot here with you  :D
    Shezza10SuperheroaquilaRickMSA
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 199
    Karajoca said:
    I stopped crafting with pattern because even when i can control bonus trait i can end up with 18+4 retaliate DR which isn't good for me anymore.
    Happened twice in row that i do all the jumping from pattern to pattern, go through full cycle only for few "great spots" to use my legendary comps only to end up with low numbers.

I am at the point that i only need few perfect badges to make my sets complete and i stopped crafting because chances to get what i need on right spot, good bonus trait and good value are small and i can't be bothered. 

I will wait for update to continue crafting. Why? 
    Nothing in this game is random, i refuse to believe that. Even those set/positions are probably fixed, have some pattern but it's larger and hard to recognise. 

Fluxxx, or anyone from NG won't simply come here and tell you exactly what you need to do, how to craft more efficiently and to spend less money on this game. We also thought current crafting is all random. Then YEARS after badges are introduced, HALLELUJAH , there is pattern ! 
    So, don't tell me now won't be the same.
    I see this update great for majority of players who just want to have simple receipt to get what they want. 
    For us who need few % more to upgrade our perfect sets won't be easy but it isn't much better now too. I look forward to discover new ways of crafting and how to make the best out of it. 

Of course, if i am wrong and this completely sucks like apparently most of you think it will - no worries. I look forward to riot here with you  :D
    Nothing in this game is random??? Seriously?

I don't know what game you have been playing but it certainly isn't NML.  :D
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,111
    Karajoca said:

I'm telling you, 
    Craftsman 3 with potential of 2-3% higher badges problem solved.

Hopefully @Fluxxx coming soon to an update near you!

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    ghost_pepperBigGunner
    Not speaking of playing missions @Mario_Romero but everything outside of it
    I mean... , someone show you there is pattern for badges and you still believe all is random ? That is exactly the proof how this game works and that behind everything there is a "pattern" - radio calls, gear drop, traits on gear....etc. For EVERYTHING

Now, why we don't know about it ? Because someone need to sweat ass, to write down, to discover. And of course because "cycles" are not 38 but way,way larger. Patterns we know now are just a tiny piece of whole crafting world. If our discovery is too big NG would never let it run for this long time. In fact, i believe they make this update to really try to help us in a way that is still good for their business 

Anyway, i am tired of talking about it... Time will show if this change is good. 
    But all this discussion we have is because update notes are not shown, no details spoken, no real conversation with players. Instead of everyone being excited to update game next week, they are afraid of it. That's what you get when you keep secrets...
    SuperheroTCBRITORickMSABigGunner
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    @Karajoca it was actually giving us a sneak peek that caused the issue, not the keeping secrets. Looking at this thread then NG might decide to not do that anymore and just to give us the update notes when they are ready and be done with it. Personally I like the sneak peaks, but If people are going to fly off the handle at them then maybe it’s best they don’t. Then people could complain about not being given enough time to prepare for the update in anyway they feel fits.  
    Other than that, I completely agree with you. Enough talking time to just wait and see now. 
    SuperheroWellyLugaShezza10BigGunner
    Superhero said:

Fail. I never used airplane mode, and never will. Beside that I don´t know anyway, what the airplane mode is all about.
    Wasn’t talking about you. I don’t know who you are. I was talking about people that try to manta in a control about the badges generated. 
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382

I´m aware of the system for not longer then a year now. This isn´t about laziness. It was about non sharing. 
    I just want to correct this. The information was kept secret for a very short time. 
    Agree. I discovered the 1/6DR cycles in the JayZ ‘s Guide. I translated this into Spanish and shared within the post. In the same place there was a reference to Magic’s Discord with more information. I found the monopoly map, translated and shared again. 
    I want you to know that i shared your spanish translation 6 different times. Thank you for that!

I want to address the secrecy comment. False!

Every bit of info discovered about the cycles and more specifically the jump locations each badge has was shared openly as it was discovered during the first half of this year. I watched that happen. I don't know about the earliest forrays into the unknown at the end of last year but i don't think there was even much of an audience for it at the time.

Every single question from every single visitor in the #badges channel was answered. No matter how clueless someone was, that person was helped by whoever was available at the time. That beautiful alchemy of knowledge and help is why the channel grew with volunteers and the entire map was discovered. There was no shadowy dark junta cabal leading an effort to upend this game. Put away the tin foil hats and hold NG accountable so that THEY don't upend this game, even accidentally. 

Grady has now mentioned twice how the presumed math does not favor players in this new system. No, quite the opposit. Is NG listening?
    marroba2000
  • IgorGGTIgorGGT Member Posts: 51
    simple, implement some more things when creating the badges, we can choose if we want with class condition, trait condition or no bonus condition, but with a 60% of chance to come what you chose so people wouldn't have badges with no bonus condition every time, and maybe the option between odd or even. i think it wouldn't be OP and it would help the end gamers, midgamers like me, prefer badges with condition, because when we craft a 4* with no bonus we get like 14% damage, and with a bonus condition we get a badge with 13% +3% of the bonus which is clearly better. i think that would be great to end gamers and to mid gamers
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,111
    Maybe they could add in some special spices we can look for?

A little paprika and increases chances of Carol hero bonus

A little pickle juice increase chances of Eugene bonus

Some eye of newt increases chance of fudge bonus

Etc etc

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 268
    NG has a plan to turn the new badge crafting system into a money maker somehow.  Perhaps not immediately, but at some point they will further monetize badge crafting.

Perhaps their plan is to add hard to find elements that craft unique badges with special recipes.

Every update adds more to the chase for end-gamers.  Without the regular additions to the chase, end-gamers get bored.  And without the chase, NG cannot monetize the game.

The first most sought after unicorns were highest level survivors and equipment. Then heroes were added.  Next came badges.  Followed by grenades and medkits.  When the whales get to the point that they have it all, something new must be added to the chase.
    BigGunner
    I want you to know that i shared your spanish translation 6 different times. Thank you for that!

Glad to read this. Two weeks ago a single guild was included into Olympus Guilds. His leader shared his treasures and show me the translated monopoly that I was attached in the Badges Channel. 🤷🏻‍♂️😀
    ghost_pepper
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    I've been talking to three types of crafters all week since the bomb dropped. Crafters who have never jumped or only ever stumbled blindly from A to B when someone held their hand to help. They don't want to jump. I've also talked to crafters who knew as much or more than me about the map and who have their thoughts about what's going to happen.

The third group has an understanding of how to jump and wants to try to get some good badges before they maybe can't anymore. Or before the chances drop significantly in a poorly executed "fix". This third group wants some help deciphering the badge map. 

I quickly marked up the map grady released with optimum gold badge locations, suggested gold badge locations, locations to use blue when jumping, and optimum movements to be aware of for Steps and Jumps so you know where to go next. It's not perfect but it's reasonably good. 

If it will help you or someone in your guild, please take the time to share it as widely as possible while there is still time to craft.

Paste
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 662
    Ok so the update notes are out, but to be honest, they are not very helpful at all.

There is no mention about what everyone was waiting for: is the bonus condition totally random or not? It’s cleverly left out from this sentence 

“Badge position, shape, and min-max values are still going to be randomized, only the effect can be controlled”
    I also expected a table of Rick’s hero trait values by level.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    KarajocaGradyPaste
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 519
    Fluxx just posted the update notes, so I guess I was wrong. This doesn't change anything in terms of the badge system though. If you have components saved up and know the badge system, then you definitely want to use them before the update.
    jimmorrison369Crocodileghost_pepper
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    Only two resets needed to get the 3000 campaign tokens but you cannot miss a daily or tradeshop. I think that’s a nice balance. Trouble is I always miss a daily! 😳
    marroba2000Danski_46jimmorrison369Paste
    Paste said:
    Fluxx just posted the update notes, so I guess I was wrong. This doesn't change anything in terms of the badge system though. If you have components saved up and know the badge system, then you definitely want to use them before the update.
    Yeah, well, you are probably right, and i'll drop it. Whoever think they profit from current system should use it while possible.

I still think, this is exactly what they wanted - confusion, afraid of changes, then fast spend all hoarded components so you can't use them after update - while it will be way better to craft after and you will then need to buy new components. 

We here jump into conclusions so fast, and always take the worst possibility into account. Many of you claimed here how T-Dog give  punish to warriors and scout and for himself(and bruisers who has punish) just adds damage on it. While now we see that his trait actually comes after punish, as totally new hit, increasing chance to stun, making him way more useful then some of you thought. 

I have no proofs of course, that same will happen with badge crafting, but it's the fact that all claiming how it will suck is conclusion based on ... well, probably just disappointments and bad experience from past updates. 
    jimmorrison369BigGunner
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    Karajoca said:
    We here jump into conclusions so fast, and always take the worst possibility into account. Many of you claimed here how T-Dog give  punish to warriors and scout and for himself(and bruisers who has punish) just adds damage on it. While now we see that his trait actually comes after punish, as totally new hit, increasing chance to stun, making him way more useful then some of you thought. 
    Well actually,
    in the sneak-preview. It was said that Beat-em-up would STACK with punish.

That literally would mean it would only add damage to punish.
    I don't know if it was poor word choice, or they made a last minute change.
    There was no Jumping to conclusions. 

About the badges. For those who know how to use the predictable badge system.
    CRAFT NOW! It was fun while it lasted, but be honest. I don't think it was ever intended to be figured out like this.
    All badges you could craft was PROFIT.