Update 3.9 Discussion Thread

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,475
    edited July 18
    Agreed, I am one of said people who said it would add damage and it's for that exact reason. It was basically worded the same as Ezekiel's retaliate LT so it wasn't a jump to assume they would function the same. So the damage from punish and beat em up add together and it's two attacks at the end with increased damage above 100%?

Does make him an interesting option though. I can't see myself using him in leader spot since spear/DT wielders won't attack from distance but I might not be so quick to roll his strong trait. I think I'll roll IS hoping for punish and see how he works like that.
  • zaradinzaradin Member Posts: 3
    I wish they had included in the update something of a Guild War Elder who is separate from the regular Elder. This person would have the ability to remove or move people from rosters. We have had cases in the past where someone had signed up but had to go away for a few days or didn't see a message and we were unable to remove them which left is at a frustrating disadvantage even before we started to play. 
    marroba2000
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 598
    ok guys, I'm and my team reserved first day of war3 fo testing AI, don't sign up team of 3 people on first day :D:D
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    PasteShadowWalker
    edited July 18

These two screenshots were taken from the 2.7 patch notes where badges were first introduced into the game. Notice how it says that when you craft a badge it gives you 'randomly' chosen type, bonus condition and set. We know that now, this is all total bullshit as every badge is pre-determined and there is a sequence to getting the ones you want. 

People continue to be banned for network exploits despite NGs best efforts so there must be a way around it so I doubt anything in this game is truly random to counter that. If it turns out to be true then I guess I'll believe that when I see it. I used to think that after a mission if I picked the 'right' boxes I might get the gold crates until this was proven to be pre-determined. I'm a gambling man so for me it will be fun to be able to craft a badge, know that it will be the type I want but I might get lucky with a sweet bonus or it might be crap, so be it.
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 179
    Do we even know if the new system has ANY bonus conditions? Maybe they are all no bonus with the higher base values.
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 528
    If its going to be a 1 in 4 chance to craft the Legendary badge that you desire , will NG make legendary fragments & component easier to obtain and cheaper to buy  
    Wild Walking 1
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 519
    It's 25% chance per legendary component @Reeconn 4 * 25 = 100
    Reeconn
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 27
    edited July 18
    I came to this thread to read about the 3.9 update, and it's 5 pages about badges... The big question I thought would be on everyone's lips is, does Shane's explosive rounds damage his own team mates when the walker explodes? If Revenge is a trait of his, surely this can only spell pain for his fellow comrades in arms?

I've re read the description, and it does say adjacent enemies... So I guess it's ok. 
    zaradin
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,044
    @BenKeeley I think it will be the same as if a goo explodes when a teammate is in the blast zone, best to keep out of the way. 
    edited July 18
    @BenKeeley The changes to the badge crafting is probably the most contentious part of the update. Nearly every update comes with new heroes, weapons and a seasonal campaign. So the shock change to badges has got people talking. 

As for your question about Shane, NG has changed things so that the RPG/grenades don't damage your teammates so I hoping his trait won't have friendly fire either. The description does say damage to 'adjacent enemies' with no warning about teammates. As @Danski_46 says about goo walkers they will still affect you. Grenade walkers and barrels too.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    I still think it’s a better badge system for 90% of the player base. 
    I have to admit I’m confused why they would limit the 100% chance of the effect you want when doing lower rarities though. Feel that was unneeded. 
    jimmorrison369PasteKarajocapsychwolfADPaq
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 332
    Also regarding Shane's exploding bullets: the damage to adjacent enemies - is it a percentage of the walker's initial total health or is it total remaining health? Cause blowing up a walker that has only 5hp remaining may not be so cool.

Otherwise, very happy with the rest of the update.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    @jrodrf2 it’s total health. Hope you can kill that fatty when it’s surrounded by walkers. 

My question is will it work like exploders? As in say there is normal walker in front of a fatty. Both on low health. You shoot through the walker and hit both. Does the first walker explode and kill the fatty, so that the fatty doesn’t explode as you didn’t kill it? Going to make using anything but the harpoon really hard make his trait effective. 
  • grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 47

AI enemy in GW? I'm really curious how that would work.
    Toss of a coin decided that you will loose no mather what or the oposite?

• marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 148
    Johnny_B said:

Hi all, most of you will have seen my Stardust challenge/Cartoon Fluxxx/Invincible Fluxxx video. I've just finished my latest video with everything you need to know about the Origins summer campaign, the buckshot shotgun and Rick's old bestie Shane Walsh! I will be uploading my T-Dog video tomorrow, Pizza Guy Glenn and Sheriff Rick vid on Monday and Badge crafting and GWB on Tuesday. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!
    Mil gracias Johnny pero creo recordar que habías prometido subtítulos en español. No puedo mostrar esto en mi clan. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 201
    Firekid said:
    @magic not sure where the level 2 craftsman come into it but I can assure you there are 1000’s or endgame players who also haven’t had a chance to craft the badges we have because they haven’t been on the forum/discord and not in a big guild family. Even then someone in my guild tried to jump 4 times and gave up. 
    As I said earlier, those who know the badge maps lose out a bit. New players and those who didn’t know the badges win massively. A DR badge with a rubbish condition is still better than using all legendary components and getting a CC badge. 

I am L74 and have been player since three months after the first release. I just figured out how to replace existing badges on Survivors that actually improved their performance three weeks ago. I usually just replaced two star with three star and done. Being kinda slow on the badge crafting I finally noticed there is more too it than just how many stars a badge has. :=)
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    While only 2 distance reset is required for getting all rewards in the new campaign, the 3150 maximum leaves no room for error. If you miss out just one shop purchase or one daily quest, you would need to reset an extra distance or end up with 2975 tokens. It would be nice if 50 extra tokens can come in a free bundle.
    Crocodile
  • Johnny_BJohnny_B Content Creator Posts: 140
    Hi NML fans,

here are the links to my first 2 videos on the 3.9 update. Remember to check in tomorrow to find out all the amazing stuff Ive discovered about Sheriff Rick and Pizza Guy Glenn!

Adamski316SlizeDanski_46cyclon98BenKeeley
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Paste said: I'm sick of some of the negativity on this forum too, but I think we're mostly having a healthy conversation here.
    In an effort not to clog the forum up with dozens of "this new crafting system sucks" posts, i will restrict myself to good humored memes. So there won't be any pontificating. No posts of TL'DR. Less toxic venom. I can still express my feelings but in a more light hearted way. Hopefully others will enjoy them. If not, haha too bad, just skip them.
    cyclon98Paste
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 919
    BenKeeley said:
    does Shane's explosive rounds damage his own team mates when the walker explodes? If Revenge is a trait of his, surely this can only spell pain for his fellow comrades in arms?
    I've added this to the notes as well: the explosions do not generate threat nor deal friendly fire damage.

Gothgul said:
    Do we even know if the new system has ANY bonus conditions? Maybe they are all no bonus with the higher base values.
    Bonus conditions are still there, the only change to the badges themselves is the removal of flat-rate badges.
    BenKeeley
  • grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 47
    @Fluxxx
    I think that most of people would like to have this simplification of badge crafting using the recipies.
    But there are a lot of concerns about lost value of @Grady lead research.

But if NG would expend the receipt system by adding also a bonus option to be known then the most of us would be happy again.
    There would be a small downside for endgame players knowing the layouts completly but the mid and etry level players would love it.

And beside the badge system.
    AI in GW? Can you share more details? How the AI enemy scores during GW? Is that a copycat of my team? How it decides on enemy score? How it decides which sectors to do? Does it play continiously throughout the day or you can see AI score just at the beggining?
    Pastem4s
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 27

BenKeeley said:
    does Shane's explosive rounds damage his own team mates when the walker explodes? If Revenge is a trait of his, surely this can only spell pain for his fellow comrades in arms?

I've added this to the notes as well: the explosions do not generate threat nor deal friendly fire damage
    Thanks @Fluxxx

I see you added the notes, but you've added them to T-Dog's notes in the Announcement, not Shane's. 
    Fluxxx
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 121
    When will the patch be out?
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 937
    ladre5 said:
    When will the patch be out?
    Most likely tomorrow.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 121
    Thx bill
    Billbam
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,111
    @Fluxxx Shane's buckshot charge attack functions like Reckonin and pickle jar for targeting correct?

As in, you must Target an enemy, unlike Decimator where you can Target a square?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"