3.9.0.199 does't install on Android 4.4.2

androidwdandroidwd Member Posts: 6
I had a previous working version of WD. The new version 3.9.0.199 would not install over the previous version and after previous version is removed 1st. Any ideas?

Comments

• androidwdandroidwd Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2020
    I have Pipo P9 tablet with 2GB RAM an 32 GB on internal sdcard. Currently available memory 821 MB for installation left. When I tried to install on Play Market it stopped asking me to free space without any indication how much. I deleted a couple programs and no progress. Nothing left to delete. I tried to download apk and obb files. Akp would not install. I do everything right. Your early suggestion doesn't help.
    Just for the record...
    I was able to reinstall the previous version 3.8.2.167
    There is a problem with update 3.9.0.199
    So I use WD update files, obb files are placed on internal sd card except for app itself: failed.
    While I have obb files from update in android/obb... I install only apk file of 3.8.2.167 version.
    Then I go to play market and it shows to download 170 MB. It downloads and installs but at the end it says there was a mistake during installation on sd card. 
    There was no such mistake during previous version installation.
    They shoud do more testing before any update release.
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 202
    Every time I have had to install or reinstall NML I have had to unmount the SD card. I found this tip on another site.
    Samsung Tab 4 with 4.4.2.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,111
    @Carl_s_Hat

thats the 2nd tip 

I get an error message and cannot download/update the game!

When you’re trying to download or update the game in Google Play Store, you might be prompted with an error message. There is also a current problem in Google Play Store that says your "Device is not compatible" with the game, even if your device supports the application.To clear these problems, please try the following: 

Clear Apps Cache
    1. Go to Settings > Apps > All 
    2. Select Play Store > Clear Cache & Data
    3. Select the game > Clear Cache and Data
    4. Try downloading the game again
    Unmount SD Card (if applicable)
    1. Go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card
    2. Try downloading the game again
    3. Re-Mount SD Card by Navigating to Settings > Storage > Re-mount SD Card
    Reinstall Google Play Store 
    2. Select Google Play Store > Uninstall Updates
    3. Try downloading the game again
    Every time I have had to install or reinstall NML I have had to unmount the SD card. I found this tip on another site.
    Samsung Tab 4 with 4.4.2.
    I have internal sd card which is a part of tablet. In the past I linked apps and their part to external sd card but in time system has failed and apps were lost.
    zbot said:
    @Carl_s_Hat

thats the 2nd tip 

I get an error message and cannot download/update the game!

When you’re trying to download or update the game in Google Play Store, you might be prompted with an error message. There is also a current problem in Google Play Store that says your "Device is not compatible" with the game, even if your device supports the application.To clear these problems, please try the following: 

Clear Apps Cache
    2. Select Play Store > Clear Cache & Data
    3. Select the game > Clear Cache and Data
    4. Try downloading the game again
    Unmount SD Card (if applicable)
    1. Go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card
    2. Try downloading the game again
    3. Re-Mount SD Card by Navigating to Settings > Storage > Re-mount SD Card
    Reinstall Google Play Store 
    2. Select Google Play Store > Uninstall Updates
    3. Try downloading the game again
    There is another way to instal apps, not through play market. Those apps snd obbs could downloaded from trusted sources. It allows old tablets with low dystem memory to install apps.But in my case none of the approaches for this update have worked. It is clearly the issue with update apk as it could not be installed on Android 4.4.2