PIERCING vs RAZOR - discussion

@Fluxxx @Vane

Can you answer the simple question?

Why is there still a disparity between Razor and Piercing?

I know it's been suggested to bring up the % of piercing but so far so we've gotten is Alpha. Hardly adequate.

if you guys are hesitant to make this change I'm curious about the reason. Thank you 😊

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Takes time and effort duh! 
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZZURICH
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 160
    Piercing should be at 45% and razor shouldn’t even exist as it was a game balance fix (i.e. all melee should have razor). Give us 3 traits on melee weapons not 2 traits and razor which it is now.
    dalmer
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,167
    What if...

Everything stays like it is now, in regard to piercing and razor, BUT they permanently doubled all range attack damage?

Is that a good idea?
    Bad idea?
    Pros and cons?

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    Adamski316
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,006
    edited July 2020
    I mean doubled is a bit excessive. My top shooters have 16-17k damage so would bump them to 30k+? My Alpha/Sasha would have 26k damage. I think that would be a little overpowered, they would basically walk through some maps.

I think the issues with razor and piercing came down to two decisions made by NG. They implemented razor to bring melee up to scratch but instead of matching piercing at 30% they bumped it to 45%. It is a huge difference. Then they tried to restore balance so instead of bumping piercing/nerfing razor they decided to introduce a new hero who gave that bump. So ranged have to give up an amazing LT like Rick/Glenn/Daryl etc just to have the same non-body shot chances that melee does with one weapon trait. Alpha's movement after a body shot is nice but let's be honest, it doesn't come close to some of the melee LTs.

Piercing should have been bumped to 20/30/40. Alpha should have been given a different LT that actually gives them a chance at high level. They can't do this now as many people have invested radios into Alpha so if they took that away it would annoy part of the player base. Bumping piercing now would mean that non-body shot chances would be huge when paired with Alpha. I think in order to get the balance right Alpha would need a really strong trait rework and piercing bumped.
    Burmeliinis
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Even with Piercing bumped, I don’t think it makes ranged unbalanced. Scouts still deal more damage than any other class, and only Shooters can avoid generating threats. If anything, it’ll make mixed-class builds a but more viable, introducing more varied teams. Seems like a win-win!
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    3vilrineATLAS-Z
  • they should add Silent Trait for range classes similar to weapon trait
    dalmer
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Y’all can run Daryl lead his leader trait is silence. Gosh you cry babies 🤣
    MaD VapoRShadowWalkerATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,167
    I was part of the Beta test for Rick/Daryl/RGG

I remember thinking are you freaking serious??

I think many of us gave feedback that they were a bit overpowered. More than a bit.

But I think you guys are right I think it's too late to go back we can only go forward. Hopefully in threads like this we can provide constructive feedback and next games will take note?

@Fluxxx that is my Hope anyway.

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 982
    Well T-Dog is not actually available yet so not too late to make changes? Please NG?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    PasteVov
  • VovVov Member Posts: 84
    Yes, just please do not create an OG who is likely to be left in the dust waiting for changes.

I seriously wonder how LONG does it take create an Hero with Punish as an LT. Are you out of your mind?
    WellyLugaGrady
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 29
    Rick, Daryl and RGG are great additions to the game. I think Shane will be too, and potentially T-Dog (only if he gets an upgrade to how Fluxx originally described his trait as stacking additively with Punish, and an extra attack). 

The game does currently favour melee at high RSL because of both Razor and some amazing LT's. But there are still uses for Sasha and Alpha, and I'm sure we all run a mix of offensively and defensively badged Assaults, led by Sasha for some high RSL missions. 

I've got to agree Shooters seem to me to be the neglected class.

Perhaps adding a % chance for an instant kill headshot might be worth exploring as a shooter hero leader trait or class specific trait?