LEADER TRAIT vs "HERO" TRAIT -

What if not every hero had a leader trait?

Split up Heroes special trait into two categories:

Leader trait
- applies to the hero 
- applies to the heroes team if he is in the leader slot

Hero trait
- applies to the hero and his team regardless of what slot he is in

Let's face it some hero traits are overpowered compared to others and it makes sense that these traits should be designated only to the team if the character is in the leader slot.

TDogs for example could have a hero trait instead of a leader trait allowing his punished buff to benefit his teammates even if he's not in the leader slot.

just generating another conversation here tell me what you think?

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
s7eyeW8BenKeeleyHellnight

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Then several dead heros would become decent. Daryl for example. Some maps with 2 hunters and silence? 

King? Similar to punish but as an offensive 
    jerry? 
    I mean it’s interesting but might take too much work to actually do
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    You're probably right.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    How about LT applies to team, 2nd spots LT applies only to self and 3rd position, and 3rd only to self. Any combos where this would be game breaking? 
    cyclon98marroba2000ShadowWalker
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 742
    This is forward thinking and i love it. It brings a whole new way to balance the game into conversation.
    ATLAS-Z
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 29
    Really like this idea, so essentially some heroes would always have an active leader trait even if they're not in the #1 leader slot. 
    ATLAS-Z
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2020
    I suppose this is a quicker solution than coming up with new LT or buffing LT for old heroes to try and make them viable at higher levels. It's the final nail in the coffin for normal survivors though, granted most people probably buried them along time ago...

I also like this idea way better than the suggestion to be able to reroll LT, like getting Tara's on a bruiser. The whole point of LT is so they have a unique skill.
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    I'm hoping the "co-leader" role teased at the end of the sneak peak for the Defenders update is something along these lines... could add a lot of new tactics and interesting team combos.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 498
    Gothgul said:
    I'm hoping the "co-leader" role teased at the end of the sneak peak for the Defenders update is something along these lines... could add a lot of new tactics and interesting team combos.
    I'm betting that means co-leaders of a guild, so that a guild isn't 'stuck' when a recalcitrant leader buggers off and quits the game without abdicating. It's a problem for some guilds, especially if no one can afford to make a replacement guild.
    3vilrineATLAS-Z