Token dilution

zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 89
Every time we add characters in the game, if token distribution is random, then the pool we draw from becomes more diluted. Since I started playing about 2 1/2 years ago it has appeared to be diluted by 50% or greater with new heroes. (I dont remember exactly who was available at the start.) 
    This slows the rate at where ESPECIALLY new players can be and feel useful to their guild. It also slows down experienced players in trying to expand a roster of useful situational heroes.
     Maybe this has been addressed with challenge crates, dailies and guild wars but it doesnt seem balanced. 
     I would love to hear the official take on this, @fluxxx as well as the community take as I believe this results in a higher churn rate of new players than necessary.
Deathwish19psychwolfLismore

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 983
    Thus one reason for the 2X token rolls, at this point all token pulls should be bumped up to 2X not just the special ones
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

zombieornottobeShadowWalker8900rpmLoneWanderer360
  • zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 89
    Billbam said:
    Thus one reason for the 2X token rolls, at this point all token pulls should be bumped up to 2X not just the special ones

Yep, for sure some things have helped and I've slept a few times since I started. However the fault that I would find with the 2x roll being the balance measure is now you're waiting weeks on a hero to get what you would have gotten anyways a couple years back, making 2x nothing special as it is promoted. Also only the calls have been doubled. Or is my thinking flawed? (Its been known to happen)

• IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 223
    Hey, Z! Yes, I started just before they introduced Carl and Michonne, and it was already at a point where newbies just had to accumulate as many hero tokens as possible and hope to unlock someone useful. They set it up as a game of chance, with the odds stacking increasingly against our favor. More tokens overall seem to be the only solution, unless a token exchange can be set up (3 hero tokens exchanged for 1 of your choosing). Suddenly Jerry tokens would be useful for something!
    zombieornottobe
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,583
    I just started a baby account and there is no chance in hell of it ever being max level lol. I’ll use the radios that I’ll get from seasons to call heros I need. I’ll probably stick clear of the 25 specific call and stick to 2x daily to isolate the team I need the most. 
    zombieornottobe
    IcePeter  Suddenly Jerry tokens would be useful for something!

We would have said the same about Eugene some time back. If Jerry gets a rework, then we've all lost a lot of ground.

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,430
    Tweaks have to be made and NG can't be greedy.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    zombieornottobeTCBRITO
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 27
    edited July 31
    I'd say this is only an issue if you're a really hardcore player, and let's face it, to be the best at any free-to-play / pay-to-win game always takes lots of effort and/or resources. 

Drawing from my own experience, I mostly rely on free to play, only sometimes buying some special weapon or radios if there is a particularly good deal. 

Most of my favourite heroes are two or three pink by now, I've been playing a couple of years. Some are just legendary. I still am able to score over 2k each challenge, and over 500 in guild wars. That's enough for me. 

I don't feel I've had to invest too much time or money in the game. So I don't think it would be too difficult for new, dedicated players to reach similar "decent" levels. 

If there was one small tweak, it would be just to make radios more frequent or more plentiful in the crates but heck, that's playing with NG's currency right?!

Edit: There could also be a shake up of the tokens earned in the Challenge and in the Distance. Put some of the new heroes in there!
    VovzombieornottobeDeathwish19
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    I don't think token dilution is a problem anymore. You have the daily 2x call so you can just call when it's the one you want. The 25 radio alt call is great for bringing up the heavy hitting new heroes - SRick, HDaryl, RGG, Beta and Alpha. After that it's just Sasha, Morgan and Eugene but like I said you can just wait for their dedicated calls.

I have heroes I don't even use at 6* and above despite never making a call. In enough time you earn their tokens from the distance without trying. Token dilution was only a problem when we only had the regular gold call and that was the only place you could get hero tokens bar the old 10 radio call.
    jrodrf2zombieornottobexbamfxbrucewayne007
    WellyLuga said:
    I don't think token dilution is a problem anymore. You have the daily 2x call so you can just call when it's the one you want. 

If everyone is happy with that then so be it, however I still maintain that the 2x call is only one facet, albeit a big one.

• ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    The only way for a newer player like me (hitting 74 maybe next month) to "catch up" on the critical heros is to wait for the handful of calls a year that are best and dump huge quantities of radios then and only then.

The 40 radio, keep all 3, with rerolls, offer the highest token-per-radio ratio out of all calls. But i don't do them when they offer chance at a dookey hero.
    zombieornottobeDeathwish19LoneWanderer360
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,605
    You can leave eugune in there though.. 
    zombieornottobe
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,312
    Next Eugene call 👀 I can’t wait 
    zombieornottobe
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    I was into token dilution way before it was cool.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

ShadowWalker