LakeSide

2»

Comments

• DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 150
    Tu as tous dit @JayZ ce que NG veut nous faire passer comme message c'est "De mettre RGG à fond" parce que plus tu as des étoiles rose plus tu as de la chance de commencer chargé, et ça fait un moment que les défis ce passe de cette façon, il y a 0 stratégie! Et comme tu dit, il sufit de recommencer si nous avons pas un bon début de partie.

En tout cas, le jeu donne de moins en moins envie!
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    edited August 2020
    Firekid said:
    Watch any level 45+ video and there will be a point where you can say if that bruiser didn’t stun that walker or eugune dodging a hit it would be game over. Yes you need skills to get to the point that that is all that is required but don’t see how this map set is much different to those. 
    But there’s a difference between maps like these ones below which require careful thought and movement:

https://youtu.be/egYfUwVjdRM

https://youtu.be/E89_drqw5wY

And maps like this, which is just a survive and pray mentality, hope walkers move in a way that is convenient:

https://youtu.be/SOpXbhDwbEg

https://youtu.be/Nc7SjADy-kA

Why can’t more maps be designed like the former?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    PigBenisStalker20Firekid
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    I'm rather enjoying this challenge. The bleeding is definitely not optimal, especially since you can't get far enough away to heal without incurring another hit from the fast walker...

But everyone complaining about how much luck/chance plays a role in the challenge is really downplaying or outright ignoring the fact that NG removed a HUGE chance based issue - the dodging capabilities of the fast walkers. Now it's possible to actually strategize who you're going to hit and not worry that your hit will go unrewarded.

I agree with Fluxxx on his points, some challenges are harder than others. Your results will likely end up being relative to a usual week: you'll score less, but so will everyone else. Try to enjoy something different and more challenging!
    3vilrinepsychwolfBurmeliinisShadowWalkerLe_MatRiotZappa
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,153
    Fluxxx said:
    Every now and then, there will be a challenge that will be tougher or require you to play differently. 
    How would you suggest i play this challenge series? Any thoughts or strategies to share? I'm not finding any.

I remember having fun with Pile of Fire, the timing and moving of the heros. It's not fun now. 
    psychwolfMacVRiotZappa
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @nadecir there was once a time when a company let’s call NG nerfed bundles. They decreased the radios and gold, but told you it was okay cause they gave more TGs. 

This was also a time they revamped Challenge rewards for guilds and individuals. 
    Some called me crazy but I threw a fit and said it would impact bottom $€£ and well eventually bundles became much better.

Point is companies burn themselves many times. Amazon is a prime example after trying to charge me 75 bucks for the toilet paper I normally buy I will not be renewing my membership especially when Walmart has all the same stuff cheaper now.

nadecirpsychwolfStalker20
  • RouvinatorRouvinator Member Posts: 109
    Drunken said:

Point is companies burn themselves many times. Amazon is a prime example after trying to charge me 75 bucks for the toilet paper I normally buy I will not be renewing my membership especially when Walmart has all the same stuff cheaper now.

Is your TP made out of Gold? Literally Expensive shit xD
    FirekidShadowWalkerNerfZone187
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Cronus do you need a drunk hug? 

I stated how we feel about map set and the change and I got a spanking so I’m taking it to heart and giving out hugs. Cause it isn’t changing and given the last two maps NG has saved me over 200. So I’m Def giving out free hugs in thankfulness 
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,432
    Drunken said:
    @Cronus do you need a drunk hug? 

I stated how we feel about map set and the change and I got a spanking so I’m taking it to heart and giving out hugs. Cause it isn’t changing and given the last two maps NG has saved me over 200. So I’m Def giving out free hugs in thankfulness 
    I'd take the drunk hug any day over the kick to the hoden this change represents. I mean The Garden seems mostly impossible to avoid a fast walker and top to bottom at the gate is only 6 spaces. Somebody's taking a hit. Sure feels like my ability to stun a fast walker equates to them having stun resist armor.
    DrunkenMacVRiotZappa
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 139
    Fluxxx said:
    The preference is always for easier challenges and the right bonuses that allow you to push as far as you can, and that make sense. But it seems that many have grown averse to any kind of difficulty in the challenge. Just a reminder, it's not supposed to be super easy. Every now and then, there will be a challenge that will be tougher or require you to play differently. 
    I'm agree with you @Fluxxx in some way but in that case I just ask you a question. Until what level the devs test the final version of the walker ?
    Just an idea : why not change for a % chance of bleed instead of a sure one ? Systematically bleed is a peace of.... cake (hum).
    Imagine only that for beginning: hit + bleed + past turn/bleed again...
    Just to say, "you know the game, babe"
    cotodoso
    may I arrive a bit late...
    Why chance of is a problem ?
    Right, lot of thing actually works like that... but a chance of is a chance of, isn't it ? Is that not better than a sure bleed ?
    JayZ said:
    Firekid said:
    I’m not sure which maps are like that at the moment though drunken? I can’t see many where a starting spawn will make a difference and the lucky dodge to win or a critical aim or getting charged up from hitting 2 walkers is always a thing on nearly every map on every mapset. 
    Fact of the matter is this set was far to easy so they made it harder, they did the same with boom barrel. 
    Lol, are you serious dude? Pile of Fire and The Garden are all about praying that you get lucky and your Bruisers can stun.

Also, last week was the definition of this spawn/luck-dependent.
    • Museum: Hope your Bruisers stun the humans.
    • Trailers: Hope you start charged and walkers are clumped nicely.
    • Next Door: Hope you start charged and you can quickly close the doors.
    • Main Gate: Hope the starting spawn is good. Hope your Bruisers survive.
    • Yard Work: Hope your Sasha charges quickly enough to root the fatty.
    • Green Thumb: Total lottery with the boxes.
    Contrast this with the Quarry Junction challenge a few weeks ago. For those maps, you have breathing room at the beginning. You could maneuver strategically to set yourself up. Only 1-2 of those maps involved fleeing, retrying, and hoping you were lucky. The majority of maps required patience and strategic execution.

Yes, some element of luck is necessary all the time. But it's boring AF when maps are all luck and no skill.
    And you now hope for a change (sorry it's nervous lol) validate !
  • PalliPalli Member Posts: 14
    Threat reduction doesnt work correct in the mission "Secret Stash" 
    Stalker20cotodosoghost_pepper
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    I respectfully disagree @Fluxxx

The constant "chance of" add-ons are everywhere in the game now and it sucks. This is supposed to be STRATEGY and not "Interactive Jackpot Machine".
       This stuff points out that the NML game designers don't understand this game well enough to make appropriate design decisions.

Case in point - every challenge map that has 3 boxes to close that are reachable from the starting area (like Green Thumb) is now just a slot machine pull.  Did the game designers consider this before adding the extra action to Glenn's trait?

I am beginning to think this game would be much better off if NG just open sourced it.  NG can still keep the money from in-game purchases.  Perhaps give the new designers and coders a small cut off the revenue, so they have an incentive to keep the game producing revenue.

The players themselves understand the game much better than the designers.  True for many games, but even more true in a complicated game like this one.
    Stalker20cotodosopsychwolfDrunken
  • danBLE40danBLE40 Member Posts: 6
    Muy mal @Fluxxx, se entiende la idea, pero así no... Como diría Hal (Malcolm) "es una buena idea, mal ejecutada"

Fail 👎🏻
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,153
    nadecir said:
    I respectfully disagree @Fluxxx

The constant "chance of" add-ons are everywhere in the game now and it sucks. This is supposed to be STRATEGY and not "Interactive Jackpot Machine".
       This stuff points out that the NML game designers don't understand this game well enough to make appropriate design decisions.

Case in point - every challenge map that has 3 boxes to close that are reachable from the starting area (like Green Thumb) is now just a slot machine pull.  Did the game designers consider this before adding the extra action to Glenn's trait?

I am beginning to think this game would be much better off if NG just open sourced it.  NG can still keep the money from in-game purchases.  Perhaps give the new designers and coders a small cut off the revenue, so they have an incentive to keep the game producing revenue.

The players themselves understand the game much better than the designers.  True for many games, but even more true in a complicated game like this one.
    I've made maps before for 2 games I've played. I would LOVE to design maps for the players in the Line chats who are so sure they can overcome any obstacle. Even if i simply did it with text and mspaint, I'm quite sure i could create interesting designs to engage and enthuse.