"Any available hero"???

On today's special call, it says that the chances of receiving any available hero is 100%
But I am only getting the old heroes. None of the newer ones (RG Glenn, HT Maggie, Beta, etc...)
Is everyone else seeing the same?
Troublemakerzombieornottobeghost_pepperRiotZappa

Comments

• PastePaste Member Posts: 573
    edited August 14
    It's a good question. Alt-heroes are not listed in any of the call drop rates except special calls with selected heroes, but I am pretty sure I have gotten them in the free calls even.
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    I thought "Any available hero" meant any hero available to you in the game. If it means only the heroes shown in the call rates table then I have wasted a LOT of radios/calls over the past year.
    EricCartmanShadowWalker
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 573
    Even if it included all heroes with an even weighted distribution it would be a terrible call. The're are just a handful of heroes that are worth investing radios on.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    @Grendel it is indeed any available hero from the table below. None of the alt\newer hero’s. It’s a terrible terrible call, but good bundles so buy the bundle and save the radios. 
    GrendelPaste
    I got the 200-radio pack to experiment with to see how the numbers work out. That's why I noticed the limited heroes this time and missed it the dozens (or hundreds) of times I apparently wasted radios on fake "Any Available Hero" calls.
    How good the call is depends a lot on what you are looking for. I am currently wanting: Morgan, Rufus, Eugene, Scout Rick, Scout Daryl, Beta. This is a pretty wide mix of heroes that I am trying to get to 9* or 10*. (RG Glenn isn't on the list because I just got him to 10* in the bruiser call.) If all heroes had been included, the triple-token payout may have made this a better call than the 15-radio hero-specific calls. That is what I was experimenting with when I started to wonder why only old heroes were showing up.
    But now that I know that "Any Available Hero" is a lie, I agree this is definitely a terrible call.
    EricCartman
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 33
    I'm waiting for months untill the Hero-Fest x4 comes but now i see this and 25 radios for 96 tokens isn't such a bad trade right? Im still thinking about spending 750 on this call event ...so what's everyone talking about, which heroes are unavailable?
    I'm waiting for months untill the Hero-Fest x4 comes but now i see this and 25 radios for 96 tokens isn't such a bad trade right? Im still thinking about spending 750 on this call event ...so what's everyone talking about, which heroes are unavailable?
    The only heroes available are the ones that are listed in the percentage tables.
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 33
    edited August 15
    I see, no Alpha, Beta (Shane&Tdog because they are new) and the Purples..

I'm only bothered by the purple ones, was there ever a Hero Fest WITH the purple ones? I might wait untill that will happen
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    No Aaron either
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 651
    Let's take some calls from the RNG request line....

How you like it Daddy?
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 173
    Today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ShadowWalker
    PigBenis said:
    Similar to how bundles labelled as "Best Value" are not the best value and "Unlocks Better Deal" do not unlock better deals. False advertisement.
    Don't forget the biggest falsehood of all:

"Badge types, positions, conditions, and effects are all equally likely to appear."
    TroublemakerShadowWalker
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    edited August 15
    I think this is just another example of very poor wording. It should say "x3 tokens for any pictured hero", implying we need to look at the picture. If the hero isn't pictured.. Well then no tokens.

Poor wording is all over this game from the LTs to the radio offers to the crafting descriptions. Typos are created and persist long after changes are implemented, invalidating the little help flavor text (gw is a good example). Whenever we see a slot machine effect, there is especially poor wording. Either the programmers are in charge of the text and continue to screw it up.. Or NG knowingly deceives the playerbase by design. I haven't been here long enough to determine which is true.

TroublemakerShadowWalkerKratos