Shooters - Fanning the single action Revolver

Maybe instead of a silent free shot one of these babies could unload the whole cylinder into one fatty

Operation empower shooters go! 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
Danski_46ShadowWalkerzombieornottobeRiotZappaDeathwish19Grendel

Comments

• MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 521
    If only John Dorie from FTWD was in this game.....
    ShadowWalkerDiElElSPC_TORRES
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 498
    John Dorie's LT would have to be the split shot. The targeted walker and the closest next to it both get crits.
    MudMoccasinDiElEl
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 147
    Introduce us the cowboy John Dorie @Fluxxx & his "San Antonio split" leader trait :wink:
    MudMoccasinzombieornottobeLoneWanderer360brucewayne007
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,238
    Well that's probably a dead end since it's Fear, but no reason some sweet shit like that can't make it into NML

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 947
    haha this is actually a really cool idea @ATLAS-Z . We'll have a chat about this at least.

In practice though, how do you imagine it working? Would it be something like unleashing 6 bullets in a single attack, but then taking a couple of turns to reload (like the RPG), or should it only apply to the charge attack, and otherwise you shoot single bullets as normal.
    TroublemakerRiotZappaDeathwish19MudMoccasin
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,430
    Fluxxx said:
    haha this is actually a really cool idea @ATLAS-Z . We'll have a chat about this at least.

In practice though, how do you imagine it working? Would it be something like unleashing 6 bullets in a single attack, but then taking a couple of turns to reload (like the RPG), or should it only apply to the charge attack, and otherwise you shoot single bullets as normal.
    Just please don't make it useless like the RPG. A rocket launcher that does not set fire? That does the same damage as a rifle? C'mon...
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Danski_46ShadowWalkerRiotZappa
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 27
    I'd like to see shooters remain true to their class and be single target though, the main thing they lack is stopping power against a single target. If I want to attack multiple targets I'm going to take a hunter or an assault.

What @PigBenis suggested sounds cool. Or perhaps a double shot that damaged the same target for charge damage twice similar to the chainsaw rather than what we have now with the single charge attack followed by a normal attack.
    FirekidLoneWanderer360
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 202
    I'd like to see a Bayonet for shooters but with its functionality reversed.

Shoots a single bullit on regular attacks, and gets a brain stab with scout damage on charge attacks that can hit up to 3 targets.

And only needs 2 charge points, or it will just end up on the shelve with the other bayonet.
    FirekidDeathwish19TCBRITO
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    Fluxxx said:

How about this:
    - The charge attack unleashes 6 bullets.
    - When you select a target for a charge attack, you use the hunter mode of target selection (a line) which allows you to select multiple targets.
    - The shots hit the first target until that target is destroyed, then shots hit the next target until it is destroyed, and so on. So, theoretically, the 6 shots could kill a line of 6 walkers.
    There should be no reload delays. To balance this, no automatic critical hit with the charged shot.
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalkerArtminiusPerla
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,238
    @Grendel nice idea there I like it as long as there's no body shots

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,602
    yeah, not guaranteed critical but it is guaranteed non bodyshot. Might actually have a use for those CC badges then. 
    It would be like follow through but in a straight line.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Follow through in a strait line for shooters with no body shot is brilliant. I also like that multiple versions of this special gun could prove useful. A version without piercing for use with sasha. Some with distance. Others with gold or silver lucky. 

This is definitely something to explore. If shooters are going to continue to be the dregs of the hero barrel because of math, give them really good LTs and really good weapons to make them not totally suck. I'm excited about this!
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,850
    Bring on double tap!!!!!!
    Firekid
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    We have unlimited bullets so i don't see wasted bullets as an issue. It might be nice if the bullets also did damage to walkers next to the path of fire, like how follow through works. Maybe that would be a different gun. I love the idea of shooters and hunters having access to stuns beyond the trait of Critical Aim. It would be nice to see them have "rubber bullets" for pistols and even a bean bag stun gun for hunters. Stuns are critical. Shooters and hunters need help. All of this is the right direction.
    Danski_46zombieornottobe
    I'd see it working just like follow through.