Should NG use resources they currently spend on episode missions on a different part of the game?

It has been made clear that there are finite resources that can be dedicated to No Man's Land. I'm curious whether players believe that Episode Missions are a good use of those resources.

Should NG use resources they currently spend on episode missions on a different part of the game? 34 votes

Yes. Use the resources elsewhere.
52%
Carl_s_HatGothgulTheCrabATLAS-ZRickMSAxbamfxFirekidskynet1987Danski_46RiotZappaLoneWanderer360Sg_DeathGrendel3vilrineXeRoTunezkinkobrucewayne007 18 votes
No. Continue to allocate resources to episode missions.
47%
TransmuteJunzeeblackeuchidclausLenezivaoliviaNezoTimyunDeathwish19tjhookrIcePeterSarge_ToonyPasteJordanYukiAngelspitForgotten 16 votes

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 638
    I think they probably have a deal with AMC/ TWD to promote each other or something like that, so it might not go away. I would just like a bit more thought to go into them. The last one I even remember being a little challenging was the Michonne one from a few seasons ago.
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    Use the current turn-based system, upgrade it with real-time PvP, incorporate map creation by players and start a new zombie apocalypse game without any licensing agreement with AMC. With that, NG will earn more money by taking 100% of the profit.
    Karajoca
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 223
    I’d have to know what I’m getting in return. I kinda like having something new each week with decent rewards that keeps the game tied to the show.
    Pasteghost_pepper
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    PigBenis said:
    Honestly haven't been impressed with any of the new episodes yet. Many of them are just so simple or altered versions of existing maps. This week's for instance...2 moves to the right with HD completes the map with 0 walkers killed. I don't believe much work went into creating these new episodes, so I doubt that there is potential to change much by halting production. At least we get some rewards for completing them. 

A Level 1 scout with 1* can complete this episode in 2 turns at the highest difficulty level.
    ghost_pepper
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 499
    Expand the story mode.
    brucewayne007XeRoghost_pepper
  • zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 89
    edited September 1
    I dont see where that much in resources are being used there. Not sure you could get a new feature or even an overhaul of the outpost in return.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,605
    I’d prefer it if they spent a bit more time on them, design them with challenge in mind so they can easily transfer the over and solve to issues in 1 go.
    IcePeterCarl_s_Hat
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    They should invest more time in things that have a repetition factor. The story/episode missions are playable once and that’s it. Whereas, for example, the "Dream Challenge" is still a thing and you haven’t heard of it for a while.
    Furthermore, you often see cool mechanics in the story/episode missions that you could gladly take over in the Challenge missions or Guild War. For example the "gore" (I liked that idea alot), or simple stuff like Ignition Trap.
    Just a lot more challenge map sets should be cut out, and more content for GW is also urgently needed. Always the same maps that differ only by things like a gate, body pile, etc., is not enough in my opinion. Personally, I am already losing interest in GW, although in principle it is still a "beta".
    That’s actually why you should look forward to the finished product, shouldn’t you? That’s not the case at the moment.

RiotZappa
    Killing Otis to escape the horde is exactly what I thought Shane's LT should have been.
    xbamfxShadowWalkerCarl_s_Hat
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 521
    PigBenis said:
    Honestly haven't been impressed with any of the new episodes yet. Many of them are just so simple or altered versions of existing maps. This week's for instance...2 moves to the right with HD completes the map with 0 walkers killed. I don't believe much work went into creating these new episodes, so I doubt that there is potential to change much by halting production. At least we get some rewards for completing them. 

Exactly!!!!!! And Otis looks NOTHING like the TV show!!!! 

xbamfxThunderstormVerdao1914
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2
    Although they are short lived I enjoy the season missions. I'm enjoying the throw backs to some of these origins episodes, besides a good number of the season episodes have now been changed into challenge sets so I imagine some of these will too :smile:
    Angelspit
  • XeRoXeRo Member Posts: 27
    Expand the story mode.
    Yes! I agree with you because the story mode is something that is very interesting and could be continued
    The crazy creator of Hell Judges from Dream Challenge Contest pt.1 XD
    Danski_46
    Hope they will re-work Merle's LT for the next origin season. His LT is so inferior to Aaron's. My suggestion for his new LT (at Level 2) is:

"When attacking an adjacent target, Merle does two attacks. His ranged attack deals +29% weapon damage and a melee attack with his hand-blade deals another 12% total damage.
    As a leader, Assaults, Hunters and Shooters gains this bonus."

After all, the logo for Jackass trait is his hand-blade. Just a suggestion.

MudMoccasinShadowWalker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,605
    edited September 7
    That’s a great idea, although are you saying that it just increase the original damage? I would prefer it to do separate damage Similar to how the chainsaw damage works, maybe starting at 35% and working up to 100% at level 10?. 
    There's probably a point where Aaron for outshines Merle. But early on I think the argument could be made that Merle is better.
    Aaron's damage bonus is only when two characters attack the same target, but Merle's bonus is for everyone all the time, assuming you are on a level above your toons, which is most likely.
    Well, since Merle is a shooter, his 29% weapon damage (at level 2) is always there. His second attack by his extra 'hand' can be the following:

1. inflict % total damage to target (my original idea)
    2. ignore damage resistance of the target
    3. won't increase threat count
    4. can cause critical damage on target

In total, Merle can cause a total of 4 attacks (when charged attack is activated) but only on adjacent targets. If only...
  • TimyunTimyun Member Posts: 221
    New season episodes mean new heroes, my favourate!!!