Any update on the create challenge maps community contest?

For those unaware, NG had a contest to create your own map for the challenge missions. NG was going to select winners and make the selected maps in game for a new challenge. 
MudMoccasin3vilrineZURICHJordanYukiPellegrini1977

Comments

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 470
    And there were a lot of really good ideas. 
    MudMoccasinJordanYukiPellegrini1977
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    Give it till update 6.0 maybe?
    m4s
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 147
    edited September 5
    Lots of those unrewarded yet ideas, you can see now on the origins missions...
    Pellegrini1977Verdao1914
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 268
    “Soon”
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappam4s
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 142
    They said we’d have news about that a few weeks after the contest ended, it’s almost been 5 months and still no news...
    ZURICH said:
    I also wanted to ask this question for a long time. The community contest was announced over five months ago and I personally spent the entire month allotted for this work creating the submission. I understand that the developers have been working on the update during this time and have added many changes, but I would like to know when our work will be reviewed. @Fluxxx any news on this?
    Same for me and my gf, we worked on creating some maps the entire month and we were pretty excited to see the results. 

Some news would be appreciated @Fluxxx
    Deathwish19
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,142
    I won

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild

capibaraShadowWalker
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,303
    zeeblack said:
    I won

Nope it was me! I won!!
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    zeeblackDeathwish19
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 137
    Fluxxx said:
    It's taken a while because we already had the Origins missions planned, but we're planning to release the Dream Challenge map set in the next update. Winners will be announced along with the update notes :) 
    When will we see the 2nd ch mapset announced in Spring Mayhem Update notes? Only The Grocery Store was shown up until now..
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    edited September 7
    @Fluxxx sorry, but what happend to what you have said?
    Never seen a Poll .. would be cool if atleast the community decided for a couple of the 6 maps of the mapset. Kind of dissapointing.
    RiotZappa
    3vilrine said:
    Never seen a Poll .. would be cool if atleast the community decided for a couple of the 6 maps of the mapset. Kind of dissapointing.
    I feel like a lot of people would be at a disadvantage if they did that, a bunch of people would only vote for maps their guild mates created. 
    ZURICHVerdao1914Thunderstorm
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 981
    Would seem to me NG could use a ton of the concepts submitted and make many map sets.  And I agree a community vote would be very unfair.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Verdao1914
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    Billbam said:
    Would seem to me NG could use a ton of the concepts submitted and make many map sets.  And I agree a community vote would be very unfair.

Then he should not have said that, pretty simple.
    RiotZappa
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 651
    Billbam said:

3vilrine said:
    I feel like a lot of people would be at a disadvantage if they did that, a bunch of people would only vote for maps their guild mates created. 

How is a community vote unfair? Put the 6 finalists in game and designate a voting system so every single player can vote, not just the people active here in the forum. 
    3vilrine
  • Verdao1914Verdao1914 Member Posts: 52
    Fluxxx said:
    I did say that, I'm sorry I didn't communicate an update on that. Essentially, we weren't able to put together a shortlist soon after the contest concluded.
    The main reasons being that a lot of suggestions had setups that we weren't sure about feasability- and suitability-wise. So we had to take the time to test out some of these maps to see how they'd fit into a challenge set - I've mentioned this some time ago, but these maps will have to be played through numerous times, so while there were lots of interesting suggestions, quite a few would not translate well into a challenge map, but unfortunately this isn't something we can easily tell just by looking at a drawing or diagram. 

As such, it was more of a continuous process than going through everything to make a shortlist. And there were, of course, the Origins missions alongside this, which made the process a lot more difficult for our level designer. 

I am happy because finally we have a date to know the winners, although it has taken five months with no information about the contest. In the other hand, I guess there was a big lack of planning this same contest. If the NG team was working in the maps of the update 3.9 there is no reason to make this contest. Just because we have maps almost identical in the update and suggestions made by players at the forum.
    I follow everyday the news about the contest and I can say properly that there are a lot of similarity in those maps add to Origins.
    I know maybe we have some coincidences. But I want to know how NG will explain how the maps released at 3.9 Origins are not the winner maps!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    Can I take from that you only have 1 level designer? I mean no wonder it take so long to get new maps added. Poor guy/gal must be one busiest people in the office! 
    Deathwish19
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 137
    kmr said:
    Fluxxx said:
    It's taken a while because we already had the Origins missions planned, but we're planning to release the Dream Challenge map set in the next update. Winners will be announced along with the update notes :) 
    When will we see the 2nd ch mapset announced in Spring Mayhem Update notes? Only The Grocery Store was shown up until now..
    @Fluxxx Do you have any comment, answer to this?
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 944
    @kmr We'll run that set sometime soon!
    kmr3vilrineJordanYukis7eyeW8
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    NG has the rights to change anything including their previous announcements depending on the circumstances and it's only fair to them. Even after the 6 maps are chosen and the winners are announced, we can still have a public poll to see who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. I would like that very much.

Verdao1914