Back to back GW weeks is killing the Game

2»

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,114
    What killed it for me was the 1 week break between Beta Season 4 and Beta Season 5.

If it had been 2-3 weeks as discussed, followed by 2 weeks of war, I don't think there would be such frustration as we are seeing now. 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    xbamfx
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited September 9
    I never expect anyone to agree with me. Not at all. After all, this site is filled with many diehard fans but this is also a site for comments. My previous comments are specifically directed to the players mentioned by Deadkiller if you have missed it. 

@xbamfx , you said "The problem is you play it every week over and over and over ". And that's the problem. You are assuming everyone belongs to the top tier guilds where weekly participation is a must just to be at the top. You all need to consider other casual players in other guilds as well. Example, some players may be too busy and missed GW in Week 1 and they want to play in Week 2. Thank God, NG provided them a chance to do so.   

@xbamfx , you said "There is a reason why end gamer GW are not disagreeing with my post". You just proved my point. You guys (those who agree) are diehard fans and care for what's good for themselves and their guilds only.

Anyway, thank you for giving your earnest feedback to my comments, @xbamfx . I really appreciate it. I just feel a lot of requests from some players in this site, are mainly for the interest of themselves or their guilds. Please consider others. Some of you may need recharging, I agree, but not all need to. This game is for everyone. And casual players do spend money in this game.

It's alright if we agree to disagree.

PasteRiotZappa
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 104
    edited September 9
    Im liking GW now because of the rewards. BUT

Prefer 20 axes
    Week on week off
    The at least 2 weeks between GW
    Hospital. Should be separate like Distance. Not fair we work for the team and then have to wait to heal,the game has many game modes, hard to do all waiting
    Matching how is overall 3/4 pinks against 10+ fair?
    AND!!!! sort the red gas
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,477
    edited September 9
    xbamfx said:
    When it comes to the schedule of GW, there are always 3 groups of people involved. One who likes it, one who dislikes it and the last one doesn't give a damn about it. No matter what NG does, there bound to be complaints.

What I noticed from this thread is the determination of players wanting to be the best in the game, be it in the Challenge stars or the GW victory points. There's nothing wrong with that. But to complain about the 2 weeks back-to-back GW just because some players don't have time to play because they have 2 jobs is weird and ridiculous.

This is a just freaking game. Missing one/two GW or not getting 1000+ challenge stars will not kill you. You try go missing for 1 hour in your job and see what happens. Your job is real and more important than this game. Don't forget, these jobs are the reason you can buy those tools.

If you don't have time to play, don't play.
    If you don't have surplus money, don't buy tools. The best is, don't use tools (as WellyLuga said). 

Have some true sense of reality and self control.

The problem is you play it every week over and over and over guess what bud? It becomes like challenge, the same maps over again 75x a week. Hell some challenges have a couple maps that are in other challenge sets. It’s common sense more of something so quickly is not always “good” it should have some exclusivity involved with it and be spread out with intelligence. 
    I think the main thing to focus on here is what @ATLAS-Z touched upon. The current format hasn't been given a chance to settle in, we should have been starting the current season on the back of a 3 week break and at the end of this one there will be.  It is only the illusion of more of something, the season still takes place over an 8-9 week window so you don't play any more battles/maps than you would with this setup than you would with previous ones.

As for tools, I've mentioned before that the shortage is for this one only. At the end of this season there will be a 3 week window where we can pick up tools and unless you're using them in the challenge they will be easily stockpiled for the next one. 8 per week so depending on what people have left there will be the possibility to start the season on 30+. The update will likely come with a seasonal event too and there are normally a handful given away there too.

Everyone just needs to chill...
    xbamfx
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 233
    @Thunderstorm

And here I was for the past 4 1/2 years thinking I’m getting ready for the zombie apocalypse from my mums basement.......
    You telling me there is sunshine?
    Crocodilexbamfx
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,309
    I never expect anyone to agree with me. Not at all. After all, this site is filled with many diehard fans but this is also a site for comments. My previous comments are specifically directed to the players mentioned by Deadkiller if you have missed it. 

@xbamfx , you said "The problem is you play it every week over and over and over ". And that's the problem. You are assuming everyone belongs to the top tier guilds where weekly participation is a must just to be at the top. You all need to consider other casual players in other guilds as well. Example, some players may be too busy and missed GW in Week 1 and they want to play in Week 2. Thank God, NG provided them a chance to do so.   

@xbamfx , you said "There is a reason why end gamer GW are not disagreeing with my post". You just proved my point. You guys (those who agree) are diehard fans and care for what's good for themselves and their guilds only.

Anyway, thank you for giving your earnest feedback to my comments, @xbamfx . I really appreciate it. I just feel a lot of requests from some players in this site, are mainly for the interest of themselves or their guilds. Please consider others. Some of you may need recharging, I agree, but not all need to. This game is for everyone. And casual players do spend money in this game.

Bud people that don’t frequent GW on a regular obviously aren’t going to care either way! NG needs to target those fans who participate week in and week out and invest serous amounts of time into the game. I’m not saying forget about a casual fan but 9 times out of 10 a casual fan doesn’t give a shit either way lol. 
    TCBRITO
    Purely from a GW standpoint what stated above, casual player in all other aspects of the game is necessary commodity. All in all I still like GW and find a way to adapt to it and make it work, but it is frustrating for sure from time time. If anything I’m expressing my internal thoughts on it as well as amplifying what I am hearing around the game and no it’s not just “my guild” perspective. 😆
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited September 10
    xbamfx said:

Bud people that don’t frequent GW on a regular obviously aren’t going to care either way! NG needs to target those fans who participate week in and week out and invest serous amounts of time into the game. I’m not saying forget about a casual fan but 9 times out of 10 a casual fan doesn’t give a shit either way lol. 

Whatever you say, mind reader. You seem to know what casual fans think. You know the statistics. So, have fun with your Guild Wars then. Don't forget to spend more money and time. I'm sure NG will accommodate all your demands. Surely, you can also read their minds too, can't you? My last entry here. B)  
    brucewayne007PasteCrocodilexbamfx
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 233
    @Thunderstorm
    Maybe there is more between you two. But you sound bitter towards xbam. 
    Everything he has written has merit. NG will always cater for the hardcore who invest money. 
    It’s a business 
    PasteTCBRITOxbamfx
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 604
    edited September 12
    WellyLuga said:
    we should have been starting the current season on the back of a 3 week break and at the end of this one there will be. 

Game says only two weeks breак

the last standing knight of low lvl
    Somebody got triggered. Snow flakes these days always whining when someone doesn’t agree with them....
    3vilrineShadowWalker
    @Thunderstorm
    Maybe there is more between you two. But you sound bitter towards xbam. 
    Everything he has written has merit. NG will always cater for the hardcore who invest money. 
    It’s a business 
    Exactly! I’m not saying forget casual players but they are by no means driving the funding of this game. It is what it is I guess, some people think an abundance of something is the BEST. Plenty of players continually keep complaining about same challenge maps and begging for new map sets. Why is that? Because you play those maps 250x a week lol simple. 
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 502
    Guild Wars makes this game! We all missed it terribly when it was down. We love guild wars. But we are very low on gold! Please up the gold and phones found in crates please........thank you.
    xbamfx