Has the two challenges per week grown on you at all?

Comments

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    No, we should return to a 1 challenge per week schedule.
    @Dale Well, I happen to like my guild. We are a chatty, social bunch. Since changing to 2 a week, we noticed that some members that used to get 200 stars a week started doing about 100 stars on the weekend and none during the week. Why? Well, they have work during the week and feel the 3 day challenge interferes with other areas of life. With the single 6 day challenge, they would play a little here and there during the week then grind for the last few stars on Friday.

This led to some cross words from other guild members, the ones playing both challenges about it being unfair that those only playing in one challenge each week getting guild rewards in both. The guild leader decided to put up a 50 star minimum per challenge as a membership requirement. One member that had been with us since November rage quit over it.

When you like your guild, you want to help your guild and don't like changes that cause animosity in the guild. We feel compelled to participate in both challenges so that we aren't leeches benefitting from the work of others. All of the current 20 members would prefer to go back to 1 challenge a week.
    pittsbull70
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    at least i had time to keep an excell sheet with the gained stars and lvl's of my guild and see progress.
    Yes we get more rewards but we also spend alot more gas on missions and there is no time to finish questline or grind.
    And omg the cost to upgrade everything to lvl 17, 2.35 million tomatoes per building......
    lest make the next upgrade so every farm gets an extra 100 cans at the cost of 2.000.000 (being sarcastic here :p )
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    The old challenge schedule gave us some allowance.

With only 1 challenge a week, it was easier to spread out the attainment of stars over 6 days. By Saturday, it was still possible to attain at least 210 stars. This leaves us with Sunday to focus on other things such as story missions, grinding for resources, upgrading buildings/survivors/gears or simply to take a breather from the game.

2 challenges a week broken down into weekday and weekend challenges means that it's a mad rush to complete challenges and obtain as many as stars as possible within a shorter time frame. This is especially so for the weekday challenge which runs for 3 days from Monday to Thursday.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    edited March 2016
    If they are going to stick with the 2 a week thing, at least put the New missions with humans (harder overall due to bleeding) on the 4 day and the old maps on the 3 day. Also, change the days. Run the 4 day Monday 10a-Friday 9a (weekdays when most people have work and school) and the 3 day Friday 10a-Monday 9a.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Yes, I like the 2 challenges per week.
    @thebluebox Thank you. You explained that well. You're part of a team. The teammates don't want to let each other down or take advantage of each other. Makes sense.

What I don't understand is people pressuring themselves and each other to play beyond the point of it being fun. Why? What is the point?

Seriously, what is the point in being in a guild? Comradery and banding together to getting more rewards, I imagine, are popular reasons. But many people here are focused on the leaderboard and the various reasons why the competition to be at the top of it is unfair.

As I understand it, there is no way, at this point, to make the leaderboards "fair". Wiping them clean would erase both the honestly earned stars and the ill-gotten gains. At this point, they have exploited to the point of being meaningless, especially since there is lost data involved.

As far as I can see, the only "fair" thing to do with the leaderboards is wipe them clean each challenge. The cumulative totals are meaningless. Start with a fresh set of zeroes each challenge.

That won't help the "zomg, we have to get all of the stars now!" feeling that some people seem to have but I'm not sure what can help that. Global domination here means nothing in the real world.

In the real world, if an individual or team wants to be globally competitive in anything, it takes the majority of their time and dedication. Why would that be different here? You're not going to be a globally competitive --- pick any Olympic sport --- without spending most of your time, energy, and money doing it. But here, people are whining because they want to be globally competitive but don't want to spend the time it takes do it.

But, hey, to each their own.
    FizzyPinotSurvivor420
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Dale said:

Falcon said:

I need time To:

1.- Get stars for my guild.

Serious question here: Why is Get Stars for your Guild number 1 on the list?

I know not directed at me, but I am in that position myself. The trade good reward system is nice and upgrading the pits and outposts to be able to protect TGs to some degree more is important. The Outpost does not really interest me at this point, it was sort of cool for a minute, but with all the issues with raid system, I dropped it. And as the game progresses the sheer number of XPs and Supplies, coupled with time, to upgrade becomes a bit overwhelming to try to tackle specifically, even with grinding.

More just take a zen approach as things build up. I started upgrading a survivor last night, and my outpost, basically zeroed out supplies and XP, and back up to about 300K supplies and 120k XP just by playing the challenge. And that is without even trying to farm XPs on the run. Just claiming prizes, scrapping weapons and armor. I will still grind at points, but working to about 180 stars a challenge, then running some missions, is kind of where my head is right now on the game. Sort of settling into a routine that I am liking.

Of course everyone is different and at the lower level the approach to the game was different for me.
    DoTakJenny
  • SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    It was really nice to have a day off. It also allows the new member to grow.

PLEASE return to one challenge a week!
  • AndriusAndrius Member Posts: 783
    edited March 2016
    Two challenges per week is NOT a problem.

The problem: The pressure from your Guild leaders to ensure you perform on these 2 challenges to contribute the stars to your Guild. If you don't perform, you are viewed as dead weight, inactive, and not useful. Thus, it makes us think 2 challenges per week is way too much. It is their fear to fall behind. It is your fear to be kicked out.

Of course, as a competitive players, you want to have the most stars as possible because it is for the reputation of your Guild as a whole and the possibility to get good reward.

If you play by yourself and not in a Guild, you can just play one challenge even though there are 2 challenges and no one will care.

So let's me ask you all! Is two challenges per week is grown on you? or is it because your Guild leaders pressuring you play on 2 challenges per week?

The EH family- where we have competition, fun and friendship.
    How to apply?
    Click here OR Email: [email protected]
    FragzieSurvivor420
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 561
    I don't even come close do doing what I used to. I never even get to the high level missions that give appropriate rewards for my level anymore. My guild can only get to around the 918 mark now when we used to do the 1920 mark. You can see that our combined effort on the two challenges is about the same that we did on one challenge, but you can see by the chat that there is no real push to do well on the challenges and there are many more 0s than before. Nobody really cares in my guild anymore. We just do our own individual goals for that challenge. I haven't even started this forest challenge yet, with just 3 stars.
  • vaynardvaynard Member Posts: 21
    Not fond of the two challenges per week, however i could live with it if they just cut a day off the weekend challenge. Problem solved.
  • Kappa123Kappa123 Member Posts: 203
    i would like to play outposts too (and stay somewhat good at it/in the top 10)
    2 challenges a week don't allow me to do that

I don't think the 2 challenges a week will get changed back to 1, so I started a thread with a suggestion for improving so more people will be likely to engage again. I suggested changes to the 3 parts I have heard the most complaints about from my guild members and other people on the forums.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/5944/tweaking-the-challenge-schedule#latest
    @thebluebox you are probably correct. I think the consideration for NG is 2 challenges a week means the hard core players will buy more gas. People like me and guilds like mine will fall by the wayside.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    It's like this:
    Find a guild that has the number of stars you like to collect each challenge.
    Join it.

Play the way you like it.

You CAN play without doing any: raids, challenges, OR storyline missions. Most of us would pick 2 of the 3.
    Survivor420
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166

Challenges? Oh ya, those things I never look at anymore, too much other grinding to do that actually counts

thing is, I grind away at the challenges... and 3500 crates = a pretty good item. So if you're hitting 100 or 140 and in a guild where most people are too... that's some awesome kit coming in.

I'm not fussed that my progress through storyline has slowed down, hell I wouldn't mind some "easy as she goes" storyline missions to replace the survivors I've lost in deadlies.

It doesn't HAVE to get continuously harder to be continuously better.
    Survivor420
  • ZitroneZitrone Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2016
    Please one Challenge , i have Not a time for two Challenges.
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2016
    Lost more guild players this week that left game because of the double challenge making the game "not fun anymore." In a social group or team people feel obligated to participate, and should... slackers generally aren't accepted, unless by other slackers, and people taking a free ride on the challenge reward train are frowned upon, I mean why should someone be getting rewards for everyone elses efforts if they aren't contributing? But guess what? Real-life happens; with a 3 day challenge sh*t comes up in life that could make you miss a challenge much easier than if it was only one challenge a week.

Our guild is not stressing high numbers at all, but people are still leaving the game because it's now more like work than something that used to be able to be played casually. My opinion is I don't blame people for wanting to drop this game recently. NG keeps making changes people never asked for and not listening when people (in masses and huge majority) voice they don't want it.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    In my guild, we have 4 friends who like to chat and shoot zombies.
    We have no star requirements, min or max - we get as many or as few as we want to, and if one or two of us get bonuses for the group, nobody moans because the others haven't.
    Mind you, two of us have cancer, one is pregnant and one is a firefighter.
    The point is, we play purely for fun and I think we'd die of shock if we ever got near a leaderboard! So, although just the one challenge is sufficient with Outposts, story missions and evermore XP needed for upgrading, there is always the option to just not play the second challenge map........
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Survivor420
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @Perdtin said As far as I can see, the only "fair" thing to do with the leaderboards is wipe them clean each challenge. The cumulative totals are meaningless. Start with a fresh set of zeroes each challenge.

I never understood a rolling star system either, I care not as an individual or guild member for collected stars from day 1 of game inception or if it was a month ago, it shows nothing at all - guild members shift, some individuals are creative (without the knowledge I'm sure of other guild members), some have days/weeks off etc.
    Now real competition allows regular fresh starting points allowing newly put together guilds, refreshed guilds, harda$$ original guilds etc a real taste of completion if the boards are wipe regularly with a top 3 guild award.
    Pressure is then taken off that someone needs booting coz they're in traction and gaining no stars coz the hospital doesn't have wifi (never mind they'll help us win next challenge event).
    Using the 2 challenges a week this way could take the pressure off, keep it fun tell the guild leaders to be realistic and stop pushing people away.

Have fun guys n gals
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
    Until I retire I just don't have the time to do one challenge let alone two of them.
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    All two challenges a week did is force me to play twice the amount of low level missions for low prizes and XP. Plus, there's very little time or gas to play outposts so I haven't even raided anyone in 2 or 3 days. I haven't been raided in ages either, I suspect this is because my influence is low but my survivors are high and I have basically zero trade goods available for raiding. Feel free to attack me but expect to spend time in the hospital for zero trade goods.
  • EironEiron Member Posts: 41
    One of the bigger issues I have is the challenge bonus only being paid in Trade Goods.
    If TG was one of the possible options for rewards instead of the only option then I think the lower and mid level players would be able to catch up a bit faster & be better able to compete in both challenges and outpost missions.
    FizzyPinot
    @Eiron you can go to the trade shop and buy gold crates for 500 at a pop whenever you please. I just bought 2 and got a stack of food and Xp so I could upgrade my lvl 14 legendary baton.
  • EironEiron Member Posts: 41
    True, but then I can not upgd walkers in the pit. ;) Adding another resource chain on top of 4 already existing ones, and reducing the number of reward boxes for the others a/w/a less chance of getting a rare/epic/legendary weapon from them is what I'm not in favor of.
  • ZitroneZitrone Member Posts: 73
    2 Challenge is too Much
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I like having different ones to run through. Keeps it interesting. And I play each part of the game as much as I want to. I always manage to get 100-140 for my guild and have time to do other things as well. I'm not sure why people feel that they HAVE to do anything. Just because and option is there doesn't mean that you have to devote all your time and resources to it.
    KaelSurvivor420
  • MissSFXMissSFX Member Posts: 177
    I prefer 2 challenges. As most people only have a max they can achieve anyway due to level etc...

I personally get bored of doing the same missions over and over so I would get extremely bored if they carried on for a week. I would still only get the same amount of stars.

I'm also currently stuck on on missions so I can only do challenges at the moment til I can upgrade. I really look forward to the new challenges. So I hope they are here to stay. I'd rather get rid of outpost than to drop 1 challenge
    Kael
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Personally I don't mind too much, as least with new content it's better than farming the same maps over and over; BUT been losing guild members from the constant grind and having to produce stars on their free time instead of playing how they like.
    It's too much of a demand on players game time especially if/when NG gets outpost raiding costs to a decent level...
    zoson[Deleted User]
  • DZ_DZ_ Member Posts: 12
    I feel that 2 challenges a week is to much, I have done barely any supply runs and raids because I don't have the time to do those things and earn stars plus there just isn't enough gas.
  • NieGoleBobraNieGoleBobra Member Posts: 27
    this game became a full time job with 2 challenges a week. i dont have time to max out my stars not even mation about outpost or farm food/exp.
    [Deleted User]