Are ASSAULT useful?

I just got an Epic Assault 7-13... Just curious if it will be useful later?
Thankz,
Regards

Current position - Completed Chapter 10 with lvl 11 Survivors

Comments

• EricSEricS Member Posts: 23
    Yes, in fact, on some challenge missions, Assault are my favorite survivors to bring. On some maps, it's easier to get multiple kills with hunters, on others, assaulters get multiple kills easier. In some cases, it helps to bring two assaulters, but I've never had the need to bring three.

On the other hand, for exploration missions, I almost never deviate from a three hunter lineup, since assaulters aren't as useful on many of those maps and you don't know which map you're getting when you start, unless I'm missing something.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783

I just got an Epic Assault 7-13... Just curious if it will be useful later?

I use them all the time. My standard group is shooter, hunter, assault. There are some challenge maps where assaults are perfect. Like "The Room" in Prison or Terminous, forgetting which one right now. And one in the last challenge.
    Jenny
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    I only keep one assault because they are only useful to me in certain situations. They just don't cause much damage in terms of actual walker deaths. Their bullets are very spread out, and sometimes that is a plus! I think there might be a weapon characteristic you can upgrade to spread out their spray pattern even more, and that could improve the situation. If you have a strong one, and room on your team, hang onto him for such situations. That said, I know I saw someone her say they use a lot of assaults and bruisers together, because you have to work with what you got! I can't imagine how hard some of the scenes are for that person.
    Animesh101Lynz4tex
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    If you have the right weapon with a wide spread, and your survivor has strong armour, they can be very helpful on certain missions. They are great in the early rounds of Challenges when you are facing hoards of lower level walkers. Mine is an Epic lv17 with a decent weapon and Legendary armour but still doesn't provide knockdown power against stronger walkers (lv12 and up, and any fatty).
    @NCDawgFan you may want to do some pulls on legendary. I have a legendary 18 Assault Rifle (Started at 15) on my Epic 17 Assault. Mows down anything 17 or under without fail, other than the weird blip. It could be the traits on the rifle and my assault. But he cuts a wide path and I usually have him ready to stun groups of walkers after the first move, depending on the map.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Biggest long term benefit as the assault does not have high damage for its class is the stun ability. Once charged he will stun a very large herd which in strategy terms very useful if you are over run
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    alnod
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372

Biggest long term benefit as the assault does not have high damage for its class is the stun ability. Once charged he will stun a very large herd which in strategy terms very useful if you are over run

OK now THAT might be helpful. Thanks for that, I had overlooked that totally due to my dislike for their ineffectiveness overall.

FizzyPinot
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Thanks @Perdtin if my rollback issue ever gets resolved I will use the radios I have been hording to try and upgrade my Assult and Warrior.
    Try some non-deadlies to work on some techniques to use a bit. Early stages of challenge, etc. And the weapons with the wide cones are great, like the attached.

WA.png 788.6K
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    I run an assault and two warrior combo. The assault draws them in and softens them up and the warriors clean house. It now is my most wildly used combo. The interrupt and widen attack spread are key to this.

Often in two or three turns I can clean out a whole mission. this way.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    Japes87
  • BarbwireBarbwire Member Posts: 5
    Rarely use mine, never likes him. Put him in my outpost for now, though. Lvl 15.
    kidnapkin
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    My level 17 legendary assault is a beast!! He's using a level 18 upgraded legendary weapon but I can't wait until I can get him an upgraded 20 legendary weapon. Right now he takes down level 17 walkers and below with pretty good results!!
    Perdtinkidnapkin
  • walkerswalkers Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2016
    Very usefull
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    As it can't one shot mobs of their own level, I don't fancy them. Hunters and warriors are only who can one one shot multiple mobs of their own level, so I use only them. Maybe strategic position of assault is good, but I thrive with warrior+hunter combo best. Maybe with 3 assaults with widest possible spread and max weapon level may work well too, but have't had access to such combo yet.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @Dragonius ooh imagine pulling more than one assault from the radio tent...never even thought of two in the game. Now you've got me wanting!
    @Jenny JEALOUS!
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    kidnapkin
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    @FizzyPinot I got 2 legendary assaults, 2 epic assaults and 1 rare assaults. :smile: I just don't find them worth upgrading, as only one of them can hit lvl 17 and one 16, my warrior hunter combo is so effective, that I want to maximise their levels and equipment.
    FizzyPinotkidnapkin
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    I'd go with 2x assaualts, because usually (at the right level) you'd have them softening then killing the same batch every round - and if they both had "stun" active most of the time it would be awesome.
    SgtSalamiFizzyPinot
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    @Dragonius there are assaults easily killing walkers on their level.

And there are lots of missions especially on the new challenge maps where they are extremely useful...even on higher levels.
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    Jenny
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2016
    I agree that singularly they can have their drawbacks, but a pair, or three, can bring great results especially with a wide spread of range.
    On the Hilltop challenge, I used 3 Assaults (2xlvl15, 1xlvl16) all the way through to 180 stars.
    I swapped one for a lvl16 shooter on the map with humans, but overall, with the huge amount of walkers about, the Assaults cleared the maps in virtually no time at all.
    So, I recommend using at least a pair on maps where there are a lot of walkers - they're invaluable.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    SgtSalami
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 560
    edited March 2016
    They are great you just have to know how to use them. Be sure to get them weapons with 30 to 45* arc improvement. They are good to use in tandem with another assault or with a warrior if you are having trouble knocking down walkers of a certain level. One shot knocks down the walkers to low and the next one finishes them. Be sure to have good upgraded armor with them as they get closer to the walkers than other ranged guys. The stun special ability really helps in a crowd and then the others get critical hits on the downed walkers. My standard exploration team is a hunter warrior and assault (although sometimes I leave the warrior out and use 2 assault). With epic and legendary weapons they can really put the hurt on. :smiley:
  • Animesh101Animesh101 Member Posts: 83
    Ty guyz
    SgtSalami
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 560
    And my lvl 15 epic assault with lvl 17 epic weapon chews up most walkers his level.
    Jenny
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    Another benefit is their stellar health! I just took a hit from a level 19 zombie and still three starred the mission. :-)
    kidnapkinggbats
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I use my fully upgraded 14lv legendary all the time, is a breeze going through the challenges
This discussion has been closed.