Post TWD: No Man's Land

ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
Hi guys. By now, most of you have read that the main TWD series on TV is going to end with Season 11. Will this game end as well?

The following is for open discussion (if you are interested):

If one day, NG decides to scrap this game (due to declining existing players and revenue) and introduces a new zombie game, what kind of zombie game would you like? 

• you can give your views briefly or as detailed as possible
  • you can compare and contrast with other zombie apocalypse games if you have played them before
  • you can indicate what to introduce, what to keep and what to remove (we have been doing this all the while)

Usually the case, NG will not respond to any request for their commitment on this game. In the mobile game history, games which were removed, came back as Part 2 or they are being cloned by other companies. Feel free to have a fun discussion. I will post mine later, still thinking.

Troublemaker

Comments

• brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 627
    Longer Missions. 
    Larger team (5)
    Current format is very time intensive to compete. Not everyone can maintain it week in week out. 
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    @brucewayne007

Please elaborate on 'longer missions' and 'larger teams (5)'.  
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    edited September 2020
    Why should this game end lol there is alot more they can do even when the twd series ends. I like the game how it works and don't need a new one.
    Better try to improve the existing one.
    Deathwish19zombieornottobecyclon98
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    Walking Dead spin offs and 3 movies are in the pipeline , NG don't need to shut this game down just rebrand it and rename it in line with spin offs and movies  
    3vilrine
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 812
    No matter how crappy or poorly made a game is, if it uses a very popular intellectual property the game and has a wide enough distribution accross multiple major platforms (facebook, apple, android etc), the game will be a success. Two of the most poorly made modern mobile games like this, game of thrones ascent and star trek timelines, were some of the worst hack jobs ever executed on important IPs. And they were both very popular and profitable for their developer, at the expense of the playerbase. 

NG could make a TWD game based on stupid amounts of xp grind and it will be profitable. NG could make a TWD game based upon stupid amounts of slot machine pulls and it will be profitable. NG could make a TWD game based upon stupid amounts of timers and it will be profitable.

And NG could also make a genuine puzzle zombie game in the world of TWD with only a modest rpg element, a few timers for flavor, and a the smallest bit of slot machine for spice, and it too would be successful.

Rather than monetizing a TWD game based upon addiction, they could monetize based upon game merit and then we could become addicted to playing a genuinely good game instead. Make the TWD mobile game we all want to play @fluxxx!
    Troublemakers7eyeW8zombieornottobePardus
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 627
    @brucewayne007

Sure thing. 
    So instead of 3 players. We can choose maybe 5 or so. Have more variety in our Attacks. Use more people in the team which could be a lot of fun. 
    And therefore play a longer mission to help cater for the larger team. Short challenge missions would be way too easy with a big team. 
    This is way too hopeful for a mobile device game. 
    I’m thinking like x-com. 
    Thunderstorm
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    @brucewayne007

Sure thing. 
    So instead of 3 players. We can choose maybe 5 or so. Have more variety in our Attacks. Use more people in the team which could be a lot of fun. 
    And therefore play a longer mission to help cater for the larger team. Short challenge missions would be way too easy with a big team. 
    This is way too hopeful for a mobile device game. 
    I’m thinking like x-com. 

I totally agree with you and I love X-Com. However, NG's maps are limited in size especially the width which has a max width of 7 blocks. It's very restrictive and beyond my understanding. That's why players complain about tight corridors in GW. If you add 2 more heroes in the map, it will be very congested because more walkers needed to be spawned to withstand 5 heroes' combined firepower.

I wish NG can expand their maps in terms of width size. Then it will become X-Com: Undead version.
    brucewayne007