I've said it once and I'll say it again. Let Us Choose Our GW Defenders!

At least let us use our Outpost defenders as GW defenders. NG seems to think they know how to pick the best defenders for GW but I think that is a load of bull. I have seen RGG and SRick get chosen as leaders on an AI defender. Those are both the worst possible picks as leaders because AI cannot use charged attacks. How is this the "best defense" NG? Your system is flawed. Also not to mention that GW defenders cannot use badges. My Eugene for example is 80% DR with badges so I rerolled his IS trait. WIth the loss of badges and rerolled IS this makes Eugene an awful pick as a defender. He is one of my highest ranked survivors so he was no doubt picked a few times as my own defender which is not ideal.

NG: Again, Let US Pick Our Defenders! This round of GW is coming to an end so you can implement the changes for the next war.
LoneWanderer360PasteDiElElmarroba2000

Comments

• LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 498
    I don't care how many pink stars they have. Any melee defender in GW is getting put in a wood chipper. I have an easier time with 8* scouts and bruisers than 5* hunter Daryl. Melee always hangs back and just waits to be slaughtered.
    ADPaq
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 577
    This doesn't actually matter. If the defenders get harder people will complain because of that too. NG has more important things to do.
    Suckitghost_pepper
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    It doesn't really matter who is in defence they're going to get slaughtered so why does it matter?
    And if you add badges actually work in defence all that is going to do is cost us all more in gold and do any of us really want that just for our defence to occasionally win? I know I definitely don't
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    TCBRITOPasteRealClareB
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 245
    Doing enemys in GW only gives 20 why make it harder?
    Lets say you make it alot harder like lvl 37 surviors with carl lead and so on, who wants to play that?
    TCBRITOPasteRiotZappa
  • SuckitSuckit Member Posts: 58
    It doesn't really matter who is in defence they're going to get slaughtered so why does it matter?
    And if you add badges actually work in defence all that is going to do is cost us all more in gold and do any of us really want that just for our defence to occasionally win? I know I definitely don't

It does actually matter who is defending. They are not guaranteed to get slaughtered. My outpost defenders win the defense 90% of the time they are attacked.
    PasteCaptainslayer
    euchid said:
    Doing enemys in GW only gives 20 why make it harder?
    Lets say you make it alot harder like lvl 37 surviors with carl lead and so on, who wants to play that?

I'm not saying make the enemy AI lvl 37 or whatever. I'm saying to let us use our own defenders. Max lvl is 27 so I have no idea where you got 37 from. All they would have to do is mirror our outpost defenders. Who we choose to defend outpost will also defend in GW.

There's just no reason for this. It won't help anyone or improve anything.
    TCBRITO
    Paste said:
    There's just no reason for this. It won't help anyone or improve anything.

Why don't you think it will help anyone? As it is now with the defenders being a wash it is just guaranteed points for people who play those maps. They might as well not be there. Since they are there they might as well make them mean something.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,602
    @Suckit but in outpost no walkers to help the attackers out. It’s a completely different ball game. 
    PasteTCBRITO
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Suckit said:

It does actually matter who is defending. They are not guaranteed to get slaughtered. My outpost defenders win the defense 90% of the time they are attacked.
    I'd love to see your 90% win log and hear all your tips. Help me out!
    Captainslayerandy75Mortmer
    Suckit said:

Why don't you think it will help anyone? As it is now with the defenders being a wash it is just guaranteed points for people who play those maps. They might as well not be there. Since they are there they might as well make them mean something.
    It's a balancing issue. You can't balance them to be harder without hitting beginners extremely hard. Human opponents missions are easy as hell for us, but not the new or average players. If they were harder for us they'd still be too easy, but too hard for beginners.

It's also not much skill related. It's related to players progression and which heroes/classes they use, so it just hits too hard for new players.
    JankelTCBRITO
    "Suckit" is a great name for raids and outposts btw. I once got raided by a guy named "Haha". I had to save that for a screenshot.
    Suckit
    Paste said:
    Suckit said:

It's a balancing issue. You can't balance them to be harder without hitting beginners extremely hard. Human opponents missions are easy as hell for us, but not the new or average players. If they were harder for us they'd still be too easy, but too hard for beginners.

It's also not much skill related. It's related to players progression and which heroes/classes they use, so it just hits too hard for new players.

This is not true either. The opponents that we attack are matched based on NG algorithms. A lvl 20 player is not going to be attacking lvl 27 players. The balance is still there. There is indeed skill involved with attacking freemen. baiting and punishing.
    Suckit said:

I'd love to see your 90% win log and hear all your tips. Help me out!

Well I can't tell you exactly how I do it or else I'd be giving out my secrets. I'll tell you one thing is that Carl is your friend.
    Paste
  • BodenBoden Member Posts: 2
    My vote -  It's not broke, so don't try to fix it!
    100% of my guild kill the humans 100% of the time, with a bruise at best!
    It's one less variable I need to worry about when planning our attack strategy..
    Paste
    Suckit said:

This is not true either. The opponents that we attack are matched based on NG algorithms. A lvl 20 player is not going to be attacking lvl 27 players. The balance is still there. There is indeed skill involved with attacking freemen. baiting and punishing.
    The opponents are EVERYONE in the opponent guild. Even if it seems weighted towards putting the most difficult one more in harder sectors, this isn't exactly always the case. It picks the hardest defenders if can find, so someone who just reach level 12 council and has uncommon/rare characters, equipment and no badges could end up getting an opponent with 5 pink stars as long as the person with those characters plays in a guild in the same season VP range as the level 12 council beginner. There are guilds where seasoned veterans go to "vacation" or "retire" playing semi-active or not at all (they don't have to play to be picked as GW defenders). In addition to this the very first day of GW battle of the season the matchmaking based on season VP could match anyone.

Actual levels doesn't matter. If I have level 27 and attack someone who is level 15 his characters will be level 27 for me.
    TCBRITO
    Boden said:
    My vote -  It's not broke, so don't try to fix it!
    100% of my guild kill the humans 100% of the time, with a bruise at best!
    It's one less variable I need to worry about when planning our attack strategy..

If it is so easy and you don't want to worry about it then why not remove it all together? If it is going to be there it might as well have some purpose other than free RP.
    Paste said:
    Suckit said:

The opponents are EVERYONE in the opponent guild. Even if it seems weighted towards putting the most difficult one more in harder sectors, this isn't exactly always the case. It picks the hardest defenders if can find, so someone who just reach level 12 council and has uncommon/rare characters, equipment and no badges could end up getting an opponent with 5 pink stars as long as the person with those characters plays in a guild in the same season VP range as the level 12 council beginner. There are guilds where seasoned veterans go to "vacation" or "retire" playing semi-active or not at all (they don't have to play to be picked as GW defenders). In addition to this the very first day of GW battle of the season the matchmaking based on season VP could match anyone.

Actual levels doesn't matter. If I have level 27 and attack someone who is level 15 his characters will be level 27 for me.

Accept it doesn't actually pick the hardest defenders. In my OP I said that I have seen RGG and Srick as leaders in a defending team. This are the worst possible picks for defenders and hardly the "hardest"
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    @Suckit my defence wins in outpost but they only really win because of where they are set up strategically and the fact they all have stun resistance and my ranged guys have fire weapons, if I take those things off them they lose every single time no matter who they are. 
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,430
    This game mode is conceptually flawed and can't be fixed.

Human defenders will always be easily defeated the way it is.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PasteTCBRITO
  • IgorGGTIgorGGT Member Posts: 51
    guild wars humans should be the worst characters, so "noob" players can make it easily, let people put Carl on leader will ruin this to lot of players
    Paste
    Suckit said:
    Accept it doesn't actually pick the hardest defenders. In my OP I said that I have seen RGG and Srick as leaders in a defending team. This are the worst possible picks for defenders and hardly the "hardest"
    I said "It picks the hardest defenders if can find". Not that it's smart enough to favor heroes that are lower level but better for defense.
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 69
    Lower level players in our guild clear out nearly all the human enemies and can still get 350/400 points, it allows the bigger players to do more with their 18 turns.

I think NG got the human enemies right. Everybody would pick Carl and he’s a pain in the arse.

Why would you want to spend gold healing?
    CaptainslayerTCBRITOPastezombieornottobe
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 22
    I don't think there's any harm in choosing our own defences. I've recently seen some screenshots of our teams in Wild Walking and the algorithm that NG has in place to pick our teams is embarrassing. As mentioned, my main 3 hero bruisers Eugene, Morgan and RGG all have iron skin re-rolled. I've seen the game pick shooters like Aaron, a non-hero hunter, Sasha and others - all of which have 0% DR. I've seen non-razor single target bruiser weapons, armours with useless traits wrestler/ruthless and no stun resist, weapons with charging, silence and many other terrible selections. Why can't I put Dwight, Negan, Carl, my assaults and bruisers who still have iron skin in the mix? Christ, even Jerry might actually be useful.

I don't want to see badges implemented as it would hurt more players than it benefits but why not give us the option of a few defending teams who are more fitting to actually defend? At the moment battle losses come from who fails the least in some of the imbalanced tool frenzy broken maps, why not add an extra side to it where your defending teams could occasionally take swords as well? There should be some element of PVP to GW instead of who does the best with the PVE maps.
    SuckitBurmeliinis
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    Now you get your defenders pick. Team A: Carl, Team B: Carl, Team C: Carl. :trollface:
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITOzombieornottobeArtminius
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 492
    I must agree that Carl will lead A LOT. But I suspect that you cannot repeat defenders or gear on teams, so it could become VERY interesting to come up with three separate strategies. (And yes, there will be Uber Strategies that all the top players gravitate towards, once we figure it out.)

I like it!
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    So all my bullet dodge badges are going to be usefull now on my generic survivor meat shields. I just need to make sure they have extra lucky and extra bullet dodge. And then it's opperation meat shield!