Guild Wars. Where are we after 10 months ?

Long time awaited, Guild Wars are introduced back in the game in January this year. Mode has a brand new format, different approach, "even playing field" (or at least it looked like that) and definitely it was success compared to GW we had before. 
From a start there were mistakes, of course, and still there were things some people don't like, don't enjoy. Updates brought something new,trying to fix problems, to please everyone, but that again wasn't successful. One fixed problem - brings another one that will bother some different masses. 

For me, biggest mistake was introducing tools, to still not well- established and accepted format. Tools, which hugely increase chances to finish mission while they can be obtained for money, and just like that from even playing field we got another pay to win, frustrating, devastating mode for most of the players. 

5 seasons after, 10 months after introduction GW, i am writing this post where i want to sum up all my thoughts about it. I played every battle i could. I used all my swords. I won all my battles except two (Damn you red machine and mavs)
Excitement, Bright moments, rising as a team and a guild, really getting to know all your players ( and some enemies too) , amazing coordination, wins .... Awesome things happened. This mode kept most of us in the game.
But there is other side of the coin, which brings frustration, demotivation, killing the mood and desire to play to that point that many have quit .

I am writing this as my final appeal, beg, to understand and fix huge mistakes, before is too late. If this changes are not going to be implemented in next season, after game update, best would be not to have GW back at all. I am serious. It's killing the game, destroying guilds, making players quit

Needed Changes : 

1. Ridiculous Leaderboard with wrong and unfair ranking system
  2. Meaningless Leaderboard because it give everyone same rewards, you win the war, new war start tomorrow, and that's it, moving on, it was all for nothing
  3. Brutal maps which "sell" tools,and milk players, but i wonder for how long ? 
  4. No chance to repeat at least 1 mission you failed, while game we are playing has many luck-based traits and combat and you can lose attacks no matter how good you are
  5. Same maps over and over and starting to be boring 
  6. Bonus sectors meaningless for top guilds

Detailed explanation i will add in separate post
BurmeliinisRickMSA3vilrineWellyLugakinkoTroublemakerDiElElRWSn00bTCBRITOs7eyeW8TRUFAtwdnmlNerfZone187jimmydawisemirADPaqmiori199373

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 678
    I like the idea of one repeat mission. Especially if tools are removed and the retry is introduced instead. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,524
    Absolutely spot on.  Being forced into playing all 6 days was something we refused to do and like you say, since the whole season is decided on VP you can't have an easy battle if you want to fight for top spot. It is baffling at the start of the season when everyone is at zero and you are miss-matched against a much lower guild, where we are pushing for 5H, 6F and 6G outscoring the enemy team by a huge margin. I would ask in the chat, why are we putting ourselves through it? Spending several tools to win a battle that is already won? We need it for the leaderboard. It is like a season of football, basketball, NFL or whatever being decided on goals, points or touchdowns rather than the matches you won. Absolutely ludicrous. 

Tools, lets be honest - they're going nowhere. I'm fine with them being in the game, what I'm not fine with is that many of the maps are built in a way that makes them zero-skill, run through a brick wall type missions and some of them can be virtually impossible without them. I typed up the thread below 6 months ago, yes, 6 MONTHS AGO. Fluxxx commented that they would look at it, several updates go by and the maps have not been addressed in any way. Nothing has really. I am looking forward to seeing the patch notes as my decision on whether I continue playing the game hugely depend on it.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42726/imbalanced-maps

kinkoRickMSADiElElDanski_46
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    This game mode is terrible and can't be fixed.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    JayZTCBRITONerfZone187mir
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 202
    You are talking about issues with gameplay itself @Karajoca

But all that is meaningless if they can't even sort the technical side of the game mode out.

A few wars ago one of our players cleared all walker missions in 4E only for the missions showing as not done to everyone whilst the swords were gone of course.

Sent multiple messages to support and they refused to give any sort of compensation even for the lost 4E sector. 

Now today one of our guys clears their last mission in a sector. And guess what? Shows as not being done. And sword is gone.

I wonder what they will say this time...

I think it's absolutely disgraceful that after 10 months of beta they haven't even sorted the technical side were attacks are always correctly registered (or even get manually added immediately if they are not).

So improving gameplay of this mode, i'm all for it, but first get it to work properly so you actually can play the game.
    _Lily_
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 147
    I hope @Fluxxx is reading this thread, couldn't have said it any better...
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    Haven't read this thread yet, but the real question is: How did you even post in General Discussions? This broken ass forum doesn't let me start new threads here, only post comments...
    CrocodileSuperheroKarajoca
    Why not just mix it up more. People are clearly getting bored of this format.

IDEA: Increase the difficulty of all missions (except PVP) by 1 level, but instead post the name of the map and all details at the selection screen.

So instead of "Kill Walkers and Exit" + Tank, say

Warehouse 1 + "Kill 15 and Exit" + Gate + Spawn piles + Threat Counter + 2 Tanks

Or keep difficulty as it is but remove the tools from the game. And add that one retry mission.
    n00b
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 264
    @Karajoca
    Tools are fine in the game. That’s no concern

its the fact people have 150 tools available to them within the match. It should be capped to 1 Medkit and 2 grenades. 
    I don’t like seeing a video where 1 person throws 5 grenades throughout and succeeds. 
    Tools add a different element of strategy. To push further. They don’t take away the skill, it’s a different element of strategy. 
    It’s the back to back weeks of Guild Wars that is ruining and water downing the product. 
    If they continue this the next GW, I will not participate back to back weeks. Much to the dismay of my team. I just don’t have the capacity or will to play that often. 
    I want to enjoy the journey. Not grind through it. 
    I’m only 1 person but if I’m 1 person who really enjoys the format. What would others think 

So Fluxx if you are reading this. You do back to back weeks again I’m walking and playing in a lower team with little effort. I can’t maintain it. 
    ADPaq
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 272
    I have no problem with tools. They indeed has some strategy effect, give more options in mission, need skill to use the best out of it. Agree with all that @brucewayne007 But to have an option to use them - you have to buy them. 
    We had even field before. You have 18 attacks, i have 18 attacks - let's fight. Now you have 18 attacks and 10 tools, i have 18 attacks and 50 tools. That's not the proper fight anymore and not something i want to be involved in. 
    What i wish is to have more tools obtainable in game, we can farm radios,components,tomatoes...why not this ? 

I don't think Back to Back weeks are a problem at all. It's general tiredness of this mode, which is pushed and pushed, while still not set right, contain bugs, visual or real,bringing consistent frustration and stress because it screams "i must play, can't fail my guild" or "if i lose sword we will lose battle", or checking game nonstop to see if your guildmate finally completed that map so you can play your missions... 

All this, while still need to play challenge and other modes at same time, it's just not possible to enjoy that kind of game. I want GW to be something special, event that occurs once in a while, after few months break, we wouldn't mind even if battles are every day then for few weeks nonstop. Because you feel eager, want to test yourself, see where you are against other guilds. 
    Right now.... we just had enough of it. This season was a total mistake. I don't even remember against who i played yesterday
    brucewayne007TheKingDatdudeted
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    edited September 26

its the fact people have 150 tools available to them within the match. It should be capped to 1 Medkit and 2 grenades. 
    I don’t like seeing a video where 1 person throws 5 grenades throughout and succeeds. 
    Tools add a different element of strategy. To push further. They don’t take away the skill, it’s a different element of strategy. 

Exactly. The use of tools need a limitation per mission. Not even 2 grenades. 1 Medkit and 1 Nade per mission for Guild Wars only. That would prevent so much unbalance. Everyone has 18 attacks and everyone has 1/1 tools option on a mission. So it wouldn't mean anything you have 10 tools or 50 tools. with 1/1 you would be able to recharge enough tools for every season. And everyone would have the same starting position. Atleast when it comes to tool usage.
    brucewayne007
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    @brucewayne007 @3vilrine just out of interest if you could get grenades from after mission crates, dailies as well as the free ones each week, and the possibility of getting them in the gold chest in the trade shop. Which mean with normal play you could get between 10-15 grenades and medkits a week would you still want them limited to 1 and 1 in guild war battles? 

brucewayne007
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 198
    So you want a luck based gold chest opening or even worse "dailies" (don't know if you remember players complaining about not getting them in dailies and other do) that players that have more luck get more meds/nades? That makes no sense to balance out the "competitivness" of GW. But just out of interest why you want the abilitly to throw as many nades and meds as you want per gw mission?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    I’m not saying that’s definitely what I’d want but just wondering if everyone having more would make it better for you or worse? I reason I want to have more is because I enjoy trying the 41-44 maps. I’ll always try to do them without tools but if I get into a sticky situation I like to know they are there to maybe help me out. Let’s face it the maps are designed so that some are almost impossible without them. 
    If they wanted to automatically equip you with 1 grenade and 1 medikit every mission (Not out of your personal stash) I’d be happy with that too. Would mean I could also use my personal stash in the challenge. 
    In fact that’s probably my favourite idea. Keeps GW even for everyone and those who want to spend gold to climb the leaderboard by using tools can. 
    Deathwish19mirShezza10
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 651
    Dozer here: Quit playing the all grind /no fun, milking man's land. Download an actual strategy game with real players (not bots) and play with me and Kaz (the former community manager from this crappy game) 
    They're introducing a club wars feature soon vs human players (not vs stupid bots) and it's cheap to progress. Like $4.99 per month for the pass. 100 million DAU and growing.

Oh and max accts are max accounts. There's no competitive advantage once you're at max level. Only skill will carry you to the top 0.1% which is where you'll find me killing you.
    And maybe they'll even give @Fluxxx a job as soon as this game crashes and burns 🤷😆
    3vilrine
    Yet you're still here playing week after week you lifer 😆🤦
    Deathwish19Troublemaker
    WellyLuga said:
    Absolutely spot on.  Being forced into playing all 6 days was something we refused to do and like you say, since the whole season is decided on VP you can't have an easy battle if you want to fight for top spot. It is baffling at the start of the season when everyone is at zero and you are miss-matched against a much lower guild, where we are pushing for 5H, 6F and 6G outscoring the enemy team by a huge margin. I would ask in the chat, why are we putting ourselves through it? Spending several tools to win a battle that is already won? We need it for the leaderboard. It is like a season of football, basketball, NFL or whatever being decided on goals, points or touchdowns rather than the matches you won. Absolutely ludicrous. 

Tools, lets be honest - they're going nowhere. I'm fine with them being in the game, what I'm not fine with is that many of the maps are built in a way that makes them zero-skill, run through a brick wall type missions and some of them can be virtually impossible without them. I typed up the thread below 6 months ago, yes, 6 MONTHS AGO. Fluxxx commented that they would look at it, several updates go by and the maps have not been addressed in any way. Nothing has really. I am looking forward to seeing the patch notes as my decision on whether I continue playing the game hugely depend on it.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42726/imbalanced-maps
    Miss grinding with you dude. But I don't miss it here. 😉 Hope you're getting along bud

WellyLugaEngAamie
    @3vilrine who are you JSS'ing?

I'm a survivor, ask anyone who knows me. I survived no man's land, kidney failure, ulcerative Colitis, a GI bleed that almost killed me. So I'm definitely not sweating a petty disagreeing emote on my comment 😂
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    edited September 27
    Yet you're still here playing week after week you lifer 😆🤦
    Too much lifetime and money invested in the game to simply quit. Besides I love to have a procrastination tool available.

Guild Wars, unfortunately, can't be fixed they way it is. It has lots of conceptual flaws and it's doing a huge damage to the game.

It took boredom out of the game, but only to a certain extent.

Tools put a bigger void between f2p and p2w. NML was always pretty good at balancing this.

The time restraint will always be a problem. Be it time zones, availability, etc. One simply cannot schedule life around the game. The planner improved this? Yes. Will it forever be a problem? Yes.

Maps are dark and unbalanced. Can it be fixed? Yes. Does it really matter? No.

There isn't room in the game for a competitive mode that conflicts with Challenges. You either choose or you are set to burnout. 

Challenges are a endless grind that NG simply fools us into thinking it's not.
    Outpost has been completely abandoned and NG does not even bother tweaking values to update it (shame shame shame).
    Distance is very good design. Allows us to enjoy. But the rewards have to be better assigned. Can't be permanent as they are.
    Guild Wars is hell. Demands you burn out resources, asks for your time, gamble gamble gamble all moves because of corners and random spawns, stresses the guild into coordination, stress player by having him fear a loss, fear shame.

I'm not joking when I say Guild Wars can't be fixed. It can't be fixed.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    RiotZappaDanski_46
    Firekid said:
    @brucewayne007 @3vilrine just out of interest if you could get grenades from after mission crates, dailies as well as the free ones each week, and the possibility of getting them in the gold chest in the trade shop. Which mean with normal play you could get between 10-15 grenades and medkits a week would you still want them limited to 1 and 1 in guild war battles? 

Good question mate. 

My answer would still be yes. 
    Whatever a person can carry, from memory we had 1 or 2 in real life in Afghan. And that was not everyone either. I know it’s a Zombie game and not real but I still like an element of realism. 
    I’ll hola you on line. Then you will know who it is k
    I really wish NG did make tools more accessible to people that are F2P and people that do spend not waste out F-ken gold haha just to compete. 

I actually thought NG initially said they would make them available in daily rewards etc. 
    but that dried up real fast haha
    They got rid of it as some people got several grenades while others got none. They changed it so everyone gets 2 of each every week from the shop.
    brucewayne007
    They got rid of it as some people got several grenades while others got none. They changed it so everyone gets 2 of each every week from the shop.
    Yea k. I didn’t realise. 
    I do like that they give everyone within the game 2 each week. 
    But I love the idea of having them in Gold Crates, daily rewards etc. 
    Other avenues then 300 gold 👎🏼
    Superhero
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,310
    I’m going to go out on a limb here and reply with 1 word: 

Beta 😆🤣😏
  • mirmir Member Posts: 168
    It's all terrible. But let's not stop NG from making money. Already for outright mistakes in the game do not give compensation. The whole game is Beta!? It's time to hear and open NG's eyes.
    RiotZappa