Official Thread for Discussing Update 3.10 Sneak Peek - Defenders

Comments

• DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 154
    Thanks NML
  • Jens_KFJens_KF Member Posts: 53
    JayZ said:
    Jens_KF said:
    To me and a lot of top players in my guild (TheLastOfUs) this update is another disaster. With every new update things get much easier and skill is needed less and less. The leaderboard in the challenge is nearly only dependent on money and time.

and now the next update with badges reroll and council upgrade. That basically means that you can kill lvl 50 walkers with nearly all melee toons in one attack. Also with a 5 star Rick. So people who invested lots of money to get 5 pinks, basically wasted their money.

Same thing in GW. 6H will be like a walk in the Park with 28 toons, tools and retries.

i really hope that NG will extend the challenge to 60 or 70 until nightmare starts, while skipping the .1 and .2, so you can reach high levels fast.
    In GW they should increase the highest difficulty to 47 or even 48, in my opinion. There have to be some differentiators again to find out, who is the best player.
    No way man. How does extending the challenge to level 60 or 70 make the game any less dependent on money or time? If anything, it makes the game more dependent on being able to get gas boosters, heal with gold, replay maps until you get a favorable spawn, etc. How many of the MM50+ maps require a lot of skill? Most of them are replay until you get the right spawn, hope your Bruisers stun, hope your Assaults charge, and run for the exit. The ones where you build stun walls and set fires can last 30+ minutes.

I understand where you are coming from. I personally enjoy skill-based maps too. That's why I like GW so much, and certain levels like Through The Wire or any map with a Beta/Rick/Daryl team where you can win by being careful and smart. But extending the challenge is NOT the solution to differentiating the skill levels of players.

Ok. For a big amount of lvl 50 maps, it is true. But still it doesn’t make sense to me that the challenge is either playable forever or stopping for all on the same level.
    And with lvl 28 survivors, I am sure we can use the same tactics on 49/50 as on 45. Just look at where we stopped with lvl 26 survivors and what big step was made with the one level. (Ok, rerolls have their share here)

like above, midlevel players always complain if we write things like that, as they think we want to make it harder for them. But all I want is the same as they have: To stop the Challenge according to the skill level.
    Pic
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,013
    Jens_KF said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Jens_KF said:
    To me and a lot of top players in my guild (TheLastOfUs) this update is another disaster. With every new update things get much easier and skill is needed less and less. The leaderboard in the challenge is nearly only dependent on money and time.

and now the next update with badges reroll and council upgrade. That basically means that you can kill lvl 50 walkers with nearly all melee toons in one attack. Also with a 5 star Rick. So people who invested lots of money to get 5 pinks, basically wasted their money.

Same thing in GW. 6H will be like a walk in the Park with 28 toons, tools and retries.

i really hope that NG will extend the challenge to 60 or 70 until nightmare starts, while skipping the .1 and .2, so you can reach high levels fast.
    In GW they should increase the highest difficulty to 47 or even 48, in my opinion. There have to be some differentiators again to find out, who is the best player.
    Are GW start levels not determined by your council/survivor level anyway? Perhaps they will go up when you level up. Who knows, in any case we were much overdue a council update and not everyone is a lunatic who likes to clear 6H :wink:
    6H is the most fun in the whole game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    We will agree to disagree on that one. In my experience there is nothing fun about 6H :lol:
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Jens_KF said:
    JayZ said:
    Jens_KF said:

No way man. How does extending the challenge to level 60 or 70 make the game any less dependent on money or time? If anything, it makes the game more dependent on being able to get gas boosters, heal with gold, replay maps until you get a favorable spawn, etc. How many of the MM50+ maps require a lot of skill? Most of them are replay until you get the right spawn, hope your Bruisers stun, hope your Assaults charge, and run for the exit. The ones where you build stun walls and set fires can last 30+ minutes.

I understand where you are coming from. I personally enjoy skill-based maps too. That's why I like GW so much, and certain levels like Through The Wire or any map with a Beta/Rick/Daryl team where you can win by being careful and smart. But extending the challenge is NOT the solution to differentiating the skill levels of players.

Ok. For a big amount of lvl 50 maps, it is true. But still it doesn’t make sense to me that the challenge is either playable forever or stopping for all on the same level.
    And with lvl 28 survivors, I am sure we can use the same tactics on 49/50 as on 45. Just look at where we stopped with lvl 26 survivors and what big step was made with the one level. (Ok, rerolls have their share here)

like above, midlevel players always complain if we write things like that, as they think we want to make it harder for them. But all I want is the same as they have: To stop the Challenge according to the skill level.
    I would argue a lot of things made a difference... reroll tokens, overpowered special weapons (golden assault rifle, harpoon gun, etc.), public information on how to create "perfect" badges, new heroes, etc.

I guess I just don't think adding levels will make a big difference. Levels 52-60 will probably all be the same because you will struggle in one-shot no matter what, not be able to kill walkers except with fire, etc.

I know I'm crapping on your suggestion, but I don't have a better idea other than totally redesigning maps. I'm okay with the challenge as is, it is a necessary part of the game but will never be my favorite. GW is where I really think player skill and teamwork shines (except for this new red gas replay nonsense).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    JankelGovernatorSuperheroPic
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 149
    I just thought of something... next update will probably be in December and the next map set will have an outside theme... are you guys planning on making a winter themed map set with our map ideas? @Fluxxx

That’s something I’d really like to see!
    XeRo
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 123
    @Artminius though we must share the spotlight, we do so in fine company indeed!

Congratulations to all the finalists of Dream Challenge Pt. 1:
    @Artminius
    @JordanYuki
    @Carly
    @Aretemis
    @XeRo
    and to Dave Chen (couldn't confirm your handle on the forum but if you don't happen to read this please would any guildmates extend my congratulations in your guild chat for me!  ty!)

As Fluxxx mentioned, this is the indoor-themed mapset and hopefully there will be many more sets to come!  This is just part 1 and that they'd be doing more in future and i'm looking forward to seeing those as well because the forums came out of the woodwork with tons of really creative ideas and amazing efforts and there are many other great map designs submitted that need to get their time in the spotlight. 

Special shout out to @Verdao1914 because if this mapset is indoor-themed, then next one might logically be the outdoor themed!  And if so, then your map "Sacrifice" will be a shoe-in for number one slot!  Of all maps submitted it's my personal favorite and the one which i think would be the most fun to play and i am fully confident that we'll see it in game soon!

Thanks again to NG for the contest and the opportunity you gave us all to bring our ideas to reality. 

P.S. @Fluxxx for the weapon of choice - do we have the choice of the traits on said weapon or does it have to match specifically to one offered already in game?  For example, i'd love a scout spear with silver swift strike, gold threat redux and gold razor...  but my general guess is that it'd be too OP and unfair to not offer that weapon to be available in game to any other player. 

CarlyXeRoVerdao1914
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 149

@Artminius
    @JordanYuki
    @Carly
    @Aretemis
    @XeRo
    and to Dave Chen (couldn't confirm your handle on the forum but if you don't happen to read this please would any guildmates extend my congratulations in your guild chat for me!  ty!)

As Fluxxx mentioned, this is the indoor-themed mapset and hopefully there will be many more sets to come!  This is just part 1 and that they'd be doing more in future and i'm looking forward to seeing those as well because the forums came out of the woodwork with tons of really creative ideas and amazing efforts and there are many other great map designs submitted that need to get their time in the spotlight. 

Special shout out to @Verdao1914 because if this mapset is indoor-themed, then next one might logically be the outdoor themed!  And if so, then your map "Sacrifice" will be a shoe-in for number one slot!  Of all maps submitted it's my personal favorite and the one which i think would be the most fun to play and i am fully confident that we'll see it in game soon!

Thanks again to NG for the contest and the opportunity you gave us all to bring our ideas to reality. 

P.S. @Fluxxx for the weapon of choice - do we have the choice of the traits on said weapon or does it have to match specifically to one offered already in game?  For example, i'd love a scout spear with silver swift strike, gold threat redux and gold razor...  but my general guess is that it'd be too OP and unfair to not offer that weapon to be available in game to any other player. 

Thanks! Congratulations to you too! 😁
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,832
    @LootHoarder yes indeed! Congratulations to you and all the other winners as well! It was a fun community event for players and there were a lot of good maps ideas submitted. I'm looking forward to playing these maps!

And thanks to those at NG behind this community event and for voting my idea as one of the winning maps.  :)
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
    JordanYukiVerdao1914
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    The question is this:
    Does it take gold to replay GW missions?
    Because our heroes have died.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    edited October 2020
    m4s said:
    The question is this:
    No. Not with red gas. Fluxxx show how it works in the sneak peak. There's no place you can use gold.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Karajocadalmer
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2020
    Deleted.
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 565
    Karajoca said:
    I'll just comment most discussed part of update and that is GW, retry mission and use of Red Gas. 
    I must say i don't like we will see red gas again, i think when it was 1st introduced it was the worst addition ever to this game, and i was against any compensation mentioned earlier just because i knew something like this can happen. 
    At same time, we get to replay missions, something i adressed and wanted to happen but i wanted one or few replays per player allowed, not for every mission and not by "paying" with red gas.

But let's look some positives. 
    Do-over mission will help and improve gameplay of many users. 
    It will reduce the stress of failure, relax, knowing you can afford defeat. 
    Bugs, fingerslip, real life disruption while you play are covered now too. 

However, re-do mission and fail again, will be very stressful now and can very likely decide winner. And that will happen to players, repeating once doesn't garantee you will do it. So, i still see skills are important even with this addition. Battles will just be more even and one fail can mean defeat

But, hey, After all, this is "beta" version so let's try it for one season, can't be that bad, right? 

I think there is one important thing that i hope can be solved and that is bringing back "hero of the week" and points for using them to count in GW. This will help battles to be less predictable and not just pure calculation game. 
    It also add skills to game, because not everyone can use Ezequiel, Jerry, etc. in this mode. 
    I did like the idea of having a select hero. 
    Not sure why they stopped it
    made it very strategical playing with them but yet not too harder missions to get caught out and die. 
    Was there word why that was stopped?
    Sarge_
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    It was causing major scoring discrepancies when they were used. 
    brucewayne007
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 113
    OK so far so good. Lets see if the repurposement of red gas is that good but overall looking forwatd to seeing
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    Paste said:
    m4s said:
    The question is this:
    No. Not with red gas. Fluxxx show how it works in the sneak peak. There's no place you can use gold.
    Antoher factor for motetisation
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2020
    I find this really funny indeed...for all the complaints about GW and the grenade, NG came up with an update which not only didn't solve the GW and grenade issue, but make use of the red gas by forcing you to use them to redo failed GW missions. This means you finally get to use your red gas, spend more cash to buy more grenades and participate in more GW in which the leadership board will be affected by red fart.

It's a win for NG but a loss to players who complained and those who bought the red gas. The red gas should be exchanged with something of equal value, not 'a ticket back to a movie you have just watched'. Also, the '4th weapon trait' and 'reroll badges with increasing cost' are obvious money traps. Might as well make all equipment with 5 traits, similar to heroes. 

I do like the new Challenge maps. Let's see if their 'quality of life' improvements involve money traps as well.

RiotZappa
  • XeRoXeRo Member Posts: 103

@Artminius
    @JordanYuki
    @Carly
    @Aretemis
    @XeRo

Wow!! Tnxs! 
    And I am so thankful that they chose my little hell and I hope everyone has fun in it :-)

#JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
    JordanYuki3vilrine
  • XeRoXeRo Member Posts: 103
    And did the winners receive the prize when the update comes out?

#JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 623
    I acquired so much red gas, for this repurpose it would take me forever to use it all!    :#
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 45
    Nice try NG, but i don't fail in GW.  :D So can i change the red gas to phones or gold. Please. 
    ghost_pepper3vilrineShadowWalker
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 318
    Using Red Gas should also heal last 3 heroes! :)
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 268
    Billbam said:
    NNNOOOOOO no snow hahaha

Why not?

• 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    Superhero said:
    Billbam said:
    NNNOOOOOO no snow hahaha

Why not?

Because you need a good pair of these:

:wink:
    Paste
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,143
    I like most of the things except the changes in GW. The replay is just put becouse this forum is filled with spoiled millenials that havent learned that loosing is part of competition. BUHU I LOST!! FLUXX U NEED TO MAKE THE GAME SO WE GET SECOND CHANCE. MY GUILD IS DISSAPOINTED IN ME!!! Seriously wtf?!
    I am 66 years old so hardly a millennial and I was stumping for a mulligan from the start.  The ability to replay a mission will be very helpful in taking the stress out of the game for so many players who don't take this game mode as seriously as the hardcore players, and my guess is that is far more than hardcore based on my experience in a 15 guild family.  Now that said the current setup of unlimited replays without penalty is way over the top, I would much prefer it limited to 2 or 3 per battle.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

PasteWellyLuga
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    Red gas replays just killed this update. No reason for me to push in GW. Like @JayZ said or something like it needs to be 1 replay per person Per war. I honestly think there should be no replays. 
    TCBRITOPic
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,013
    edited October 2020
    The red gas for replays reminds me of the tools update. Nice idea in principal and I'm fine with it being in the game, just needs toning down a little. Remember when grenades did 50%, only added 1 threat and you could pay 70 gold mid-mission before they dialled it back. 

Something similar needs to happen here too, there should be a limit. I'm happy we get the chance here and there. The stress of failing a mission because of a finger slip or razor not working once can be avoided.
    [Deleted User]jimmorrison369