Official Thread for Discussing Update 3.10 Sneak Peek - Defenders

Comments

• rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    @TransmuteJun. I have no badges. Just did 39mm boss man with HDDaryl michone and Jesus for 3 stars. I can put video up if want. To repeat that is no badges using Daryl knife and 2 dragon tongues.  Honestly one wrong move would of killed me need to really see what is best moves.  I have max level toons. 
    Karajoca
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 70
    Let's see ... I have several questions about the update ...
    The new shield will be
    its use as favorable as many believe? It raises doubts regarding the use of a tactical spear (if it moves them a space away, it takes away the possibility of attacking in place and moving).
    The assault weapon does not generate threat, it seems to me that it takes a lot of strategy to be able to stop each class of walker.
    Being able to change bonuses and badge sectors? Since thanks to the new weapons they are not as necessary, it would be better to remove certain bonuses and make the gold ones can be created descendingly (a 15% gold badge is an insult considering how long it takes to collect components)
    Can the shots from certain weapons get through metallic walkers and hit others? The reason for this is to use Sasha more in war. This confirms what I have been commenting on, the war mode will be the main one. This is clearly seen in the latest challenge maps which are super easy. Unfortunately it transforms this further into a PTW.
    In war I have finished levels 43 without using grenades or kits, and with the red gas that other players who spend excessive money can repeat it seems unfair to the community. MOST PLAYERS DO NOT SPEND THAT MANY AMOUNTS OF MONEY, AND WILL LEAVE THE GAME IF THE GAP BECOMES WIDER. SUPPORTING THIS NG STRATEGY WILL END THE GAME, BECAUSE THE NUMBER OF COMPETITORS WILL DOWN A LOT !!!
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 70
    The new shield will be
    its use as favorable as many believe? It raises doubts regarding the use of a tactical spear (if it moves them a space away, it takes away the possibility of attacking in place and moving).
    The assault weapon does not generate threat, it seems to me that it takes a lot of strategy to be able to stop each class of walker.
    Being able to change bonuses and badge sectors? Since thanks to the new weapons they are not as necessary, it would be better to remove certain bonuses and make the gold ones can be created descendingly (a 15% gold badge is an insult considering how long it takes to collect components)
    Can the shots from certain weapons get through metallic walkers and hit others? The reason for this is to use Sasha more in war. This confirms what I have been commenting on, the war mode will be the main one. This is clearly seen in the latest challenge maps which are super easy. Unfortunately it transforms this further into a PTW.
    In war I have finished levels 43 without using grenades or kits, and with the red gas that other players who spend excessive money can repeat it seems unfair to the community. MOST PLAYERS DO NOT SPEND THAT MANY AMOUNTS OF MONEY, AND WILL LEAVE THE GAME IF THE GAP BECOMES WIDER. SUPPORTING THIS NG STRATEGY WILL END THE GAME, BECAUSE THE NUMBER OF COMPETITORS WILL DOWN A LOT !!!
    Crocodile3vilrineVladimir_Top
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    edited October 4
    I like the GW gas thing. Let’s me play more. Which is all I care to do. Play more GW. Let it play out for a few wars. Heck some of us got hundreds of GW gas so we should be able to do what we please until then. As long as it has taken this beta wars let the GW gas take the same amount of time. We paid for the gas let us use it as much as we want since that’s what it allowed us to do in the first place. Just that dang timer prevented us from playing more. 
    Pic
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    Hellnight said:
    The new shield will be
    The left/center thing with the shield means there may be the option now to use daryl knife on rick to attack then follow up with shield hit, when previously only spear was possible. If so, this may mean a new possibility for threat reduction.

The crafting change has the potential to be both amazingly efficient and wonderful or also a dark tunnel of despair and loss. Depends on how it is used. I suggest don't touch this untill the crafting community goves it a good look to check for blind corners and land mines.
    zombieornottobeJankel
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 602
    Once the GW defenders are saved, will their gear be removable or do we have to keep it on them always like outposts? 
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 673
    edited October 5
    Steeboon said:
    Once the GW defenders are saved, will their gear be removable or do we have to keep it on them always like outposts? 
    when you press Save and Exit button you can do whatever you want whit this survivors and they equipment 
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    PasteSteeboonmirShadowWalker
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 577
    This video by TRUFA explains/confirms what Crocodile just said :
    Steeboonzombieornottobe
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 18
    1) GW defenders.  Is it same as outpost defenders?  i.e. can't be chosen in GW?
    2) What if we get less, say half RP & VP, after use red gas?

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,852
    @find2046

DEFENDERS

Set up three different teams, as well as their equipment for your Guild Wars defence. 

When the defence is set up and saved, the game will take a snapshot of the teams to be used in Guild Wars. 

This means that any changes to the survivors used in your teams, such as trait rerolls and upgrades, or equipment changes will not apply to the defence unless they are saved again, so you are free to play them and change their equipment as normal.

find2046mir
  • mirmir Member Posts: 168
    Hey guys !! Stop shouting so loudly about red gas , or they'll hear you) . NG - gave you a new idea, try it out and enjoy the fact that the first time you can try to pass without grenades, which means it's cheaper , but if everything went wrong, you can always go back and throw a grenade. Everyone should understand, we have been given new game conditions, fight or stand and cry side!  There will be winners and losers in this war - decide where you will be!  Amen
    Paste3vilrinemiori199373cyclon98dalmerJayZTCBRITOzombieornottobeIcePeter
    Here they are, constantly not happy), relax guys, play fun! 
    miori199373dalmer
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 682
    3vilrine said:
    Guild War missions replaying needs a % of the VP as punishment. That the team that replayed less, still is the favorite team to win.
    Fully agree. Maybe 25% less points. Then it would be a small cost but still enough to decide in a tight fight.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    JankelM3MTCBRITO
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 673
    edited October 5
    any less VP for repeating mission will be a nightmare for guild strategists, because it will be more difficult to calculate which locations on the map the opponent has passed

I'm like it
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    KarajocaDanski_46brucewayne007
    There will definitely be changes, this is still the first casting by the decision of red gas.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 577
    Crocodile said:
    any less VP for repeating mission will be a nightmare for guild strategists, because it will be more difficult to calculate which locations on the map the opponent has passed
    Maybe then guild strategist can give up trying it and get more sleep ;)
    CrocodileShadowWalkerghost_pepperzombieornottobe
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 60
    JayZ said:
    mir said:
    Here they are, constantly not happy), relax guys, play fun! 
    Hey guys !! Stop shouting so loudly about red gas , or they'll hear you) . NG - gave you a new idea, try it out and enjoy the fact that the first time you can try to pass without grenades, which means it's cheaper , but if everything went wrong, you can always go back and throw a grenade. Everyone should understand, we have been given new game conditions, fight or stand and cry side!  There will be winners and losers in this war - decide where you will be!  Amen

Posts like this annoy the hell out of me.  People are allowed to react how they want to the update and the repurposing of red gas. The game wouldn’t be where it is today without the people who provide NG with thoughtful and useful feedback.
    Do agree. It's okay to just stay calm and enjoy games. 
    But please don't tell others to shut up as all the benefits and good changes you're equally enjoying without costs were what they paid for on behalf of you.
    ghost_pepperJayZTCBRITOPaste
    It's annoying that you haven't tried it yet and already refuse at the top of your voice, like children.  No one forces you to be silent, talk about it forever, but you can only say it constructively and 100% confidently when you try it.  This is what I said when I posted the first post.  There may be a translation problem, but be calm, everything will be fine ))
    Crocodilemiori199373JayZTCBRITOPastecyclon98Loewe1968
  • MazapégulMazapégul Member Posts: 10
    When will the update be online?

JayZ said:
    mir said:

It's annoying that you haven't tried it yet and already refuse at the top of your voice, like children.  No one forces you to be silent, talk about it forever, but you can only say it constructively and 100% confidently when you try it.  This is what I said when I posted the first post.  There may be a translation problem, but be calm, everything will be fine ))
    No, it's not a translation problem. I understand perfectly what you're saying, and I think it's stupid.

Imagine if this same logic applied in real life. Let's say a company wants to use an advertisement that is racist and offensive, or a government passes a law that makes it more difficult for its citizens to get certain healthcare services, or as an extreme example, a country wants to go to war with another country. Should we "wait and try it first and see what happens"? Or should reasonable people try to intervene and offer feedback?

Back to the game: I can tell you from personal experience behind the scenes, if NG simply implemented updates without feedback from experienced players, the game would be a whole lot shittier. That is not meant to be an insult to NG - like all of us, they are not perfect - but they've been doing a great job of working with players to improve the game. You get to enjoy updates that generally have useful and good features because of the people that proactively contribute. So why don't you enjoy the update, and stop bitching at people for having the capacity to think through things.
    What happiness that red gas is not racism and not medical reform ))And Yes, the World does not spin around you, you are calling for an uprising on red gas))) (so write it out) , and I don't call at all. Feel the difference ?  The whole branch is just talking about it, Oh my God , how are we going to play now, the game is broken, There is no balance , how to win now, and so on. It will be as it is until a couple of months have passed , I assure you.  After we try it, everyone will draw conclusions , including NG. And now it's all blah blah blah - but it's not forbidden :)).  p/s I can assure you you are not the only one who contributes to the development of this game, rest assured , you are not alone ;) we are always there, there are many of us!  Love - appreciate and respect, but please , for less serious - this is a game ;)
    ShadowWalkerPastemiori199373dalmer3vilrine
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    I understand perfectly what you're saying, and I think it's stupid.

Let's say a company wants to use an advertisement that is racist and ...
    If something is stupid, this analogy for sure.
    ShadowWalker
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    mir said:
    It will be as it is until a couple of months have passed , I assure you.

Red gas will stay, but coud be altered. (e.g. amount of points for repeated mission, cost, number of tries) The same was with Tools, so quick and strong response from community matters.
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 181
    Fluxxx said:
    Latest additions to the notes

Building upgrade timers and costs are reduced
    • The maximum upgrade time reduced from 48 hours to 24 hours
    • Most upgrade timers and costs have been reduced by 40%-60%, depending on different levels
    • Latest Council, Workshop, and Training Ground upgrades cost 13 million supplies
    • Latest Radio Tent upgrade costs 10 million supplies
    Survivor and Equipment upgrade timers reduced 
    • Equipment and Survivor upgrade timers reduced by approximately 30%
    • Max Equipment upgrade time is 14 hours
    • Max Survivor upgrade time is 16 hours
    • Gold costs of skipping the upgrade remain the same

Great news, but where is the hook?

This update looks too good to be true  :D
    cyclon98mirDeathwish19
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 223
    We have provided many suggestions and this is what they decided. Barring last second changes that would likely delay the release, we’ll play under the new conditions and give more feedback based on experience rather than expectations, which they’ll consider in the future. Considering they HAVE made pre-release changes based on our preview feedback (deadly spike traits), there can be a point to our pre-emptive whining, although we totally screwed that one up.
    JordanYukimarroba2000mirKarajoca
  • Da_Dao_MedveDDa_Dao_MedveD Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone, guys, please remind me, in the company to get the new weapon Daryl's Assault Rifle and Spiked Kingdom Shield at level 28 at once, I need to have time to pump 1 Assault and 1 Bruiser to level 28?
    Steeboon
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 142
    Hello everyone, guys, please remind me, in the company to get the new weapon Daryl's Assault Rifle and Spiked Kingdom Shield at level 28 at once, I need to have time to pump 1 Assault and 1 Bruiser to level 28?
    Right. Before you claim the equipment from campain, you need 1 bruiser and 1 assault @ level 28.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Da_Dao_MedveD3vilrineFOEzombieornottobe