Official 3.10 Defenders Update Notes Discussion Thread

Comments

• DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 150
    Sooo hyped 😱😱😱
    A big thanks @Fluxxx for keeping our favourite game updated 👍
    3vilrineDanski_46zombieornottobeDeathwish19
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,753
    edited October 2020
    I’m confused by the walker type pools for guild wars? Is there a typo in there? “If spikes aren’t in the pool for forest maps they cannot appear in junkyard?”

Edit- Just had confirmation it is a typo and is now fixed in the notes. 
    PasteDanski_46
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 361
    Yeah pretty sure it's a typo
    Paste
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 244
    So many cool new stuff and improvements, so I’m very happy with this update. A lot of what was denounced or hoped for by the community was implemented. There’s not much to complain about. ;)

Danski_46zombieornottobeDeathwish19
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    Kudos NG, this is looking like a great update 👍
    3vilrine
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 717
    I'm digging the new fast walker shorts!
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Danski_46ShadowWalkerGovernator
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Of course now TDog is a game changer he won’t make the special call 
    3vilrineXeRo
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 255
    Congrats to NG and @Fluxxx for listening and reporting the information for the improvement of the game from the community, certainly not an easy job. The roles of Guild Leader, Co-Leader, Elder are now perfect and well defined, in addition to weapon improvements, GW and new mapsets. Perhaps one of the best updates ever..
    3vilrineDanski_46Deathwish19
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 222
    Oh, i'm going to love seeing those stunned raiders being lunch.  :D

They have it coming.  >:)

Looks like some nice and interesting additions and improvements.

With the addition of fast walkers to GW I do sincerely hope NG improved the darkness in sanctuary maps, defined the corners and objects better and removed the "invisible object blocking the path"-bugs entirely so we can accurately judge the path those buggers will take.

Otherwise they will very quickly become very annoying.
    Danski_46zombieornottobeBurmeliinis
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2020
    Everything looks solid!

Are "infused" traits the same thing as "special functionality", just with sexy red text? Are they new mechanics for the weapon, or simply extra stats added to regular weapon traits?

Speaking of special functionality, it would be cool if those weren't baked into specific weapons, but were a badge or gadget you can move between them. Some of my "best" weapons have duplicates (like having two winter bows) thanks to guild wars, it would be nice if I could, just for flavor, move the winter bow functionality on some other weapon for the same class, so I could have one shooter with a bow and another with a pistol, for example. Likewise I really like the functionality of one of the christmassy weapons, but the string of lights on them gets old.

Finally, can we ban Carl from defender groups? He's going to be the obligatory leader for every group otherwise, because his talent is both overpowered and broken - tell me it's by design that survivors can ride out critical attacks from all three attackers in one round. If it truly only worked once ever per defender per encounter, I would have a lot less problem with it.

• JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2020
    Deleted
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @Fluxxx Could you provide a little more info with regards to badge reroll mechanics?

For example, if I have a badge in slot 1, and reroll it and get it in slot 3, but I'm still not satisfied with the slot and reroll again, is there a possibilty that I can get it in slot 1 again or is slot 1 out of the pool of possibilities?

Thanks!
    TCBRITOghost_pepper
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 139
    Salut @Fluxxx j'ai une petite question concernant les Z rapide.

Le Riposte fonctionne à chaque fois il ce font attaquer ? Si j'attaque une 1 ère fois avec un cogneur le Z rapide riposte, et j'attaque avec un autre cogneur le Z rapide va encore riposter ?

Parce que nous quand ont ce fait attaquer par des multiple Z le riposte ce déclenche seulement 1 fois.
    reekookr
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 920
    @Fluxxx Could you confirm that the GW map will not be changed in Season 6 this was not in the announcement and patch notes
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 212
    Crocodile said:
    @Fluxxx Could you confirm that the GW map will not be changed in Season 6 this was not in the announcement and patch notes
    Good Question
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 108
    Looks great so far!!
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 537
    It's really nice to see things I've advocated for all year come into being like removal of low quality items from mission chests at mid and end game play and adjusting down the building upgrade costs. These new numbers "feel" correct when i read them. Still a grind to grow but now a whole lot less mind numbingly painful. 

I like that the newest heros have had their tokens added into the TG shop rotation. Could you please weight them in the shop rotation? @zbot and @fluxxx we've had Ezekiel and Jerry on rotation for so long now it would be nice if in the total rotation of hero tokens the new heros Alpha, Beta, Shane, Tdogg and the reworks of Pizza Glenn and Shooter Rick had twice as much chance of popping up in the randomized token offering as the existing long time heros.

I bought nearly 2k tokens this way, slowly 4 at a time, to unlock and develop to 5 traits Rufus. It takes an absurdly long time. I don't think you have to worry about balance. Keep it this way for 5 or 6 months so it's fun for players to feel like their new heros are going somewhere, then even it back out.
    zombieornottobe
  • EsmeeEsmee Member Posts: 7
    @Fluxxx

I thought you wouldn’t get any 1* 2* 3* equipment anymore.. but still getting them unfortunately..
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,058
    edited October 2020
    Esmee said:
    @Fluxxx

I thought you wouldn’t get any 1* 2* 3* equipment anymore.. but still getting them unfortunately..
    Could you confirm you're doing missions of level 18 or higher? 
    Another thing is that if you're doing equipment scavenge missions, you can still get 1-3* weapons.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    That wasn't specified in the update notes @Fluxxx
    NezoTimboskiPardusKyrus
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 240
    Danski_46 said:
    That wasn't specified in the update notes @Fluxxx

But you could had think of it, as they wrote from missions af level 18 and higher, that this works just on challenge mode.
  • tbdbitltbdbitl Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2020
    Wow! Basic rule of programming:
    Don’t break things that aren’t broken!

refresh issues when choosing/swapping mission team members. Have to “x” out and come back in to see change.

and when I change weapons on survivors the whole screen gets garbaged and have to completely restart game. 

iPhone iOS 13
    rebooted—same
    offloaded/reinstalled—same
    delete app/reinstalled—same
    Timboski
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 717
    Only way to not break things is to not change them. It looks like they needed more time for this release though, and more testing.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89