Badge rerolls

Not sure if this is already posted somewhere, but are badge rerolls like skill rerolls where you cant get the same results back to back?  so if I'm changing the location, will it go through all 6 positions within 6 rolls or could it just do the same position over and over?

Best Answer

Answers

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2020
    Not sure, but with survivor skill rerolls only ..edit.. exclude the last rolled one.

Wouldn't get my hopes up...
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 156
    edited October 2020
    Fluxxx said:
    You can't get the same result that you just had with badge rerolls. If your badge is on slot 1, you can't reroll to slot 1 again in the next reroll. But once you reroll to, let's say slot 2, the next reroll could be slot 1 again.

lol, that makes badge reroll to a token burner. It is possible to reroll 50 times and you haven't the result you want. Thx NG! >:)

Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Danski_46RiotZappaPardus
    edited October 2020
    Novell said:

lol, that makes badge reroll to a token burner. It is possible to reroll 50 times and you haven't the result you want. Thx NG! >:)

Well actually. 0.00006% that it takes more than 50 rerolls.
    So statistics say no. That number means: for every 1 in 1.6 million badges that could happen.

But yeah,
    There is 1.1% it takes more than 16 rerolls.
    (This will obviously take incredible amounts of tokens...)
    There is 11% it takes  more than 8 rerolls.
    There is 45% it takes more than 3 rerolls.

You'll be much better of when you accept 2 possible good positions.
    There is 0.94% it takes more than 7 rerolls
    There is 7.5% it takes more than 4 rerolls
    There is 30% it takes more than 2 rerolls

Even better when you accept 3 possible good positions.
    There is 0.63% it takes more than 4 rerolls.
    There is 10% it takes more than 2 rerolls.
    There is 40% it takes more than 1 reroll.

If you accept 2 or more possible directions. Then the the system is reasonable.
    For me, I have a lot of badges clumping in 1 direction or group. I'll be happy to change them with the new system to anything else.

DON'T EXPECT TO FULLY GET SHAPE AND DIRECTION TO BECOME EXACTLY SPECIFIC!
    That will cost you tremendously!

• Adamski316Adamski316 Member Posts: 62
    I think, I have burned enough tokens on the badge rerolls.  Unless rule is introduced where reroll options cannot repeat themselves, I will abstain from any further badge rerolls. 

Danski_46
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,687
    @Adamski316 what were you rerolling? What were you hoping for? What did you get? I haven’t done any yet and would love to hear your experience of it. 
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 156
    Novell said:

Well actually. 0.00006% that it takes more than 50 rerolls.
    So statistics say no. That number means: for every 1 in 1.6 million badges that could happen.

But yeah,
    There is 1.1% it takes more than 16 rerolls.
    (This will obviously take incredible amounts of tokens...)
    There is 11% it takes  more than 8 rerolls.
    There is 45% it takes more than 3 rerolls.

You'll be much better of when you accept 2 possible good positions.
    There is 0.94% it takes more than 7 rerolls
    There is 7.5% it takes more than 4 rerolls
    There is 30% it takes more than 2 rerolls

Even better when you accept 3 possible good positions.
    There is 0.63% it takes more than 4 rerolls.
    There is 10% it takes more than 2 rerolls.
    There is 40% it takes more than 1 reroll.

If you accept 2 or more possible directions. Then the the system is reasonable.
    For me, I have a lot of badges clumping in 1 direction or group. I'll be happy to change them with the new system to anything else.

DON'T EXPECT TO FULLY GET SHAPE AND DIRECTION TO BECOME EXACTLY SPECIFIC!
    That will cost you tremendously!

Take a look at badge conditions. Not sure how many there are, maybe 40. So bring your math on that. I want ruthless, and every roll you can get one of the 40 conditions. Good luck!

Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    jimmorrison369
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 270
    I think, I have burned enough tokens on the badge rerolls.  Unless rule is introduced where reroll options cannot repeat themselves, I will abstain from any further badge rerolls. 

This randomness has to change or the badge rerolls will be used about as much as non-hero warriors.  This design just was not well thought out.

If you don't want to keep track of previous rerolls, here is an easy idea   How about giving a badge slot reroll at least a 50% chance to advance to the next numerical slot?  You could do the same kind of thing for sets too.

Badge condition rerolls need more help, since the chances of something decent from the result is very, very low.  Maybe the player can choose from 3 result conditions, one hero condition, one trait condition, and one teammate condition.

ING thought the badge reroll redesign would spur some reroll token purchases.  The present design is not going to do that in any meaningful way.  The progressive increase in the cost gives another reason for players not to invest in reroll tokens.

The badge reroll slot machine needs better odds or very few people are going to feed it dollars.
    Danski_46Novell
    @Novell

Don't like those odds.

Funny enough I've changed defensive chance on one of my damage reduction badges, and got Luck on my second try.

But yeah, hell no. 
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 250
    First of all the reroll for slot and set works fine, but still kinda expensive.
    Reroll the bonus however is complete bull, it is way to expensive for such a low chance.Either make reroll bonus alot cheaper or remove the option.
    Novell
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 629
    euchid said:
    Either make reroll bonus alot cheaper or remove the option.
    LOL. Why? I also think it's expensive, but I'd much rather keep the option to reroll the bonus. It's the only thing that can make the badge objectively better.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 410
    I think he's saying that because the way it's setup is shockingly against player use compared to the other two when rerolling slot or set.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 629
    If you have legendary components with maxed effect, but mismatching bonus, and you're looking to improve your already very good sets of lower effect but matching bonuses there's a value in having this option. Otherwise probably not.
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 286
    Slot machine
    i did 1 trying to change Ruthless on a health badge
    They gave me Bulletdodge 
    so I went again
    they game me back Ruthless Hahahah 

unreal
    but it happens
    just my 1 go
    Novell
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,687
    Or just don’t reroll the bonus condition. Don’t see why they have to remove it? 
    Paste