advancing levels only levels up zombies

Maybe it's my imagination, but in all the years of gaming, I have not noticed this to the degree it is in NML.  Anytime you level up anything (e.g. weapons shop, etc) you actually just level up the zombie level first.  Then you have to grind out experience to catch up.   Use to be I was excited to level up, but now I dread it at the same time.  
ZetteTimboskiAngelspitmiori199373Hershal

Comments

• ZetteZette Member Posts: 416
    I know what u mean. I'm still hanging in there but it's like running on a treadmill...u keep going but not really getting anywhere. I like the friendships I've made in here. That keeps me going when I probably would've quit already if it weren't for my team. But I am enjoying gw's and the teamwork and conversations that it brings! Good luck and still try to have fun with it!
    TimboskiwmsDeathwish19miori199373
  • nufannufan Member Posts: 39
    is it better not to upgrade heroes? and for instance to work essentially on badges and weapons to max their stats without increasing level?
    wms
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,346
    I like to level up my gear first with Reinforcement Tokens so when they step out of the Training Grounds, they have max gear waiting for them. It makes it easier to take on the extra walker level. So, I never dread a Council increase. 
    wmsZetteAngelspit
  • wmswms Member Posts: 75
    Once again Governator you have helped. Great plan. Wish I had thought of that. Leveling up gear and weapons during this 5 sec event. In future will try your recommendation. 
    ZetteGovernatorrhammonds29miori199373
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 416
    I started upgrading equipment 1st this time too. But I can't resist upgrading my peeps too. But by doing this, as soon as upgraded just 1 person, it increased scavenge lvl by 1. Now that it's already increased, I'll be in full upgrade mode! I just can't resist the temptation...lol!
    Governator
  • rhammonds29rhammonds29 Member Posts: 2
    wms said:
    Once again Governator you have helped. Great plan. Wish I had thought of that. Leveling up gear and weapons during this 5 sec event. In future will try your recommendation. 

• AlexKomAlexKom Member Posts: 69
    wms said:
    Maybe it's my imagination, but in all the years of gaming, I have not noticed this to the degree it is in NML.  Anytime you level up anything (e.g. weapons shop, etc) you actually just level up the zombie level first.  Then you have to grind out experience to catch up.   Use to be I was excited to level up, but now I dread it at the same time.  
    I agree with you friend. Many high level players keep leaving the game. There is a reason for this.
    miori199373mir
    @FluxxxI wanted to share my observations. They agree with the observations of many players. We want to make the game better and let you make more money. There is a problem with increasing the survival rate. As the level of survivors and equipment increases, the level of zombies increases. At the same time, the increase in damage and health is very small (even when moving from the 27th to the 28th level) compared to the increase in the health of zombies and their blows. There is also a new problem. At certain levels + 10 + 11, zombies stop being stunned by bruisers and are not killed by blows. At levels approximately + 12 + 13 + 14, everything is restored. It doesn't look very correct. Many players have noticed this. They believe that in this way the game makes you buy more weapons and grenades. It is imperative to fix this, like the first problem. This was not the case before.
    miori199373mirwms
    If the first problem is not solved, then many players will leave the game. The other part of the players will not go to the maximum levels. This will prevent them from making money selling tokens and equipment they would buy to level up. If the second problem is not solved, then many players will also consider themselves cheated and may also leave the game.
    miori199373mir
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,862
    This is only a problem because of Guild Wars, keep complaining about it and Guild Wars will go away

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

wms
    What.  Without the guild wars, there would be a mass exodus. It’s extremely boring to play same maps etc over and over again. I would have quit by now if I had not decided to try out the guilds
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,862
    @wms but your picture is very smal , think bigger

Guild Wars fashoined into this game mode that everyone could compete, regardless of level, on a more or less even playing field.

And now people are complaining that they can't gain advantage, to "uneven" the field, by leveling up?

Leveling up should gain you advantage in other game modes, but not in guild wars.

So level up, or don't, whatever makes it fun for you. 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

wms
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,691
    I like to level up my gear first with Reinforcement Tokens so when they step out of the Training Grounds, they have max gear waiting for them. It makes it easier to take on the extra walker level. So, I never dread a Council increase. 
    Leveling up your gear will increase the difficulty in GW though. There are still benefits to leveling up survivors in Challenge and Distance.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ATLAS-ZGovernator[Deleted User]
  • toscaninitoscanini Member Posts: 14
    I'm often racing to level up certain heroes in order to lock-in the higher level of reward equipment, which means I'm often at a major disadvantage for a few weeks until I can catch up. I would upgrade weapons first or even delay, if I weren't trying to get higher level equipment. I guess at some point I'll be overflowing with Reinforcement Tokens like some others, and won't have to worry about that... but that's going to be a while.
    AtlasZ. I’m not asking for an advantage in GWs but should not be at a disadvantage because I leveled up some part of the game.  Each level means I can no longer being able to compete at the same level as before. For example. I was able to complete B 5. Now I can’t because I can not win at level 32.  I haven’t been playing for As long as a lot of you guys and have a lot to accomplish and learn. That’s why I’m on this site asking questions 
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 752
    If you level up your characters and reinforce their equipment one level to catch up they should stand the same chance (or better) to beat sector B5 or any other sector.

The only exception id if you have flat value badges crafted before they changed badge crafting.

If you don't upgrade equipment you lose relative damage and health. The best way at lower levels is to replace non-special equipment with other equipment when you level up and save reinforcement tokens for later.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
     Thank you for your reply. I have upgraded equipment to max. Have obtained some special equipment.  Will eventually obtain more/ better badges. Maybe I wasted reinforcement tokens. I can now win at level at 31. I’m level 25 mostly and lower. Don’t know what flat value badges mean. Will try to look up.  Amazed by how many levels above their own a lot of players can go. They must have everything perfect in their setup in all categories; and very good players. 
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 608
    I have rick rgg and Eugene with some others fully maxed and at 28 with 31 equip. I just completed a level 42 kill 15 last battle.  I am happy with the leveling of my characters.