another reroll question

nufannufan Member Posts: 39
after having spent some money, i wish to calm down and thus must now deal with scarce ressources :)

until now i managed to rerol/got as they are :  

- HUNTERS unicorn Sasha (Lucky, CA, Ruthless, revenge) 
- BRUISERS almots finished Eugene (dodge, lucky, retaliate, IS) and another Bruiser (retaliate, ruthless, IS, Lucky, Punish)
- ASSAULT halfway survivor (lucky, IS, DS, retaliate, ruthless)
- WARRIORS halfway survivor (lucky FT ruthless, vigilant, BD)
- SHOOTER unicors survivor (revenge, ruthless, marksman, SS, lucky)

other Heroes are unrolled, none above 5 stars

i have a good stock of heroes tokens only for Hunt Daryl and Beta (both 5 stars)

I do not know what is best to do :smile:

- do not reroll Daryl and Beta, but push them at 1 or 2 pink stars
- rerolle them before upgrading (what to reroll?)
- focus on someone else? in that case, better to finish unicorn survivors, or to focus on some hero? 

any prority advice is most than welcome

thank you very much

Comments

• GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 289
    edited October 2020
    By Hunt Daryl, do you mean huntsman Daryl, or Hunter Daryl? If it's hunter, then don't bother rerolling, he's not really used outside maybe Outpost defense.
    Assuming you mean HD (Scout) Daryl, then the general rule of thumb is to reroll like SR (who is out of the box stock, no rerolls needed). And if you know what you want, then it's best to reroll before investing any more tokens because it's cheaper.

For Beta, how do you play him - full offense, or balanced? I think most go full offense with 3D 3CD badges, and traits like SR. Some go 3D, 2DR, 1H, and keep IS on him. I prefer full offensive, as I find his leader trait is enough to keep him safe in most situations.
    Jesus and Michonne are also very good warriors, but once you get the hang of Beta, you may find they sit around a lot more.

PGG (Pizza guy Glenn) is actually very good on some maps now, so worth investing some into him...some go like SR, some go defensive. For example, Train Wreck this challenge.

Your Sasha is good, and Eugene is almost there once you can get rid of IS when you have 80% DR.
    RGG is also well worth investing in for standard Bruiser traits (Dodge, Lucky, Punish, Retaliate). Morgan too, for when you need 3 bruisers, but a regular bruiser can do in a pinch, provided they all have razor and a wide arc weapon like the staff (or the new shield, hearing good things about that). Pretty easy to get tokens since he appears in Bruiser call, and Alt hero calls.
    TDog will probably be very good if you can pour enough into him. Long road there. Hopefully they add him to bruiser call.

It's good to have a couple survivor assaults to pair with Sasha on certain maps, with IS, revenge, retaliate, lucky, dodge, basically like a bruiser, badged with 3DR, 3H. Some reroll Abe and or Rufus for one of these slots for the extra health, but usually harder to get tokens (esp. Rufus) than plain old survivor assaults, and they do fine.

Those will get you a good base to work from, it's a solid core set that will work in many situations. 
    I find other hunters and shooters to be more niche, so they can wait (although Shane will be great if you can invest enough into him). 
    Also, check JayZ's guide out if you haven't, covers a lot of this.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium/p1
    Pastehunter_x
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,068
    edited November 2020
    One gap you seem to have is a really strong max DR assault. I personally prefer Rufus, his health boost is higher and the charge point aspect can be really handy on some maps. There's quite a few maps where Sasha, assault, assault/bruiser is the best team so it's good to have one for that. Especially now that we have the hazard armour they can really take some hits. Something like this:

After that yeah, as mentioned RGG/Morgan should take priority as it's always handy to have multiple strong bruisers. Beta and HDaryl are best rolled like SRick IMO. I started to roll PGG to have offensive traits but then I found the maps I used him most were maps where I used Beta in the lead and you didn't need to kill walkers, I changed him to defensive so that sometimes he can take  a hit if needed. Sounds like you're doing well though.
  • nufannufan Member Posts: 39
    thank you very much for your replies! very helpful
    as per RGG, Rufus, Morgan and so on... i'll have to wait, unfortunately they sit at 3 stars atm
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,068
    nufan said:
    thank you very much for your replies! very helpful
    as per RGG, Rufus, Morgan and so on... i'll have to wait, unfortunately they sit at 3 stars atm
    It does take a while! I would maybe focus on RGG first, his trait has more use than Morgan and requires less rolls. Save your rolls for the 25 calls, there are quite a few that are good - the alt hero, all bruiser and all assault ones are good.
    nufanPaste
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 811
    edited November 2020
    You don't need hero assaults initially or maybe at all depending on how high you're shooting for. Rufus is definitely better, but class tokens are much cheaper and you mostly want/need high lucky to more reliably recharge with Sasha.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    nufan
    thx!

for now i think i will focus on a main team sasha eugene + 2nd bruiser/Scout Daryl or Rick

little OT, what level is usually required to finish hard distance?  

Paste
    edited November 2020
    If you're good at it I'd say around level 23. It needs strategy and good badges and equipment though. Some Distance map sets are harder too. I also know maxed players who are good at the others game modes but haven't completed it once. You have to be dedicated and bring pawns and save the free radio calls for Distance.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Paste said:
    safe the free radio calls for Distance.
    why? cannon meat?
    Yes @nufan. You bring pawns so you can sacrifice them and keep your important characters alive. I couldn't beat the hard Distance at the level I did without this.
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    Collect the tokens
    Keeps there
    See who do you use the most and reroll them if needed

Don't waste your tokens with hunter the only 2 you need to have as unicorn are (Sasha and Shane)

Prioritize the one to go offensive then the defenders
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    pollorex said:
    Collect the tokens
    Keeps there

Don't waste your tokens with hunter the only 2 you need to have as unicorn are (Sasha and Shane)

I’m not sure who you are ingame. 
    Not saying you don’t have good information, but you are bringing up posts from 9 months ago. 
    These people (I hope), have learned what they needed. 
    Save us a click brother and stick to something relevant on the news reel. 
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    pollorex said:
    Collect the tokens
    Keeps there

I’m not sure who you are ingame. 
    Not saying you don’t have good information, but you are bringing up posts from 9 months ago. 
    These people (I hope), have learned what they needed. 
    Save us a click brother and stick to something relevant on the news reel. 
    Thanks I'll pay more attention didn't see the date!🤣🤣
    brucewayne007