Proposed changes to round passes in the challenge

Currently the way the system works with challenge stars is you can choose to complete a master mission(MM) at 4 levels higher difficulty and upon completion you get the stars earned for that round. Say I am at level 36. I complete a MM at lvl 40 and get the stars for that round then my next round is 37.

The problem with this is that while MM do decrease the time needed to be spent in game it is still not quite enough. mixing guild wars(GW) in with it makes it time consuming. I know a lot of people, my self included that do not do challenges on the same days I am in a battle in GW. This means a full day's worth of stars missed unless I spend excessive time in the game. Players are also increasing in level and skill with the new council update meaning guilds are now raising their minimums meaning more time spent in the game.

I propose a change to the weekly challenge MM and stars in general. Same scenario as mentioned above. I am on round 36 with a MM of lvl 40. If I complete the MM of level 40 then instead of making my next round 37 with MM 41 it should be round 40 with MM lvl 44. All stars for rounds 36 through 40 would be collected by completing MM 40. This would free up time spent grinding lower levels that we know we can easily complete but we just don't want to spend the time completing them.
brucewayne007Firekid3vilrinePasteCaptainslayerRiotZappam4s

Comments

• brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 286
    Or....
    we should decide what mm level we do. And score the stars accordingly 
    that would save time. 

SuckitTCBRITONovell
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,687
    So say you 1 star  MM 40. Next round is 41. You complete all maps but 1 at 3 stars. How many stars do you get for the 4 rounds you skipped? 
  • SuckitSuckit Member Posts: 69
    Firekid said:
    So say you 1 star  MM 40. Next round is 41. You complete all maps but 1 at 3 stars. How many stars do you get for the 4 rounds you skipped? 

If you complete the master mission at 1 star you get 1 star worth of every map below it.
    Or....
    we should decide what mm level we do. And score the stars accordingly 
    that would save time. 

Also a good idea.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 604
    To me this sounds crazy can’t give the bonus for 3 stars for 4 levels in total I just 3 starred MM42 maybe 43 I forgot.  so for what you see I would get 3 stars for 39 40 41 42.  Not fair in my opinion. 
    3vilrineFirekidPasteTCBRITO
    Suckit said:
    Firekid said:

If you complete the master mission at 1 star you get 1 star worth of every map below it.
    So, if one of the harder maps is the master map, you have to go through the round or you’ll take a 48 star hit? Rather than just 12? Then miss out on 4 rounds of master maps which are probably doable? I could see me having to play more this way rather than less. 
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,619
    I don’t love the challenge, but if you’re not OCD about dropping stars, then it’s fine. Players that spend more time/gold/gas than me will outscore me, and they will have earned it.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 604
    I’m at 46 MM so far. Only do MM no matter what at 2050 stars now. I like the challenge of it all when harder. I also don’t buy gas or use gold so MM is fun route for me 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,626
    This is a crazy suggestion. So what happens when you get a mapset where a couple of the maps are possible to 3* at high level? I get to RSL42, do the MM and it jumps me up 8 rounds to RSL46, I do the next one and it jumps me up another 8 rounds to RSL50? I skip 16 rounds, get 3* in every map and basically coast through the challenge to 3k* :lol:

Some of us still want to play the game...
    PasteATLAS-ZrogueDS
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 631
    Yeah. Playing too many MMs wasn't ever a problem. With this suggestion you would play fewer MMs and way more regular missions. If 43 is your limit for what you can beat with 3 stars, then you'd need to play level 37a/b, 38a/b, 39a/b without master missions instead. That's 36 missions instead of 6 master missions

The problem for me is on GW days you take damage from GW and don't want to play risky challenge missions that also risks putting you in the hospital for a long time. I don't mind playing easy challenges on Wednesday or Thursday that gives minor injuries (~10 minutes or ~2-3 gold to heal), but playing on weekends means I can't do challenges at the same time, so I can't use my gas even if I can't play any sector in GW because I'm waiting for others to unlock them for me.
    marroba2000
    WellyLuga said:
    This is a crazy suggestion. So what happens when you get a mapset where a couple of the maps are possible to 3* at high level? I get to RSL42, do the MM and it jumps me up 8 rounds to RSL46, I do the next one and it jumps me up another 8 rounds to RSL50? I skip 16 rounds, get 3* in every map and basically coast through the challenge to 3k* :lol:

Some of us still want to play the game...

I see what you are saying. How about instead of a Master "Mission" it is another option to go in tandem called Master "Round" or similar. it would work the same way the normal and hard toggle works on scavenge missions. You select Master Round and all 6 maps jump up 4 levels. If you complete all 6 maps then your next round is one level higher. For example you are currently on lvl 36 for regular missions with a master mission of level 40. You pass the MM at 40 and the next round is 37. OR you can pass the Master Round of all 6 maps at level 40 and your next round will be 41.
    Firekid
    I like this idea better, would proabably only use it twice though. 
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,619
    This falls in the "lot of development effort for very little gain" bucket IMO... there are just so many things I'd rather have NG update or fix before touching the challenge.
    Paste
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 119
    I think what would be more interesting and probably easier to implement, is that when you finish a MM, that automatically that mission gets the stars earned in the next rounds up until the level of that MM... so let's say you just played MM lvl 40.1 on round lvl 36.1 with 3 stars, then you still go to the next round (36.2) like usual, but there automatically (and in the next 8 rounds ==> 36.2, 37.1, 37.2, 38.1, 38.2, 39.1, 39.2, 40.1) that particular mission already gets the 3 stars (or 2 or 1 depending on with how many stars you finished the MM).

That way, when you arrive at a round where you can't do the MM with 3 stars anymore, where you have to go "the long way round", at least you don't have to do those missions anymore where you already got 3 stars on the same or a higher level.

JayZm4s