Official Update 3.12 Sneak Peek - HellFrost Discussion Thread

Comments

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,037
    Yeah as @Firekid said. Push can only stun if your enemy collides with someone/something. Let's see how it goes, maybe DT finally has a worthy rival now :) 
    Gobold69
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,739
    edited December 2020
    Can you confirm whether we will still be able to get 2 free tools from the TG shop per week or has this been replaced? What about the amount you can buy for gold? The tool economy is something which has a massive impact on the game, second only to gold so I'd be interested to see how many is available now from the many places you can get them. Dailies, weekly restock, distance, GW shop, black market then of course the pay to win bundle shop.

How many are available roughly per week? @Fluxxx

@Firekid BC has 10* heroes and I imagine a vast amount of gold, a lot of skill and knowledge of the game mechanics for sure. You don't really need tools in the challenge as you can simply retry over and over until you clear without them. The main stigma behind tools is because your pink stars and gold count don't have nearly as big an impact in your success with GW as they do in the challenge, but tools do. I don't think BC is quite the force in GW as he is in the challenge, whatever the reason is I don't know but he wouldn't be able to match what he does in the challenge playing GW tool free. GW used to be the one game mode that was purely skill based and tools have ruined that but this thread isn't really the place for this discussion!
    TCBRITOPasteRickMSA
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    If not mistaken it’s obstacle to so meaning a wall right? I mean it’s not hard to push into something or another walker. 

What happens if they are stacked? So walker can’t slide back it still should stun tho right? 
    I’m thinking of maps where you get to a corner and pray bruisers keep stunning. 
    Firekid
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,738
    @WellyLuga I agree however that there should be a tool limit or no tools in guild wars. However you still then get the "pay to win" factor of those who have bought loads of radios and having 4-5 pink heros and perfect badges. Although it would be fairer. 

It does seem that a lot of the people who moan about tools are those who have paid to win up to this point and now there is a new way to pay to win and they don't like it. Not sure if that is right or wrong and I don't say that to upset/annoy anyone but I do say bring on the tools so that everyone has loads and then that would even it up again. 

I will stop this discussion now though as its not really necessary and I am probably wrong about it and it is killing the game for everyone so please feel free to smash that disagree/jss button. 
    dalmer
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,299
    Looking for clarification on rerolls. So I I have rerolled a badge already then the new process after the update will not change. Meaning I’m stuck with the badge reroll options? Also does the new rerolls change or do they stay in the same cycle or pattern. It get ridiculous to use hundreds of rerolls to get the same badge option I had to begin with.

So VP penalty is 20% loss of that mission when you retry and win.

What does the MM increased to 54 mean? Thought all missions were increased by four when using MM! 

Firekid said:
    @WellyLuga I agree however that there should be a tool limit or no tools in guild wars. However you still then get the "pay to win" factor of those who have bought loads of radios and having 4-5 pink heros and perfect badges. Although it would be fairer. 

It does seem that a lot of the people who moan about tools are those who have paid to win up to this point and now there is a new way to pay to win and they don't like it. Not sure if that is right or wrong and I don't say that to upset/annoy anyone but I do say bring on the tools so that everyone has loads and then that would even it up again. 

I will stop this discussion now though as its not really necessary and I am probably wrong about it and it is killing the game for everyone so please feel free to smash that disagree/jss button. 
    I think the main reason for the complaints is the amount of time/money you have to invest to get your 9/10* heroes vs what it costs for tools is massive, but the advantage you get from spamming tools gives you a much bigger advantage than your pink stars/badges.

Emphasis on 'so that everyone has loads' - because at the moment they don't, only those who pay for them do if you really push the high level sectors in GW on a regular basis. The main gripe I have is that you can use 1 of each type of tool with the same survivor and then attack, I just can't help but feel it's getting a bit out of hand when you can technically now use more tools per turn than your actual attacks :neutral:

Firekid
    @WellyLuga The current distribution of Tools in the TG shop won't change, at least for now. The TG will still feature Grenades and Medkits every week for free and for gold, but it won't feature the new ones.

Regarding the impact of tools on GW competition, I can't say much now but we will definitely discuss this when we plan the next update.

@avelardez The reroll restrictions apply to everyone, it's just that we cannot restrict the results that you got before the update. 
    Let's say you rerolled a Badge slot before the update, from slot 2 to slot 5. After the update, if you reroll the slot for that badge again, you do have a chance of getting slot 2 again, but after that it will be restricted until you have rolled through all the possible slots.

Previously, level 50 was the cap for all challenge missions, including the MM. Now, we've uncapped the MM, meaning that normal missions will still be capped at 50, but at those RSLs, the MM will have a higher difficulty as opposed to being the same one.

euchid
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,154
    So when can we expect the update? I would like to start the Distance..... :(
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITOeuchidmir
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 816
    edited December 2020
    Looks like a nice update again, and I especially like the new Distance mode.

However, I am also really disappointed that the only change (apart from visual fixes) to GW is the 20% VP loss for retries. While that is a good change (and will make tracking your opponent's score very hard) I was really hoping for a new line of even harder missions. With all the new weapons, infused armors and new tools, soon everybody will be clearing 6H with ease. Ok, maybe not everyone, but still it feels GW is becoming too easy. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    3vilrinePasteTCBRITOWellyLuga
  • ultimateevil13ultimateevil13 Member Posts: 15
    @Fluxxx

Possible to Change the Username more than one Time After the Update?

???
    Paste
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,645
    edited December 2020
    I am also really disappointed that the only change (apart from visual fixes) to GW is the 20% VP loss for retries. While that is a good change (and will make tracking your opponent's score very hard) I was really hoping for a new line of even harder missions. 

One of the things I have noted with the Developers is that sometimes very big things Take a very long time for us to see them change

Small things sometimes we can see changes quickly

Recently they streamline Guild Wars missions so they were not so imbalanced and they also gave us Mission previews, and these things along with some others resulted in the first largely noticeable bottleneck at the top with teams frequently tying

During the same time developers were already working on the update that we see now

So we can expect after this update for there to be an even bigger bottleneck with even more teams tying and scoring very high scores

I have little doubt that when the number of players complaining about Mission difficulties being too easy that Developers will begin to find new ways to challenge us

They may already be at work on this who knows?

But as I said very big things like this have to be handled carefully and tested and sometimes take a while for us to see them put into play

With all of the tools and strategies that are available to us now (and other things that we still ask for) we can expect they will be finding ways to push us to our limits and Beyond

No small task I would think
    Just be patient grasshopper  ;)

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Sarge_
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,069
    @Fluxxx will people loss challenge time to the social servers being down pre update?
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Fluxxx said:
    @WellyLuga The current distribution of Tools in the TG shop won't change, at least for now. The TG will still feature Grenades and Medkits every week for free and for gold, but it won't feature the new ones.

Regarding the impact of tools on GW competition, I can't say much now but we will definitely discuss this when we plan the next update.

@avelardez The reroll restrictions apply to everyone, it's just that we cannot restrict the results that you got before the update. 
    Let's say you rerolled a Badge slot before the update, from slot 2 to slot 5. After the update, if you reroll the slot for that badge again, you do have a chance of getting slot 2 again, but after that it will be restricted until you have rolled through all the possible slots.

Previously, level 50 was the cap for all challenge missions, including the MM. Now, we've uncapped the MM, meaning that normal missions will still be capped at 50, but at those RSLs, the MM will have a higher difficulty as opposed to being the same one.

You started off so well until you had to go and say 'at least for now' :lol:. All the same I'm happy that there are more tools in the game without opening your wallet and that the gap between P2P and F2P isn't even larger than it was.
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 107
    edited December 2020
    can increase number of attacks per day in GW?
    also, how many turns will pile of gore last in an mission? 
    @Fluxxx thank you for answer.

I asked about the gore because initially your update notes put {0} turns. I was confused but I see now that it has changed. cause if its {0} turns until an action is made, players just walk to the exit (with no gates) and easy win even in high level mission. thx again.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,738
    @Arqueue don’t forget you’ll only be able to gore up 1 of the team at a time. 
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    So pizza guy should be able to open a crate then gore up and avoid being attacked. 
    ATLAS-ZGovernator
    @Firekid yes

i think its one of the easy ways to complete a distance mission with no gates. go with pizza glenn and 2 other survivors, use gore on glenn and sacrifice the other 2.
    is price of gore out yet?
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 576
    Will this update include building updates.  I.e. am I going to need tomatoes?
    No it’s not an upgrade, but they have not said if black market needs to be built or not. @Fluxxx can you confirm or deny this? That’s a good point I would be kinda salty to find out tomorrow I need 20m toms for black market, when bundle is there today 
    3vilrine
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 238
    sborg said:
    Will this update include building updates.  I.e. am I going to need tomatoes?

No.
    Paste
    @Superhero so you know for a fact that supplies will not be needed to build Black Market? 

I haven’t seen anywhere that it is or isn’t needed. 
    Usually Tom events come when supplies are needed. Hints why I asked fluxxx 
    It's just an extra shop isn't it? Along the lines of the bundle, component and TG shops.
    Yeah it's an extra shop, nothing needs to be built for it.
    s7eyeW8
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 580
    edited December 2020
    If Nightmare starts at 25 and ends at 52, where does Hard end starting at 15? 
    42?   :|    Not loving math.
    @Fluxxx ?
    Ok. Thanks for getting back to me @Fluxxx .
    35. The answer is 35
    Vov
    Ty @Fluxxx and hey it’s happened before lol. Gotta always be clear people. I would have bought supply bundle if needed. 
  • AxewoundAxewound Member Posts: 33
    When is this out?