Weapon Change: Bayonet Musket

Will the attack change from one target to 3 possible be a retro change or just to new ones?  I always have liked my Bayonet to explode barrels and such without having to have a shooter but haven't been able to use it in my regular play list as a single target over my spear.  This is a great improvement in my opinion and will be spending some reinforcement tokens to get it caught up if it's retro.

Best Answer

Answers

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    In the past it’s been retro. I believe it’s an overall change to the weapon. I do not have one but saw how it’s useful a few challenges ago with the two gates and being able to explode the exploder walker. 
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,741
    edited December 2020
    It will be retro. So all muskets will have that functionality. 
    I think the biggest improvement is the charge attack doing scout damage! 
    WDW76Gamze
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,077
    I think the best part is the multi hit...will allow you to charge faster!
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Gamze
    @Fluxxx can you check to see if powerstrike should work with the charge attack now as well as having the increased damage? 
  • SpadincoSpadinco Member Posts: 16
    thanks, I was surprised that they would make it hit multiple targets because it had increased damage to make up for that.  Will they take away the extra damage now?

Good question! 
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,262
    Firekid said:
    @Fluxxx can you check to see if powerstrike should work with the charge attack now as well as having the increased damage? 
    I vaguely recall this question coming up when the musket first came out and the answer was “No” because it is a ranged attack and not a melee attack. But, having the charged attack work with PS would be sweet. I haven’t used my musket in ages, but I see it coming off the shelf. :sunglasses:
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,674
    I think I tested it a long time ago in powerstrike did work

I would recommend testing it again though cuz I was a long time ago

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    So that’s one for yes and one for no :-) either way gonna be a great weapon now, already reinforcing it. 
    Governator
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,749
    edited December 2020
    I think the reason PS doesn't trigger is because it was coded as a ranged attack and PS obviously only applies to melee. For balancing purposes I imagine it will still create threat so all they will have changed is the damage multiplier from 1.5x to 2.25x. Obviously it's pure speculation on my part but I think it won't apply on the charge attack. 

Looks like you have a trade off between it and the spear with the musket attacking more than 3 targets and from range but sacrificing the boost from PS/destructive, requiring 3 charge points and of course generating threat.
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 293
    Sounds great I will reinforce it now as well 
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 255
    I have always updated the bayonet over time, it was not essential in many missions, but a few times it accompanied me up to high levels when its charge was ready to detonate the barrels or to attack the last vagabonds placed in a certain position and in a only one shot before the finish line, very useful when the scouts leave loaded and his is the last attack ever in a short mission ... now with the same possibilities of the spear it becomes a top weapon! 
    ShadowWalker
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 293
    Btw where did  they announce they were changing the bayonnett?
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
    TheKing
    In the update notes @ThanosOfTitan
    ThanosOfTitan
    @Fluxxx so it will function and damage like any other scout weapon? Or is the damage and multipliers still lowered? 

If that’s case only draw back would be threat generated? 
    Stand by for the updated trait musket in the shops - silver charging, gold destructive and gold razor :wink:
    ShadowWalkerDanski_46TheKingdalmer
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,267
    WellyLuga said:
    Stand by for the updated trait musket in the shops - silver charging, gold destructive and gold razor :wink:
    I just might buy that!
    WellyLuga
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,046
    @Drunken Yes. The damage output is always based on the damage of the weapon, but now the damage multiplier matches that of Brain Stab (previously it was lower)
    DrunkenJankels7eyeW8McKnife
    @Fluxxx thanks, so when we see it with destructive here in the near future it will become a must have! Copy roger that 😜

No power strike (Rick moved )

Power strike (Rick didn't move )

My musket is still level 30 and pre update changes

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    jimmorrison369ThanosOfTitan
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,650
    Can you try a few more @ATLAS-Z? I’ve seen a considerable variance of damage on charged attacks. Might be good to do 2-3 of each and see if it’s the same. In any case, if PS does work, that’s quite exciting.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 832
    edited December 2020
    I did a quick test on scvenge with Rick with my lvl 27 musket.

No Power Strike charge:
    Yes Power Strike charge:
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Firekid
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2020
    With the update, the Musket will be a spear/ pitch fork in normal attacks and a rifle with brain stab in a charge attack. Copied the below for the update notes

Weapon Change: Bayonet Musket 

• Primary attack changed from single target to a piercing attack that can hit up to 3 enemies (like the Kingdom Spear)
    • Charge Attack damage scaled up to match that of other scout weapons

Checking my gear, the base damage of a level 30 Kingdom Spear is 4,862 (Mine is the old one with critical, luck and damage - already upgraded 3 times with tokens) whereas the base damage of the musket is 5,774 for level 30.

If I remember correctly, the base damage of the Kingdom Spear was kept lower than normal scout weapons for the reason that it would become too powerful at normal levels. 

Since we have done away with this reason, I  think the damage of Kingdom Spear needs to be upped to bring it at par with Musket and other scout weapons.

Don't want to overwhelm you, but this needs some consideration @Fluxxx @zbot

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,046
    The Musket has the drawback of attracting threat every charge attack, whereas the Spear doesn't have a weakness that significant. So at least for now, there's no plans of upping the spear damage, but let's see :)
    FirekidATLAS-ZSarge_
    Yeah spear is already op but nice try lol

But maybe now there's room for a threat reduction spear

sSINTOMASsDanski_46
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,077
    Love the new bayonet, on kill all missions there is no negative.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

And you already know it will come out with new fancy traits on it 
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 280
    So, is this a must buy today? I scrapped my Musket months ago. Silver Swift Strike, Gold Razr, and Gold Charging. Sounds fun. No Destructive though. Think there will be a version with that instead of Charging?
    I think I will wait, I'm just not a fan of SS really. Especially when it's silver, just doesn't trigger enough for me. I also scrapped mine when it was garbage so I'm not in a big rush to buy one. We have the new crescent weapon coming soon too!