Official Update 3.12 Sneak Peek - HellFrost Discussion Thread

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,387
    Fluxxx said:
    Initially it was scheduled for tomorrow, but at the end of last week we ran into some issues, which we've managed to resolve now. 
    It will still take some time for the update to make it to the stores, so it won't quite hit tomorrow, but hopefully it'll be there by either Wednesday or Thursday.
    @Fluxxx on 12/7/2020

Axewound
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,332
    Axewound said:
    When is this out?
    "Soon" 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    marroba2000ShadowWalkerJaden
    edited December 2020
    So @Fluxxx

If you reroll a bonus condition for badge X, are the previous 10 results restricted only for badge X? Or for badges Y, Z, etc also? 

Meaning does each independent badge have its own "memory" or is it just a generic 10 trait memory for bonuses for all badge rerolls on traits?

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    marroba2000
  • McKnifeMcKnife Member Posts: 44
    Any hope update come out before challenge start?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,976
    There is always hope. 
  • FluxxxFluxxx Staff Posts: 1,085
    Badges are independent of each other, so in your example, when rerolling Badge X only the previous results from that badge are restricted. Badge Y rerolls are then completely independent of Badge X.
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalkerPaste
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2020
    Is it safe to start the challenge, or should we wait until the app is updated?

EDIT: I sure hope so because I did start.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    [Deleted User]Novell
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 45
    I just traded warrior tokens to bruiser tokens, so it's good it's not only gold.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,055
    edited December 2020
    I'm quite happy with the amount of tools in nightmare distance, assuming we can complete it there should be a steady supply per week without gold. I counted 1 gore, 1 grenade, 2 flare and 2 medkits this week - not too shabby!

I was sad to see tools for gold in the black market though, I was offered 2 flare and 2 blast grenades and it looks like my shops will all reset again today. Add that to the 8 we get per week from the TG shop, the 7 from dailies and the 6 (technically 12 with a reset) from the distance! The game and GW especially will soon be tool spam city but at least a fair chunk more are available for F2Pers so it's not all pay to win.

120 hero tokens for 60 mins gas is pretty handy though, especially when they're Sniper Morgan! All in all, you can see elements of a cash grab but at least there is stuff for free.
    marroba2000Shezza10Paste
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 289
    Will the Blackmarket logo disappear?

The screen is already crowded enough.

And I´d like to see more swap options too. It´s mainly gold and I rather won´t use it, except the gold prices drop or the droprate rises.
    TCBRITO
  • FluxxxFluxxx Staff Posts: 1,085
    @WellyLuga Nice work! how did you feel about Nightmare mode? Too easy for you perhaps? :) 

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,055
    edited December 2020
    Fluxxx said:
    @WellyLuga Nice work! how did you feel about Nightmare mode? Too easy for you perhaps? :) 

I enjoyed it, I think because the maps were basically exactly the same only with bumped levels it wasn't too difficult. They're maps I've been playing over and over for years so there weren't too many curve balls. I think if the objectives/walker placements were changed I might have struggled a little more. Motorpool with 3 level 52 tanks was a bit daunting at first but fire does the same damage at that level as it does at lower levels and level 52 scouts pack a tasty punch to help you out! Similarly, level 50 freemen are obviously harder than level 40 freemen but then you instead have level 50 walkers to help you kill them.

The rewards were quite impressive though, for tools/reinforce/rerolls especially and it does breathe new life into a stale gamemode. I hadn't played it at all for weeks until today. I think there could be more badge fragments though, we use the lower rarity ones to cycle through the sequences and there are only 4 epic frags in the nightmare mode but I guess most players who will be tackling it won't really be thinking of their badges.  I think there won't be too long a wait until someone clears it without a loss, if they haven't done already :smile:
  • mirmir Member Posts: 239
    @FluxxxTell us will we see a reverse exchange? A gold fragment costs 350 gold, and if I sell a gold fragment to Jerry and he gives me a garnet or 150 gold for example ) ?
    TCBRITOKarajocaATLAS-Z
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Fluxxx to nit pick I was very upset that a legendary frag is advertised as a reward and not offered in the nightmare mode. 

If it will be offered sometimes that’s okay, but if it’s never offered then it probably should be removed. It’s very much a bummer to see that. I might do the distance I haven’t made up my mind but I’m not much of a player beyond big events. 

• 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2020
    So what is with this unbalanced tool spread-out? Everyone gets different tools all day long with Black Market and Daily Quests? What if like 2 specific tools are better than others and a different player recieves like more of these "better" tools? This is not balanced in my opinion.

All the gold you need now to not miss out on tools in Black Market and Monday reset .. even more p2w than it was already this is getting worse and worse..

Vov
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 799
    Drunken said:
    @Fluxxx to nit pick I was very upset that a legendary frag is advertised as a reward and not offered in the nightmare mode. 

If it will be offered sometimes that’s okay, but if it’s never offered then it probably should be removed. It’s very much a bummer to see that. I might do the distance I haven’t made up my mind but I’m not much of a player beyond big events. 

It's much better this way. You can trade 2 components for a fragment in the black market, but the component events should have gotten us all excess legendary components so unless they remove the component events I won't ever have to.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 226
    has anyone use flare yet? can i ask how far can the flare attract the zombies? is it a fix area around flare or line of sighting of zombies? thx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    edited December 2020
    Arqueue said:
    has anyone use flare yet? can i ask how far can the flare attract the zombies? is it a fix area around flare or line of sighting of zombies? thx
    my guess that it's similar to dead body, then some die they go to eat them from fix area 
    ATLAS-ZArqueue
  • McKnifeMcKnife Member Posts: 44
    How many times do we need to restart&boost the distance to get all rewards,2 or 3?
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 359
    Two or 2
    [sarcasm]

So sad I'm missing out on my daily quest dose of 8 Jerry or 12 negan tokens and instead stuck with these free tools instead...

[/sarcasm] 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalker[Deleted User]
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 226
    edited December 2020
    the win challenge mission in daily quest for over 3 days all give 10 gas and i have to do 8/8. total gas used more than 10 gas. no good. is every one get same quest? 
    Arqueue said:
    the win challenge mission in daily quest for over 3 days all give 10 gas and i have to do 8/8. total gas used more than 10 gas. no good. is every one get same quest? 

You can just skip those, or you can do season missions for 1 gas each

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 289
    ATLAS-Z said:
    You can just skip those, or you can do season missions for 1 gas each

Not, if you have to do challenge missions.
    Arqueue