Nightmare distance Feedback Thread

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 982
    The tank map was hard, was a bit unlucky with Shane not managing to kill anyone when I had the tanks lined up nicely for some explosive bullets, but passed it with Sasha still alive after two flees. After that my main issue was that I only have two lvl 28 assaults, that can use the lucky Decimator, so I had to use bruisers in maps where assaults would have been better.

Overall it feels like it could be even harder. You still have the option to use tools, which would make otherwise very hard maps pretty easy, so I think NG could definitely consider changing the maps / walkers a little bit in the next update. 

Ingame username: Jubjab
    ShadowWalker
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 982
    WellyLuga said:
    What’s the boost like is that good?
    Boost basically does what the reset does in that it gives you twice the rewards. The reward is that it takes you half the time/gas to earn them but the risk is that if you mess up the first attempt you obviously can't make up for it with the repeat.
    You can buy the booster AFTER you have finished, so if you screw up, you can reset, and if you don't, you can boost.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Karajoca
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 366
    edited December 2020
    Yeah exactly. No risk in boosting. Finish 1st, then decide what is better to restart or boost

One of the best addition in game i have seen in long time, that boost option 👍
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,005
    Wait, so you can boost when you've finished and then immediately get all of the rewards again with a push of the button? For real? I guess this is what I'll be doing next week when the event is running, I'm assuming the boost will do the same thing for the event as resetting.
    FirekidBurmeliinisShadowWalker
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    Nightmare mode = use TOOLS  to get ... TOOLS 🤣
    EngAamieShadowWalkerDaiiko
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    You don’t need to use tools, it more than doable without them. 
    EngAamieWellyLugaKarajocaShadowWalkerTCBRITO
  • BenoitBenoit Member Posts: 61
    i didn't do as good as some of you but had a lot of fun playing it. Bring back the edge i had when i first completed them. Thanks NG you really nailed this one 👍
    ShadowWalker
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,165

Booster Activated

400 gold well spent ?

You tell me  :)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalkerFirekidWellyLugaLougetsyou
  • LougetsyouLougetsyou Member Posts: 1
    Nightmare, I'm not ready to try it just yet. But hard is easy to finish. 
    My question is when Hellfrost launches. 
    So I'll be able to double up tokens with booster without having to reset Right?
    Or if I want I can do distance two times for kicks. 400 gold either way.
    ATLAS-Z
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    Table 
    LougetsyouZetteSuperhero
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    edited December 2020
    Nightmare is nice but yet, too hard for me. I did manage to finish but was super super lucky in some cases and had to use some tools.
    Hard mode I finished easily and now it will be even easier however, I can't see myself keep doing nightmare.

I think that a mode between them could be nice or some lower levels in nightmare so we can get charged some more heroes.
    (I know I can do in and out in the first map to charge but hell that's boring)

PS
    map 19 was extremely hard, might need to think to change only a few maps?
    3vilrineATLAS-ZDedmoneuchidTCBRITO[Deleted User]WDW76
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 316
    Easy should be hard and a mode between hard and nightmare would make sense.
    Who still plays easy ?
    Gamze
    edited December 2020
    euchid said:
    Easy should be hard and a mode between hard and nightmare would make sense.
    Who still plays easy ?

There is no easy mode

Normal mode is for new players and a lot of them do still play it

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    3vilrines7eyeW8ambience
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    I say make it harder honestly nightmare I got 20/21 with 3left no chance at last map 4 walkers left to kill 
    3vilrine
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2020
    This is no nightmare mode for me when it takes like 2 hours until there are already videos of perfect clears. This "nightmare" mode should be really hard to beat, that players need like weeks to clear it for the first time and not two hours.
    FirekidrogueDS
  • McKnifeMcKnife Member Posts: 44
    Whats gonna be this week’s mapset?
  • paeaeaeschpaeaeaesch Member Posts: 83
    The new mode is good for collecting some tools, but for me there is no reason to play nightmare mode if there aren't at least the same amount of badge fragments/components then in the hard mode. The fragments are the only reason i play the distance at all. 4 blue fragments are useless for the "end game" players, it doesn't matter if it's blue or grey, they are just placeholders to get to the "gold positions" in the badge cycle.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    rogueDS said:
    I say make it harder honestly nightmare I got 20/21 with 3left no chance at last map 4 walkers left to kill 
    Use pawn scouts to scout the maps. If anything goes wrong you just sacrifice them and come back knowing what to do. 
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    The new mode is good for collecting some tools, but for me there is no reason to play nightmare mode if there aren't at least the same amount of badge fragments/components then in the hard mode. The fragments are the only reason i play the distance at all. 4 blue fragments are useless for the "end game" players, it doesn't matter if it's blue or grey, they are just placeholders to get to the "gold positions" in the badge cycle.
    I don't agree with you here. You can stockpile stuff and from time to time, swap them for other stuff during trade events and now, the black market.
  • paeaeaeschpaeaeaesch Member Posts: 83
    I don't agree with you here. You can stockpile stuff and from time to time, swap them for other stuff during trade events and now, the black market.
    That is true, but you can stockpile as well when you play the hard mode. The point is you have no advantage playing the nightmare mode, because you have less resources overall
    New Walker type

Metal tank

Immune to stun immune to fire

Nightmare distance only

Evil laugh mwahaha

Our page :

Send me a PM
    TheKingBurmeliinis
    The truth is Nightmare distance is very hard but for the top most expert players in the game there is nothing you can do to stop them other than things like this

Our page :

Send me a PM
    mack22ambience
    edited December 2020
    Mission objective open gate, kill human enemies, and get to exit

x3 level 52 Spiked walkers start within reach of survivors

No other walkers

X10 level 51 human hunters scattered around the map

Enjoy

(is this the kind of thing you're looking for @3vilRine) :p

Our page :

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalker3vilrine
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    The top .1% may shrug it off, but the rest of us have a new challenge. When I started the old Hard distance, I’d top out at 15/16, and now I’m back to that. Time to revise my distance strategy and take it seriously again.
    ambiencekinkoGovernator
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Back to the using pawn survivors strategies and needing to plan ahead. Distance is fun again!

Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ShadowWalkerDanski_46BurmeliinisGovernator
    @JayZ yeah same here

@crambert_nec and @OneLessTitan shared years ago

Sasha Plus shooter Plus Pawn

Scout the area plan your strategy take out one or two while you're there, flee and Come Back In

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,355
    Best use of Free calls is for the distance!  @ATLAS-Z that was when wrestling was OP.

• rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    Hats off nightmare distance is awesome. I say rewards are epic and the double without resetting is epic. Made it to 20 using only 1 grenade.  People that say rewards not worth it are crazy in my opinion  
    ATLAS-ZDanski_46