Unable to download Hellfrost update

Dobrien5Dobrien5 Member Posts: 69
I have been unable to download 3.12 to my iPad4. The little wheel gets thicker and seems to finish, then it starts all over again. This has happened several times. Anyone else having download problems?

Comments

• HawaiiHawaii Member Posts: 9
    I can not download also.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,044
    @Dobrien5 unfortunately we have discontinued support for the iPad 4th Gen. This was announced last month in our news hub.
    These are the devices that we no longer support:
    iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3Gen), iPad (4Gen), iPad mini.

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    So this exchange was only good for 6 months?

• Thank you for your quick response! My question is, will there be a fix? Or is NG eliminating the iPad 4 as a platform for this game?
    • FluxxxFluxxxMay 7
      We definitely don't want to eliminate iPad 2, 3 ,4 so we'll try our best to fix it. Currently there may be some problems with what Apple lets us change, but hopefully everything goes ok and you'll be back to normal.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

mudcatthefish
  • MKOMKO Member Posts: 1
    I play on a IPad 4.  Since you have discontinued support for my device, I cannot download the current update.  I had hoped to be able to continue to play the game without it.  This morning, my game won't load and there is a banner across the load screen telling me to update my game.  The game will not load now.  I have spent a good bit of hard earned cash on your game and am really upset at these tactics.  In essence, you are forcing me to buy a new device to play your game on.  My husband and I have been loyal players for over 7 years and this leaves a horribly bad taste and experience.  I put in a help ticket several days ago and no one has bothered to respond.  We are now questioning our continued support of this game, which we have loved.  As a side note, since the game will not load now, if I did buy a new device Tom play on, I can't get into the game to get my code to transfer to a new device.  So, either way, you, Next Games, have screwed me.
    mudcatthefish
  • mudcatthefishmudcatthefish Member Posts: 5
    I am very disappointed by being locked out of a game I have spent quite a bit of time and money on just because my device is a few generations old. What are we supposed to do if we are not ready or able to buy a new device? Are we just not allowed to play your game anymore? I have invested so much in this game, and play it every day. There must be something you can do to keep us up and running. Please do not abandon your loyal players.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,672
    It is the way of things

You can't play Cyberpunk 2077 on a Commodore 64 either.

It's not developer CD Projekt fault Commodore 64 can't handle their game.

Not trying to be a dick here, just saying

Cheers ! 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    The game developers for Cyberpunk 2077 didn't originally write the game for Commodore 64, build a following on that device, then cut those players off. Not sure your point makes any sense.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,672
    edited December 2020
    The game developers for Cyberpunk 2077 didn't originally write the game for Commodore 64, build a following on that device, then cut those players off. Not sure your point makes any sense.

Okay you're right it is not exactly the same, next games should have allowed you to continue to play on your old device with the old version of no man's land

Of course you would not be able to play in challenge or Guild Wars or Outposts, or use game chat, with this old version, or take advantage of any of the new features in the game

Maybe you could have continued to play with other players who have old devices?
    Maybe there wasn't a practical way to do it?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,115
    Apple stopped supporting these devices a while ago, usually no Apple support means no updates, no updates means can't run newest apps or update existing apps. 

Most of the unsupported devices are 32 bit devices.  Most of the confusion is due to the way iPads are named.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad

To be fair, I understand there are technical reasons for dropping support. We cannot expect games to be able to progress on all devices. There are alot of folks out there (including me) who really love this game, but are no longer able to play. It is a frustrating situation when you have spent years building your survivors and weapons up, spending money on bundles, and not really having any options other than buying a new device.

I am buying a new ipad. My biggest concern now is that I have no idea how to get all that progress to a new device. I don't want to stop playing, but I certainly do not want to start all over again.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,115
    @mudcatthefish if you have any issues with recovering your game with the new device, please let me know.  Your game is saved to your Game Center so using the same Game Center ID on your new device will pull up your saved game.  The process is painless as long as your old game was linked to your Game Center account.  If not, that's why lost game instruction exists

https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=my-account&f=i-lost-my-game&p=all

I lost my game!

If you lost your save game data after you deleted the application or while transferring your game to another device, you can recover it via your Game Center or Google Play account.

If that doesn't work, first make sure you have your new game attached to your Google Play or your Game Center account. Then contact us from the in-game Settings providing the following information and labelling your message "I lost my account":
    • In-game player name of original game
    • In-game player level of original game
    • Name of guild from original game (if applicable)
    • Platform (Android, iOS)
    If you made in-app purchases on the lost save game, remember to include receipts of your purchases in your message. These will help us recover your account.

Remember to send all the necessary information for a faster account recovery process!
    Last Updated: 441d • Permalink
    ATLAS-Z
    WOOT! Thanks zbot. I was hoping it was as easy as that, but I saw some stuff online that Game Center only saves your account information, not your progress. I assumed that game progress was saved on the NextGames servers, but I wasn't positive.