Outpost upgrade to the Walker Pit?

In an upcoming update why don't the developers upgrade the outpost and the walker pit. They should add the spiked walkers and the tougher armored and tougher heavy walkers to the mix....🤔
zbotTroublemakerShadowWalkerTCBRITONovellmiori199373SinclairCupcake

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,504
    I think improving this game mode would have to be coupled with improving the trade good shop which I would wager has no solution at the moment

There's been a lot of good suggestions over the years

I would love to see something along the lines of Guild Wars but with smaller raiding parties of 2 to 4 being able to go on raids together

Just another way for Guild members to be able to interact with each other in a smaller form of teamwork. Players like this kind of thing

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    TCBRITOmiori199373ShadowWalker
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 332
    I would suggest something but with challenge, guild wars and incoming distance nightmare mode i have no time to play another mode i think. 

But i think from all the modes ever introduced in game Outposts had the biggest potential, and it's a shame they just gave up on it
    Sarge_miori199373ShadowWalker
  • Landrion21Landrion21 Member Posts: 2
    Those are good suggestions. I've been wondering why it hasn't been done as well. My guess is: Unfortunately, the walkers stop being the challenging part of an outpost raid very quickly. Blue/Gold Badged survivors murder like level walkers with almost zero difficulty. Any configuration of walkers that can challenge badged survivors will overly penalize empty or maybe even green badged players. The walkers seem mainly to serve the purpose of giving you charge points for the breach portion of the attack and XP for the overall mission. 

In fact, one of the things I consider a problem with the mode is that it's arguably better to starve an attacker of charge points by never improving your number of walkers. Which in terms of game design is absolutely not a behavior Id want to incentivize. This unfortunately hurts the attacking player by lowering the amount of XP earned as well as making the raid more boring.  

What Id like to see happen in addition to adding the other walker types is allowing us to put no-name survivors in the zone closest to the gate. It would be more customization and fun to be able to add Freemen hunters, bruisers etc. They're not really going to slow down determined players either, but it would make the raids a little more interesting. Instead of a fixed set of "X Tanks X Armored X Normal" perhaps we could be given a point "spend" that you pay to upgrade. Maybe you could afford all Tanks, an entertainingly stupid amount of regulars, several Freemen or mix and match.

Last, I'd like to somehow incentivize the defending player for spending their trade points to give the attackers something to do. I'm not exactly sure how to go about that. Maybe a really walker/defender stocked base give the defending player some XP or trade goods bump on defense. My feeling is the current system isnt intended to make attacking arduous and I don't want it to become that - just merely to become more worthwhile to invest in. 

SinclairCupcake
  • akanailakanail Member Posts: 19
    The immediate easy solution is to allow upgrading the pit/outpost in order to increase the level of walkers to 32+