Rework critical chance mechanics

The badge, trait and skill are useless at higher levels and I doubt anyone uses these.
Maybe I'm wrong, but to my knowledge it won't work on body hits, so what's the point? 

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,769
    Yeah, this one your wrong on, 1 in 10 is a pretty good chance to stun on a bodyshot is pretty damn good and almost essential at high level. Where a hunter can hit 5-6 walkers comfortably can be an absolute live saver. 
    Would I like it increased, of course but I’m not disappointed with how it is now. 
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,704
    @Firekid are you referring to Critical Aim? 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • akanailakanail Member Posts: 23
    @Firekid - Critical Aim is a must, as @ATLAS-Z pointed out, I was referring to critical chance
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,769
    Lol! I was indeed talking about critical aim 😂. Should learn to read shouldn’t I 🤦‍♂️
    Yes crit chance is a waste but that would mean changing the whole bodyshot mechanic to make it work better and not sure they could do that. 
    ShadowWalkerakanail
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    edited December 2020
    I always thought "bodyshot" mechanic wasn't a smart choice. But the game is now deeply immersed into it and it can't be reversed or considerably changed.

I suggest you study better the hero, character, and gear traits, perhaps discussing with other players, to see where you can make critical hits work beyond bodyshot.

@JayZ strategy compendium is a perfect start - I'm tagging him here so he can link you to it.
    JayZ
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,704
    It's a funny little game isn't it?

Every attack hits with perfect accuracy

We can Dodge our enemies, but our enemies cannot Dodge us
     (and when they tried to let some enemies Dodge we cried like little bitches)

At certain level Dodge stops working, but instead now cancels critical Hits? What?? 

And conversely a critical hit would cancel a Dodge and results in a normal hit, so if more things dodged then Critical chance would be a much more valuable mechanic

I'm not saying I want this... I'm content with my funny little game and just as it is with minor tweaks here and there as time goes on.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    akanail
  • akanailakanail Member Posts: 23
    I took my time playing and asked a lot of questions before thinking of all the little things I'd change. 
    Probably nowhere near your level, but the design intrigues me so I raised some ideas.
    So true about the mechanics here - always hitting is not the standard in such games.