Trait Reroll System Improve

VovVov Member Posts: 72
The trait reroll system has been around for so long without any changes. As more and more heroes are introduced into the game,
the more rerolls it takes. And this has been a burden to many new players with limited rerolls, and even some end-gamers,
they haven't been able to completely rerolled their favored traits.

The new badge system, on the other hand, is newly introduced and has been implemented in a very player-friendly way.
With the change from the latest patch, badge rerolls has improved my survivors greatly, no doubt many players benefit from those changes as well. Along with the similar way of how reroll system works on traits or badges (you spend reroll tokens to change one trait for another),
I think it will be much more enjoyable if I trait reroll system works in the same way as badge reroll :) .

I have decided to create this post because it was irritating for me to find one single trait from 8 available traits, and it didn't happen as I wanted. And it get worse when your heroes has pink star(s). For example, my RGG has Iron Skin, Lucky, Retaliate, Punish.
As he has enough Damage Reduction, IS trait is not required anymore. So I change IS for Dodge. For every reroll it takes 50 token and 250 RGG tokens (level 6 IS), so far I have done around 11 times and still failed. Estimated 550 reroll tokens and 1375 hero tokens :/ .
The available traits are: Follow Through (FT), Bullet Dodge(BD), Defensive Stance(DS), Power Strike(PS), Dodge(D), Ruthless(R), Vigilant(V), Strong(S). The probability in my case is 7/8×6/8 (5/8×4/8)^10 = 0.000582867% ( I could be wrong though).
It is not the first time for me. Took me to 11th time to change Sasha's Markman to Lucky, not including to change her other traits(IS, SS).

I am an active player scavenging my way to level 73 after 11 months. With average of 30 reroll tokens earned each week (10 from personal challenge stars, 8 from TG Shop, 6 from Distance, 6 from Guild stars), I cannot imagine how long it takes to have half of preferred traits for 1/4 of my 20 survivors. 

This is not a game problem rather than personal opinion based on a quite amount of time engaging with the game.
I hope you can give your personal ideas about this @Fluxxx.

Below are my 6 recent screenshots from what happened to my RGG ( I did not capture previous ones).

FirekidRiotZappaJens_KFNovellaquilaShadowWalkerTroublemakeranniesprinklesDeathwish19Gamzem4s

Comments

• RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 80
    It’s an absolute scam and the RNG is total bollocks!

I had to do 7 on Morgan and 8 on Sasha!
    pkaygh1Starman100
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2020
    Hi all,

We need a new Event:

Less hero / char tokens + Less reroll tokens!!!

Edit: Maybe low prices forever 

Thanks!!
    ShadowWalkerGamzem4sStarman100
  • Jens_KFJens_KF Member Posts: 49
    Totally agree. It should block the ones, which are already declined.
    anniesprinklesVovADPaqStarman100
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 289
    Shouldn't be so hard to implement I guess. 
    Vov
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 562
    Almost like it reads your mind and gives you every option for a trait excluding the one you absolutely want!!!! I swear the same thing happened to me when I tried to give Negan the Punish trait and Sasha the Critical Aim trait!!!!!  Ended up burning COUNTLESS tokens and Re-Roll tokens!!!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡
    ShadowWalkerpkaygh1
    Jens_KF said:
    Never! And if in the same reroll two skills come out than you need? Example: Luck and revenge?

It should be a cycle, whether we like it or not. I have had the bad luck that it happened to me with Eugene ... imagine the amount of tokens and reroll token that I have spent. I'm Level 75 and Eugene only has two pink star

• VovVov Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2020
    Mojaku said:
    Jens_KF said:
    Never! And if in the same reroll two skills come out than you need? Example: Luck and revenge?

It should be a cycle, whether we like it or not. I have had the bad luck that it happened to me with Eugene ... imagine the amount of tokens and reroll token that I have spent. I'm Level 75 and Eugene only has two pink star

I think Jens meant that while you working on a particular trait, no trait reappears until the end of the cycle. If you start another trait reroll, another cycle starts but does not relate to nor override the existing one.

Nevertheless. I dearly hope NG starts doing something about this just like they did with badge reroll. 
    Can I have a notice here before the holiday @Fluxxx? Like are the dev thinking about changing or not at all? 
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited December 2020
    Mojaku said:
    Jens_KF said:

In that case, you don't decline.
    ATLAS-ZPaste
    The idea is very very good, in the previous comment I explained myself wrong, but guys ... seriously, do you want NG to say goodbye to the goose that lays golden eggs? (one of many chickens)

When the character skill changes start, the changes were random (protests from the players) and then a cycle. They have do the same with the badges, first random then cycle ...

I hope they change it but I doubt it very much...

• Adamski316Adamski316 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 1

I am at the point where I will not reroll any trait until the reroll system changes
  • wmswms Member Posts: 57
    Personally, I recently decided not to worry about rerolling traits.  The last 5 or probably many more times, I could not get any traits that I was seeking. I hate spending money for nothing.  I  am not a gambler.  No mas no more. 
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappaAdamski316ScottyJ
  • Starman100Starman100 Member Posts: 10
    I have RGG at legendary and I rerolled his default strength trait earlier this week hoping for lucky or dodge and it took me the 5th re-roll (my last available reroll) to get lucky and of course that roll also had dodge LOL

Although I would completely welcome this mechanic for trait reroll, it probably won't happen. The issue is when you are looking for one (or in my case 2) traits out of a larger pool the odds are already stacked against you. Now when it comes to availability of reroll tokens in the game I definitely think they should increase those because as OP mentioned it's a huge grind just to get one chance without resorting to premium currency.

(First post on the forum btw, greetings everyone!)
    VovRiotZappaATLAS-Z
  • ScottyJScottyJ Member Posts: 27
    I agree.    I won't buy reroll tokens because so far I think I'm like 1 for 10 in reroll attempts.   Its very frustrating.  I can't see spending money to basically lose Hero tokens.   I'm thinking I'll just try my best to reroll Sasha and a few others and save my money.   If there was a reasonable chance of success I might change my mind but the cost involved in perfecting a character is crazy.
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 175
    3.12 update notes

m4s said:
    3.12 update notes

It, unfortunately, only applies on badges not survivor/hero's traits reroll.
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 175
    I'm blind !
    A similar mechanism could be implemented in Badegs !

• Starman100Starman100 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 27
    I tried rerolling Hilltop Maggie's DS looking for lucky, marksman, or even critical aim and got BD and vigilant...oof

Yeah, haven't had a whole lot of success with this mechanic so far. Maybe I should just start hoarding them and hopefully they implement a mechanic similar to the badges soon for traits.
    Vov
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 280
    Hoard them until you have enough for 2-3 rerolls, since that’s generally what it takes to get something you want. Change your expectations and it will be less demoralizing when vigilant and bullet dodge pop up in that first roll.
    Starman100RiotZappaLady J
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 80
    Trait rerolling is a complete scam.

If you refuse 2 offered traits, they should NOT be included on any further rolls on that character for said trait.
    Starman100ScottyJ