Reasons for moving on to another guild

I'm looking for some insight and advice on how to solve this dilemma: stay loyal to your guild no matter what or search for another one when you have a different vision on how problems/difficulties are handled..

My unhappy feeling gets triggered by a well known problem here on the forum and by many in the game: Players not contributing, not participating, not communicating, etc.
The impact of this has already been discussed and many are hoping for some extra management tools in next updates.

I think that if I could read about some players their real experiences (good or bad) after making the choice of staying with or changing guilds, it could help me decide for myself. I feel a bit lost in this.. I enjoy the game a lot and I'm not giving up because of this. I started in June 2020 and I 'm getting all my season tokens for the first time :)

I guess this is also a growing process..

Pic

Comments

• marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 246
    I recommend you search for an Allianz, a family of guilds ordered by stars made in challenges. Bigger the Allianz, more similar to you will be your partners. And inside this system, you can obtain help from better players and advance to the main guild of your Allianz, if you want. 
    MagnusRexTCBRITODeathwish19
  • MagnusRexMagnusRex Member Posts: 46
    Thanks guys, I'm appreciating you sharing your ideas/opinions.
    Reading and thinking through these comments, I realise I'm getting more open-minded to for me totally new things like guild families. 
    I haven't decided yet..
    TCBRITO
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    I bailed on my first guild after the leader went MIA for a month. I left my 2nd after 3 years due to slowly fading commitment (no shows in GW and challenges, slowly decreasing star counts) and almost a year of being unable to stay above 16 members. I found a guild that shares my commitment without being too hardcore or a guild family that shuffles people around, and am much happier and more motivated.
    TCBRITOMagnusRexRiotZappaDeathwish19
  • MuirnaMuirna Member Posts: 56
    I liked the guild I started in and the people, but I reached a point where I felt like I outgrew it and wasn't going to be able to grow the way I wanted.

I think as long as you don't leave them in the lurch -- I'm not sure if this is possible but for example quitting the guild in the middle of a GW day you are signed up for -- then you don't need to feel like it is disloyal to seek change for yourself.

My main criteria when I moved was to find a guild that used Discord and had support for motivated newer players. I found the Eh family of guilds and would not have been able to make the progress I have had I stayed where I was. In-game chat was never going to be able to provide me with what I needed.
    TCBRITOMagnusRexWellyLuga
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    edited January 2
    In guild families, the leaders generally try to group you together with other players your speed. And if your speed changes, we're good about helping you find whatever spot fits your changing needs. 

Most of the time families form from a single guild whose playing styles get to far apart, casual vs hardcore... So they form two guilds that stay in touch via chat apps. When those guilds grow to capacity, they form a third and so on...

Its a sign of good leaders who put their players needs above their own (trust me, no one runs guilds families because it's a joyful dance in the park, it's work).

I find it rewarding when my players are really enjoying themselves in ways they choose. 

In fact, I take more joy from helping My Zombrex Family improve than I do from working on my own account. I only wish I had more time so I could do even more.

This little break from guild wars had been a blessing for me to have the time to help my players grow. That said, we're all excited to get back into it. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    MagnusRexSilverhawkmarroba2000Spinter
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,689
    I believe I found an accurate diagram of how the various guild families work. Enjoy! :lol:

..the best i've seen in ages!! 😂😂😂😂 thanks

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    GovernatorKatz_Killers18
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    Good luck man, it's tough to cut the cord, but you need to enjoy yourself. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Governator[Deleted User]MagnusRex
  • smoke1smoke1 Member Posts: 5
    When you join your next guild it might not hurt to look for a guild with min requirements, like 10x your lvl and mandatory gwars participation 
    MagnusRexPasteJankel
  • ScotticusScotticus Member Posts: 41
    It's vindication to know so many feel the same way about GW participation!

The notion of just being straightforward and participating if you say you will, refraining from signing up if you're unsure, and just communicating either way always seemed more sensible than my previous guilds' behaviour suggested!
    JankelMagnusRex
  • FreeToPlayFreeToPlay Member Posts: 36
    Several players left my previous guild precisely because they played poorly in GW. Before we left we discovered some causes:

1.- The most important, Lack of time (Challenge + Distance + GW) The solution for this is that NG remove challenge when GW is in play.
    2.- The players who spent money, found that the F2P could improve a lot if they obtained the rewards in GW and their positions were threatened in the challenge. why? they had weapons / armor that the F2Ps did not have. Now with the black market they are more concerned about it, but of course there is nothing that a pack of gasoline + gold cannot achieve.
    I keep playing this game for GW, there is no competition in challenge, I will probably leave the game when D3 Immortal finally comes out on mobile
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,320
    Move on and abandon your guild. Lack of participation and leadership in casual guilds or newer guilds can bring your game play down. Say your good byes and find another guild were players are committed. 
    MagnusRex
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 568
    Are you still look for another opinion? 

I have belonged to 4 Guilds in the space of 5 years. And about to start my 5th guild. 
    Happy to break down each movement if you want more opinions. 
    @brucewayne007 I have made my decision in this one, I joined a new guild with people who try to push themselves and learn from each other. I still am curious to hear about your experiences because I can always learn new things that will help me in the future. Please feel absolutely free to make your own choice in sharing your story with the community. But I really think there will always be players in here who will learn from it or feel supported in their own experiences.
    WellyLuga
  • liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
    Hey guys, here for the same reason as so often mentioned before - gw participation. I´m about to loose my last bit of patience at my current guild.
    I´d really like to stay there, but have the feeling I wont ever get the rewards (this war: bruiser armour on gold III) I really find useful, except from badges oc.
    So I´m considering to switch during the break next week. What about the guild shop currency then, does it have to be spent before leaving the guild?
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    It’s time to leave when your leader smells of rotten fruit. Ain’t that right @Danski_46
    Danski_46
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 680
    No you dont have to @liquit
    Governatorliquit
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 670
    Love my Guild and always been a fan of the Leader's YouTube channel which is one of my top 3 favorite TWD related channels.
    However, we came very close during that last Guild War to getting that version of Daryl's Crossbow with Infused Traits and I am utterly frustrated beyond words that we didn't get enough points to earn it considering that I fear that weapon will NEVER become easily available again 😠😠😡😡
    This current war has an Infused Traits Armor that I am dying to give to T-Dog but considering how we didn't earn enough wherewithal to get that aforementioned Daryl's Crossbow, our chances of getting that Infused Strapped Bastion Armor are about as likely as catching the Loch Ness Monster with a butterfly net. 
    Me thinks that the issue is that the majority of active members are level 18-20 and thus can only conquer stages with low point rewards.
    What I'm wondering now is if I can join another guild I the middle of the current guild war and what penalties/ramifications (if any) will result from leaving my current Guild for another in the middle of a War?
    @MudMoccasin If you really don't want to leave your guild for good but love to get the armor you could try to post a request in the guild discussion section for a guild who opens their guild shop to a "visitor". I've seen it done before. Your individual guild wars rewards that you earned this season should move with you. So you go shopping elsewhere and return back home afterwards. Your challenge guild stars are lost. Don't leave on a day you signed up for battle. 
    marroba2000MudMoccasinliquit