Does the game level-up Guild War Defenders to match the attacking team's level?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is asked already, I did search and couldn't find a definitive answer.

I'd just like to know if the survivors you select for you defender teams are automatically 'level-matched' to that of the attacking team, or remain at the level at which you have currently upgraded them?

In a similar vein, does equipment go on 'as is', with the level reached and activated perks as shown on your UI, or does the equipment and/or traits get level-matched to that of the enemy? I imagine it's all 'as-is', but it'll save some upgradin' if thr game does indeed level-match your defenders for Guild Wars!

Comments

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 680
    Level of gear and survivors will be scaled according to the attacker's level. 

As for whether if traits are leveled to the max, I am only 80% sure that it does. 
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    Equipment will be maxed regardless.
    Paste
  • ScotticusScotticus Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for thr responses guys, that's really helped me focus my upgrade plan.
    MFJigsaw
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 983
    Everything will be maxed. Let's say you are a lvl 25 player, with a GW team consising Negan at lvl 16 with a totally unupgraded legendary lvl 6 bat.

You meet a lvl 28 enemy. Negan will now be lvl 28 and have a fully upgraded lvl 31 bat.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    MFJigsawPaste
  • iBolskiiBolski Member Posts: 118
    edited January 5
    Something's not right. We have a family of guilds and our lower leveled guild is complaining that they are getting matched up with 3 and 4 star pinkies when no one in the guild has toons that high. They're getting slaughtered. Pink stars need to be accounted for if you ask me. No one in that guild has anything above 1 pink star and it's only a select few.
    Here's a screen shot from one of our members. The top 2 show 2 different match ups he got and the bottom picture is his highest level toons. What gives with the match-up logic? Seems flawed still.

In-Game Username: Bolski
    Guild: Glorious Undead (Leader)
    https://discord.gg/u4q56U9vrJ

• ScytheScythe Member Posts: 1
    This happened to our guild in the last battle as well. Matched up with team multiple ping star level. We are nowhere near that level.
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 66
    depends.  you can't expect your opponents are same level from 1A to 6G