Mediocre GW rewards

WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,184
Since we have had such a long break from GW I have been looking forward to seeing the rewards for next season for some time now. On checking the shop this morning I couldn't help but feel completely underwhelmed, feels like a miss to me. 

Tactical on a hunter weapon? Struggling to see the time I'm going to use this weapon over the harpoon or the festive shotgun, the main hunter hero we use piercing with is Alpha and she has something of a tactical trait built into her LT that is going to make that useless more often than not.  The shooter armour is nothing to write home about, sniper harness is barely used and it's not difficult to pick up an armour with ruthless on it, it doesn't even have an infused trait on it. The lucky flare gun was previously in GW shops right? Adding silver charging and an extra space of range is barely an upgrade, I can't help but feel like it would be better with charging replaced by high powered and have gold destructive as the infused trait. The chainsaw is awesome, don't get me wrong and I will definitely pick up a 2nd one but it's definitely a tier 2/3 weapon instead of one used every challenge and not used in GW (unless you're dual wielding @Crocodile) :trollface:. The morning star outclasses it except for on a charged warrior week where you want to clear a lot of walkers quick.

The bruiser armour is the only thing in the shop I was impressed with and I think is worth my time invested. Thoughts? There were so many good infused weapons/armours pitched on the forums so it's disappointing so few of them were implemented. As for the highest tier weapon, I was expecting to see a tier 1 weapon that might be usable in most challenges like the lucky (non silent) harpoon, lucky decimator, even the newly buffed musket?
SuperheroMFJigsaw[Deleted User]TCBRITOGamzeShadowWalkerJayZRickMSAGovernatorRiotZappa8900rpm

Comments

• SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 329
    Exactly my thoughts. Bruiser armor and nothing else for me then reroll, badge and tool stuff.
    MFJigsawTCBRITO
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,147
    Agreed. The only really good piece is the bruiser armor. Earlier gold components were also really nice but now with the Black Market and Nightmare Distance I find myself getting a solid stream of components anyway.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    MFJigsawPasteDrunken
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,117
    I would have taken the tactical rifle if it had been silent, could be good on Shane with a beta led team, was tempted to buy both the silent harpoons for this reason too. 
    ShadowWalker
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,212
    I was underwhelmed also....I had to take a second look thinking I had missed something they current entries were so bad.

15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,092
    I am quite disappointed with the Tactical Rifle, especially since Daryl's Crossbow was in the last GW (at least give a mediocre weapon for a different class for variety sake). I completely agree with your assessment, it's not replacing anything, and Alpha already has chance of an extra movement. Tactical would've made more sense for an Assault weapon. I might pick it up, just because it's a cool skin and I can put it on Maggie to maybe scavenge faster. Probably not though.

I would've loved the Flare Gun if it had the traits of the Lucky Flare Gun and Infused Piercing (or Gold Destructive). I'll still pick it up though, I can keep my old Flare Gun permanently on Carl now, so at least that saves time in switching weapons... Thanks NG?

All that aside, I am really excited for the Chainsaw since I don't have one. The Bruiser Armor is awesome. I also can't complain about Sasha, Daryl, and Alpha tokens. I am still working on rerolls (and probably will be for the next 300 years), so that's a good chunk of my RP anyway.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Guys let’s stay positive! Everyone is trying really hard! Maybe range is making a comeback in a new update soon? 
    ShadowWalkerCronuss7eyeW8[Deleted User]
    What if pierce kicks in and that means CA automatically works? 

Then all of a sudden we are rushing for pierce 
    SuperheroStalker20
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,184
    I am quite disappointed with the Tactical Rifle, especially since Daryl's Crossbow was in the last GW (at least give a mediocre weapon for a different class for variety sake). I completely agree with your assessment, it's not replacing anything, and Alpha already has chance of an extra movement. Tactical would've made more sense for an Assault weapon. I might pick it up, just because it's a cool skin and I can put it on Maggie to maybe scavenge faster. Probably not though.

I would've loved the Flare Gun if it had the traits of the Lucky Flare Gun and Infused Piercing (or Gold Destructive). I'll still pick it up though, I can keep my old Flare Gun permanently on Carl now, so at least that saves time in switching weapons... Thanks NG?

All that aside, I am really excited for the Chainsaw since I don't have one. The Bruiser Armor is awesome. I also can't complain about Sasha, Daryl, and Alpha tokens. I am still working on rerolls (and probably will be for the next 300 years), so that's a good chunk of my RP anyway.
    It's funny you say that about Maggie as I had the exact same thought and was sure I would be the only person to care about Hunter Maggie :lol:. Piercing would have been nice on the flare gun too!

The hero tokens/reroll/reinforce/badge stuff I didn't mention as that is basically the same every season. They can all be earned in the other game modes but the main appeal in GW previously has been the gear you can pick up for free.
    ShadowWalkerArqueue
    @ATLAS-Z you just did something to me that isn’t right in forums 😂🤣
    ATLAS-ZPaste
    ATLAS-Z said:

You want to get everyone drooling, with tactical on a ranged weapon?

Do this  ;)

Gimme!!
    [Deleted User]ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 329
    ATLAS-Z said:

Do this  ;)

With infused incendiary please  B)
    GovernatorBurmeliinisMudMoccasinpatwalker
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,212
    Superhero said:
    ATLAS-Z said:

Do this  ;)

OH my this is getting better and better!  @fluxxx
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Governator
    Superhero said:
    ATLAS-Z said:

Do this  ;)

Please no! I just bought a Lucky Decimator, don't do this to me!!  :D
    GovernatorPasteATLAS-Z
  • ChimeraChimera Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2021
    WellyLuga said:
    Tactical on a hunter weapon? Struggling to see the time I'm going to use this weapon over the harpoon or the festive shotgun,

The lucky flare gun was previously in GW shops right? Adding silver charging and an extra space of range is barely an upgrade, I can't help but feel like it would be better with charging replaced by high powered and have gold destructive as the infused trait.

The bruiser armour is the only thing in the shop I was impressed with and I think is worth my time invested. Thoughts? There were so many good infused weapons/armours pitched on the forums so it's disappointing so few of them were implemented. As for the highest tier weapon, I was expecting to see a tier 1 weapon that might be usable in most challenges like the lucky (non silent) harpoon, lucky decimator, even the newly buffed musket?
    My thoughts: In terms of the lucky flare gun - this is where I strongly disagree, possibly because I only just acquired a flare gun a couple of months ago (recently reaching max level). But this has me asking how much extra weapon power you are asking for? Adding charging was a nice little bump, especially with the luck bonus, though sure destructive would be helpful.

Full agreement on the hunter weapon. But think about it this way - this is a pretty good weapon for less hardcore guilds, and newer guilds. And... it sits at Level 1.

Meanwhile, at the high end, I very much agree with you as the bruiser armor, and rather figure that it's probably a good reward for persons in high level guilds. It's a mixed bag when a person is at your level

I do understand you wanting ways to progress - Next Games really has a difficult issue in trying to balance between every gamers' needs, and they will make mistakes. Just please keep expectations not too high. 

VovPasteATLAS-ZRickMSA
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,311
    Hey I figure if there's at least one treasure for me personally to get excited about, that's a win.

Bruiser armor... check baby

Not every reward can cater to me, so that's ok. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    PasteVov
  • kinkokinko Member Posts: 117
    edited January 2021
    It's already been said above, but could you please change something like these?
    May be there are other good combinations but we'll be a little happier.
    Tactical rifle
    tactical (silver)
    lucky
    incendiary
    large Caliber

Flare Gun
    tactical (silver)
    lucky
    incendiary
    high power
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 779
    I was REALLY hoping to see this:

😢😥
    ShadowWalker
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 591
    You could always buy red gas. That's a thing.
    ShadowWalkerMudMoccasinRiotZappa
    You could always buy red gas. That's a thing.
    Very true, then my stockpile might run out in 2029 instead of 2028 :lol:
    [Deleted User]MudMoccasin
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,311
    The OP love it xoxo

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    I was REALLY hoping to see this:

😢😥
    I’m just seeing this now since Atlas gave it a bump. 
    But you have been given something very similar. Better later then never 👍🏻
     I have a small sentimental feel in the reason I want this Rifle. So it’s nice to get it. 
    MudMoccasin
    Drunken said:
    Guys let’s stay positive! Everyone is trying really hard! Maybe range is making a comeback in a new update soon? 
    This man was a prophet.
    brucewayne007WellyLuga