Endless challenges...

Happy new year to all, and hope you had a nice time during holidays 😊

I don't want to bring bad news right from a start but i think it's important to tell that general feeling about challenge mode is really depressing and i witnessed many conversation where people are announcing retirement and moving on from game.

As much as some enjoy their new PBs, they soon realize that they are actually falling behind even more to others who have more time and gold.
@Fluxxx, i think you really did a lot for community since coming here and i can't thank you enough for listening to us and grant most of requests players have asked in past year.
But maybe we asked for too much and made game too easy...

I really hope there is a solution coming and is set as priority for next update to fix the endless challenges. If there is, i would like it announced ASAP before a huge amount of old school players sail to retirement and don't wait for changes,with me among them.
From a strategy game, careful positioning, spawn blocking, badging survivors to be able to take hit, we came to the point that none of it is important and most of maps can be played badgeless, just stun/root, wait them to burnout, etc.

Maybe is just me, maybe after 4 years i have nothing else to achieve, but i think i am sharing opinion of hundreds of players with this post.

Thanks for listening, and good luck in next GW season, hope at least those maps are still "challenging" enough, and require some real strategy
Danski_46JankelkinkoRickMSAkmrNerfZone187MasterofBulletsrelb67Sg_DeathTroublemakerFoxAlphaBravoRiotZappaWhoareyouMcKnife8900rpm

Comments

• FreeToPlayFreeToPlay Member Posts: 36
    Apart from this problem there are many more. One of them, which in principle was a help to the community, is now a real problem, the YouTube videos. People watch them and all they do is copy over and over the strategies of the videos. They spend on gasoline and gold and... the first of the clan.
    In the NW I followed up and as soon as the good players started posting the videos, the stars of the rest of the players began to rise. It was very striking as the good players kept their strategies and only showed them at the end.
    s7eyeW8NerfZone187MasterofBulletsTCBRITOwmsShezza10Vov
    @JayZI didn't say that and you know it. Take the test ... do not post videos the week that there is no GW and you will see the results (Do not post videos yourself and the rest of the great users). Your work in this community is great but the problem I say is real.

Here I leave several proposals:
    1.- No Heroes LeaderBoards - The same challenge but without using heroes, only normal chars, the people who want to play that challenge can do it. We will see how many stars are made.
    2.- Random Challenges - Change maps each time a round is finished.

JayZMasterofBulletsTCBRITOwmsVov
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 28
    With all respect to all video makers for their effort/time  , I agree with FreeToPlay.
    It's we, the players , that actually making the game too easy.but maybe I am wrong indeed.
    I would suggest two weeks without videos from everyone and see how that will go :) 
    Or just share low lvl videos , I guess people that can actually reach nightmare/mission impossible mode ,can do that without video.
    And seriously I really value the effort of ppl making videos(myself included) , but , if everybody knows exactly how to pass a mission , then it comes to money / tools /time only. 
    I think it t will raise the difficulty. 
    At least that's my feeling all this time now.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Anjelos I think y’all should write YouTube and have them take down every single NML video to during this two weeks. Because a google search is just as easy as going to line each week
    Danski_46
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 28
    @Drunken i am not against it , and to be honest i have no problem with endless challenges as well.i like to play either i make 2k or 12k . I like the game and if i have time i play as much possible.
    I just say , its the main reason many ppl play so high and find the game easy.
    Offcrs its easy , if everybody knows where to block spawn , which character to use and where to move ,which equipment they should use, even more , where tool is needed or not .
    It becomes too easy indeed , and while for like 50-100 players that comes by searching/thinking analyzing , trying and retrying , to the majority it comes like chewed food ,and then they complain . 
    What i sayed for couple weeks , was like an experiment proposal .
    If ng doesn't make somthing to change (and i doubt that they can without having a very negatve effect),we as a community should try to help game not to die.
    @Anjelos let me know what YouTube says.

it’s just not feasible. That being said I agree there needs to be an end, but trying to block players from sharing videos just isn’t feasible 
    TCBRITO
  • ScottyJScottyJ Member Posts: 37
         The extra star for no tools is a great idea. 
    If the idea of having an End is a go, you could even award stars for completing missions first try.  So those who are passing missions on first attempts and without tools will surpass gold spenders using tools and needing lots of gold for healing.  
    It certainly would reflect skill in the leaderboards a little more rather than cash spent being the obvious measure of stars.
    That said I'm nowhere near the endgame so it really makes no difference to me! 
    I'm not sure NG will want to make changes that actually discourage the spending of money so I'd be surprised if they made the challenge have an end...

ShadowWalkerFirekid
    How is an extra star any good in an endless challenge. 
    Jankel
    It is the endless story, it is a great novel, it also has a movie for all audiences, you can see it...
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 148
    IMO there’s just no positive feelings to playing a “challenge” that is to easy or to luck reliant. It’s like beating a boss in Mario Bros and beating a boss in Dark Souls.. I feel way more satisfied beating a boss in Dark Souls than Mario Bros lol
    ShadowWalkerJankel
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 5
    Drunken said:
    How is an extra star any good in an endless challenge. 
    In fairness it was a suggestion that was pitched after putting in an end to the challenge. Sometimes you might use a tool to get 3* on a MM so it would be 6* dropped. It would also take away the ability to get max stars by just using a medkit at the end of the map, if you were relying on tools the stars dropped would soon add up...
    Drunken
    @WellyLuga fair point. But top player doesn’t use tools so it would be just a matter of time before others were on it. 
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,462
    The best school for NML is still Diablo 2 in my humble opinion.

Make grinding worth it and all complaints go away. Too obvious p2w stuff like tools are kinda disrespectful to old time players in a pseudo-strategy game.
    dalmerVovxbamfxRiotZappa
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,785
    edited January 5
    I see both sides, but the side that makes the most $ for NGs wins I think yes?

The challenge isn't endless

If you've reached a nightmare mission that takes 12+ retries and tools to sneak by with 1-star, you're at the end.

We're just upset that some people are willing to do this... 

Over and over... and it's allowed

#BCSbeyondtheEnd

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Vov
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 88
    In my case I stopped publishing videos in my union because I made them as much FTP as possible so that everyone could play. Unfortunately most prefer special items and weapons to make more stars. The problem of the master missions and the nightmare distance mode increases the need for special weapons (less xp when playing fewer missions, and fewer low components to move in crafting badges, which means that reroll tokens are needed to modify them)
    We need some prize for the really skilled players, and not just for those who pay more money

Danski_46
  • NanajjaNanajja Member Posts: 82
    good grief lower level players aren’t idiots certainly can figure out where spawning coming from w/o video, and who to take on missions, should we not ask our teammates for recommendations either would that make it to easy? I am in awe of this discussion about videos changing the game. Imo badges, tools, new weapons, new explosive hero’s, reroll effects, and players upgrading and moving up which is inevitable is the change. NG brought so many awesome new things to kill with & make you stronger but are a little behind in balancing there tremendous use in maps which at some levels makes to easy but isn’t case for all players. Most people will figure out best strategies regardless of videos just like the players who are posting the videos did. Video posters didn’t magically figure things out that others can’t. While some challenges have loopholes like boom barrel some if u can’t kill high or have right players and traits only going so far video or not! To me this game is like chess think out your moves and PCs you do well! Can’t believe people are arguing about players helping players video or otherwise, Very cutthroat to say only doing well because someone told or showed you something in video ( sorry this hypocrisy really gets to me!) especially to go as far as contacting you tube ( I can’t imagine they wouldn’t find that request laughable) “what are ya gonna say players are getting to good at game watching just writing this sounds nuts! IMO if video helped would think players would say “glad I could help” perhaps NG should take down this forum while there at it , there is just to much good advice, and while they are at it ban players who use discord and line app because they might learn useful advice ! NOT  IMO I think some players need to take a break from game if this is what it has come to!  
    Marcus6253FreeToPlayJayZJankelShadowWalker
    I think there are big compression problems or translation problems, many of the comments are not even normal. If you don't want to see reality, I don't care ... I appreciate the work of the person who collects the data, he is a great person, but that does not mean that the rest of the players use the information correctly. This happens in all facets of life
    Nobody has said to stop posting video, it has been said that people watch and copy them do exactly the same. At first people saw them and had an idea of how to play the game, now they watch the video and repeat. It is obvious that a level 25 to 60 is only worth an example but there are levels 75 that only copy.
    In short, what has been proposed is that videos of a challenge are not published and the star drop will be verified. By the way, this already happened in the NW. What's more, it can be seen in a normal challenge, a level 75 will reach level 40-42 without videos, from there, they wait for the publication of the videos and start again.

Do you know what is the best time to do it? When the new map game is released
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 241
    Drunken said:
    @WellyLuga fair point. But top player doesn’t use tools so it would be just a matter of time before others were on it. 

You mean this guy isn´t a top player?

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,820
    @Superhero the fact they have so many would lead me to think they don’t use them that often... 
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 241
    Firekid said:
    @Superhero the fact they have so many would lead me to think they don’t use them that often... 

I watched the videos. That was quite often.

Firekid
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,785
    Superhero said:
    Firekid said:

I watched the videos. That was quite often.

I used a bunch of tools last weekend but I still have a ton... It's because I don't go hardcore every week.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/