Endless challenges...

2»

Comments

• JankelJankel Member Posts: 255
    edited January 6
    Whoever gains an advantage in the game should suffer a minimum penalty for equal treatment with all players, since in GW if you repeat a mission with red gas you lose 20% of the victory points, it could do the same thing with a loss of stars in the score individual or of the stars from the guild total, indicating with a flag the number of struments used for those who have used many, obviously if tools are used that exceed a maximum set in the game ... or if use tools beyond a maximum, you start the next mission with a recoverable disadvantage of stars after 2 or 3 missions without tools
    TCBRITO
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 533
    There's nothing stopping anybody from doing the challenge without tools or without heroes. The reason players don't do it is because they want a high rank in the scores. If you're getting bored, why do you care about rankings? You don't win anything and you don't get paid. So just make it a personal challenge for the enjoyment. If you crave recognition, then maybe leaders in the top guilds can make their own challenge among themselves just for bragging rights.
    I don't see NG taking to time to code for extra stars if you don't use a tool or hero.
    JayZ
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 298
    Nothing’s broken for NG if whales are willing to spend their way to 5-digit star counts. That’s everything working perfectly from their perspective. Good for the whales for showing that commitment and interest. No dealer can be successful without addicts.
    n00bJankelOnceMoreWithFeeling
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 107
    edited January 7
    interesting discussion. its like first-world country problem.

this game is for everyone, be it f2p players, p2w players, long term players, top players and finally noobs like me. i feel that everyone has the freedom to spend time, money or items in the game and NG provide ways for us to get entertainment values. NG needs to earn money too and some players like to spend money, so its win-win for this two group. if you dont spend, doesnt mean others cant spend.

i think the challenge format now is okay. also true im not concern over this ranking thing. just my opinion. Someone create a poll on this?
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,474
    Karajoca said:
    I understand that some people aren't concerned, this does not affect you, can't be bothered... but is ridiculous not to recognise that game is broken, when a single player is allowed and able to outscore thousands of full "little" guilds! 

When that happens, changes are needed, like it or not. 

Changes that, of course, wouldn't affect all those players who aren't concerned now. You will still play as you always did.
    But changes that will allow just a little more fair fight to those who want to compete.

Current situation where hardcore players are leaving or going into f2p mode is bad for the game and they will have to react, i am sure they will. 
    My appeal here is to fast forward that decision before is too late. 
    ...i disagree about 1 point.. your need to “fix the game”... so if “the game is broken” also “the world is broken”... US is a power in... athletics or into military for example ...but we all need changes that “allow a little more fair fight for others”?? ...everything in the world is about money to invest in something. From sport...game ..or war.

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,646
    capibara said:
    ...i disagree about 1 point.. your need to “fix the game”... so if “the game is broken” also “the world is broken”... US is a power in... athletics or into military for example ...but we all need changes that “allow a little more fair fight for others”?? ...everything in the world is about money to invest in something. From sport...game ..or war.

This isn't an argument about P2P vs. F2P so please don't turn it into an argument about money. This is an argument about what is a reasonable way for the challenge to function and how to allow it to better distinguish between top players. The proposed changes to the challenge discussed here are NOT changes that affect the majority of players, only the ones that are competing every week. So if you don't reach 3-4k stars every week, the proposed changes will likely not affect you.

Also, games and rules change. Take athletics for example. In the past, basketball didn't have a 3 point line. As the sport has evolved, new rules have been developed to allow the game to better account for those changes. Same with almost all other sports. Like sports, NML is a game that has evolved and introduced a ton of new features/tools/items, and it should appropriately evolve to take those things into account.
    xbamfxKarajoca