Economy: Tools and Gold

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,489
You have to be blind not to see the huge Rift that has been created by tools , Black Market, and limited gold supplies

I personally think tools are a lot of fun and don't think they should be limited, but since they are in such short supply without spending this creates a problem
Tools and gold need to be more available to be scavenged
End gamers who spend a lot of money typically do not have the patience for Scavenging and don't really need to anyway because you can pretty much buy everything you need with cash
This really needs to be addressed
One possible solution is to increase the number of available daily Quest
Why limited to four? Make it 20 or 30?
No one would be expected to do all of the quest unless they had a lot of free time or Raw determination. But players would have the options to pick and choose which quests they would like to complete
Have one of each tool available every day as well as some gold everyday
In addition they should run weekend events where you can acquire more gold such as the old Gold Rush Event
This needs to be addressed and soon

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
TheKingRiotZappafearofthedarkm4sSuperheros7eyeW8onesoulmack22Sg_DeathAlexKom

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Disagree on some bud, any game you play there is always the added benefit of paying up. That goes for anything I can think of. 

With daily’s it’s nice because it does limit the gap of F2P vs P2P. Tbh other than GW I don’t use tools. What is point in gaining an extra 60 stars to get another crate that I’m just gonna scrap for 12k Xp? 
     Guild rewards besides radios are a joke. Maybe give tools during challenge instead of TGs? Or crates as those are a joke. I have no incentive to push for my max stars but once a year during NW which I did not even partake this year. To spend all that gold and tools just to get an extra crate or have a **** swinging contest of oh I’m top 20 just don’t interest me. I play MM and if I ooops I don’t repeat and just press on. 
    A lot of The problem with the paying aspect is time. I did a slight configuration of radio active event 

If you earn 40 radios a hour during the event on endless beach life it would take you 35 hours of mindless grind to play equal 1400 radios(the amount in a 2x bundle, but without no where near 9k gold.)  The bundle cost around $64 after taxes. Which comes out to about $1.83 a hour to Grind.  So reason I pay to play? Because well I used to grind endlessly till I realized I can literally do anything else and make more money doing it and then just buy what I want lol. 
    I mean if you really want go pan handle and buy a bundle. It will take significantly less time than grinding on this game heck you can even grind while pan handling! Win win!  
  • VovVov Member Posts: 71
    edited January 19
    No offense but too much gaps between each sentence and no proper . make the hard to read :s .
    Edit: It's more beautiful to read now :smiley:

ShadowWalkerMojaku
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,489
    Vov said:
    No offense but to much gaps between each sentence and no proper . make the hard to read :s .

Voice text bro, when i say "new paragraph" on the message board, that's the spacing it gives

I've edited to your liking I hope ?

Aim to please

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    VovAngelspitSarge_
  • DocGonzoDocGonzo Member Posts: 22
    I was coming here to make a post about gold and tools... but it was, Why don't they sell more tools bundles, and sweeten those gold and TG deals while they are at it... I realize I save $2 and get 500 extra gold versus just buying gold available from the store at normal prices. Still show us a little love on the gold. As it is more important than ever with black market. 
    edited January 19
    @DrunkenBrother I maintain a free account and a pay account for several reasons

Mostly so I can see that gap with my own eyes and keep perspective

I'm telling you, it's not good. 

... Maybe if every other day there was a Flare in the Daily Quest? But sometimes it's a week and no flare. Gore... Gore... Medkit... 

Come on man you know me and you know I'm okay with pay advantage, but if that Advantage gets too big... And the Casual Spenders see no point of trying to keep up anymore? And if the Casual Spenders give up trying where does that leave the free players? Long gone
    I'm trying to be realistic, and I'm telling you I have a feeling in my gut this needs to be addressed in some fashion. 

DrunkenRiotZappaMFJigsaw
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 456
    I stop playing challenge when I hit Sasha tokens and I think there's a box right after her. To me, there's no point in going for Rosita tokens (puke) or anything else higher. When I have better badges and it's all easier, I'm sure I'll find a new ceiling. Why did I establish this ceiling?

I don't want to use more tools to go higher to get... TG? No. Screw that. The challenge rewards do not reflect the challenge efforts at the higher end when you consider pumping tools (and the current value of those tools) into the maps to go higher. So it makes more sense to just stop. I guess this is smart play. 

I'm happy that I can make it through past the Sasha tokens in less than 5 days of play. That means I don't have to play challenge on GW days. It also means I don't "waste" a whole lot of gas playing challenge, which is very economical. 

Saving my tools for critical moments in GW or in not having to repeat an MM is great but if I have to pick between one I pick the GW moment and say screw the challenge. We're undefeated so far this season so all my tool use has been worth it. But I'm not even going to spend tools to try to be competitive with possibly harder GW opponents. I'd rather max the reward points, save the tools, and take the loss.

So yeah, current tool economy sucks.
    MFJigsaw
    @ghost_pepper honestly even using tools there is no incentive to really go that high. It’s just more a bragging aspect. I score probably 2100-2400 on average and that’s 1 day of about 60 minutes of play and that’s doing nothing but MM50 and leaving stars behind. 
    MFJigsaw
    Then I’ll randomly sign on and do a map here or there at higher level. 
    edited January 20
    @ATLAS-Z are you really using that many tools on your pay account? I don’t buy them besides the gold for flares in BM and the grenades weekly.

So if that’s a massive advantage then Idk. I mostly use them in GW. And very seldom on a challenge. I do think the star count is a bigger factor. No way in hell is a F2P going to score 10k stars or 15k lol. The person I’m specifically thinking of can do it without tools. So where is their advantage besides gold and hero traits of level 10.

I agree to a point but I just don’t see tools as a be all be all separator. That level 10 Shane trait vs that level 6/7 is a massive game changing aspect more than a random tool that some don’t even use. 

• onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 95
    I believe that the gap is now very large between the f2p and p2p with the tools and needs to be addressed. The tools add another element between the two but its giving the p2p a severe advantage. The tool in the daily quest has definitely helped but not enough. I would say more tools for free in the quest or lower the cost of the tools to 25. I believe if it is not addressed, the f2p population will start to decrease as the ability to compete with p2p further widens. There are also some p2p who are not happy with tools and having to buy them just to compete at the same level prior to no tools. I believe tools added another dynamic to the game but needs to be fine tuned. The free nades and medkits went a long way to helping but now we have flares/gore/blast grenade.

• VovVov Member Posts: 71
    edited January 20
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Voice text bro, when i say "new paragraph" on the message board, that's the spacing it gives.
    I've edited to your liking I hope?
    Aim to please.

You have evolved from swiping to voice text. I like a modern guy like you. No homo though  o:)
    For the record, better punctuation attends more attention not just for me.

About the content, I have something else to worry about the game such as the trait reroll, % chance of reward distribution and so on. Your point is valid but not my concern atm. I am not against it but I also have a feeling that the distinction should not be just pay or not pay; there can be also 10 hours/day vs few hours/day, playing 10 games together vs 1 game, your playstyle vs my playstyle. It is the combination of effort, time, thinking and money that result in your survivor strengths, avg challenge star, guild rank. 

I hope you can see the way I see, the gap is always there. 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,661
    Drunken said:
    @ATLAS-Z are you really using that many tools on your pay account? I don’t buy them besides the gold for flares in BM and the grenades weekly.

So if that’s a massive advantage then Idk. I mostly use them in GW. And very seldom on a challenge. I do think the star count is a bigger factor. No way in hell is a F2P going to score 10k stars or 15k lol. The person I’m specifically thinking of can do it without tools. So where is their advantage besides gold and hero traits of level 10.

I agree to a point but I just don’t see tools as a be all be all separator. That level 10 Shane trait vs that level 6/7 is a massive game changing aspect more than a random tool that some don’t even use. 

GW is probably where the gap is even larger than any other game mode. You have guilds at the top clearing 6H every day because tools have made it easily possible and they have the players who can afford the tool costs. In Wild Walking we have the players who have the skill to do it but not the money required.

As for the specific person you talk of, it seems he has enough gold so that he doesn't need tools :lol:. There aren't many maps that aren't passable without tools if you have the will and means to keep trying. Your average player can instead throw a few tools and pass a map first time that might otherwise have taken hundreds of gold to pass.
    ATLAS-Zmack22MFJigsaw
    edited January 21
    @Vov I'm not sure if I should be worried or flattered that you followed me so closely LOL

I still use Swype in addition to voice text

And you make valid points, and there will always be some separation between pay and free and everything in between, and there should be. It's normal, it's good business, I accept that.

@Drunken I agree with @WellyLuga the major disparity comes in Guild Wars.
    I'm not as skilled of a player as some of these guys like JayZ or Welly, though I can hold my own pretty well, but with tools that I've purchased with gold or cash I'm able to pretty easily beat the hardest missions in Guild Wars

And I find my players asking me for videos which I'm hesitant to share with them because I know they don't have the tools which kind of sucks

And I'm not looking for a huge volume of tools to be injected into the game for free, but it needs to be a decent uptick from where we are right now. Or at least an increase in the amount of gold a determined player could earn true dedicated play and time versus cash.

As some have said including yourself, pay as a time-saver is a huge Advantage all by itself and one that I think should remain a huge advantage

it's one thing to identify a problem it's another thing to try and come up with Solutions

I always do my best

MFJigsawBurmeliinis