Stop the grind! (Or ease it a little)

liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
Normal scavenge missions start at the level of top 3 heroes I guess, hard scavenge has +3 offset. What about a third mode with an even higher offset (+6)?
Increased amount of rewards could be linear to difference between the two already existing modes, giving mid level players who actually decided to go for max lv a slight advantage over the thousands of scavenge missions that are necessary anyways. Just a handful tomatos more for us - more gold spent on quick healing those annoying bruises that can happen so quickly when rushing scavenge missions with an underdevelopped Governor... >:)
Went from 60 to 70 since November and been exploiting quite some 24h and BM gas buffs. I harvested more tomatoes than the whole island of Sicily and still got zillions to go...
A concerned tomato farmer
NerfZone187ghost_pepper

Comments

• liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
    This Karajoca said:
    Man... until few months ago it was much worse. You needed 20Million tomatoes for a single building, and while you run scavenges it happens that rewards are some 1-2 star equipement instead of extra food

I know and I think all midgamers that actually care were happy about it!  For me it was one of the reasons that kept me going.

I'm not talking about making the way up to 75 a joke. The grind is still massive, the tomato Mondays help but they don't happen even once a month. 

Just thinking about some possibilities on speeding it up slightly. A hard scavenge mission gives an advantage of about 15 to 20% compared to normal. Why not an even harder mode (as in distance) with another +15%? 

Midgamers that decided to go for it don't mind to spend a few bucks on gas and xp buffs here and there to rush and loot. More tomatoes as for higher offset, more bruises, more gold spent - win-win!

Would also buy a double time tomato buff at the black market for 80 gold/30min.

mack22
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 366
    Well, i am glad it helped and keep you going but i think it's unrealistic to expect it to be even easier at this moment. 

If you are level 70,your production per hour from farms shoule be 28800.
    That is around 700k tomatoes per day, and almost 5M per week. 
    Just from harvesting, not scavanging, and for free. 

I am lvl75 but farming lately because of black market, to earn chips for trading tomatoes. 
    I run a few missions per day, nothing special, just to make my production per week little bigger to be able to do 1 trade (6million are needed) . All this, again, for free, no boosters & make around 3k stars in challenge and complete nightmare distance in same week.

Once i suggested to give us, end gamers, another resource to farm, to separate us from newbies, make it harder, while HUGE increase tomatoes to help a newbie reach lvl75 in ~6 month period, i believe that will keep them in game. 
    Linear re-balance that happened instead is maybe not the best for new players but in fairness it's still a big step and can't make it easier since it affects all players
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,005
    I kind of agree and I also don't. I think the removed 1-2* gear has helped a lot, then you have the double supply and 5s building upgrades which really help to speed things along and of course the most recent council saw building costs massively reduced. This wasn't applied to all of the ones that came before it was it? If it was then I see no problem with the way it is now. If you have several council upgrades needing 20m per building and only the recent costing 13m then I think this should be applied to all.

As for a nightmare scavenge mode, it would be interesting. I don't think it would change too much when it came to farming on a booster as I'm not sure the increased amount you got per mission would offset the speed at which you can run through hard. It would help when you were using gas though.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,164
    edited January 22
    When I was a young mid gamer they frequently had tomato events on the weekend

Now obviously this wouldn't help a big part of the population who's already at the end game but I would be 100% okay if they still ran weekend tomato events for those people that need them
    Stack it with the reduced healing weekend event instead of Double XP from kills because that is kind of weak anyway

@Vane @Fluxxx

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    KarajocaliquitRiotZappa
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    I long ago proposed a 24 level bundle. Where you would jump to level 24 survivors for x price.

I remember when hero level was 23. I grinded probably 40 hours on the first even jackpot weekend with 2x supply weekend. I went level 19-23 that weekend. Then they did council update 🤣

The grind is miserable, but Max out your storage asap, then during the 2x event cough up 9.99 and buy full supply bundle. If you spending 1.99 to grind for hours why not spend 9.99 and not grind? 
    NerfZone187liquit
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 556
    It’s been eased heaps!!! 

Or the game should offer an extra percentage in tomato during the introduction 

but they want people to buy. 
    So think about that 
  • liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
    edited January 23
    ATLAS-Z said:

I'd totally be ok with that. Actually I'd rather go with frequent bonus events than decreased building costs, as the earlier seems to be the more promising advantage. And is it really worth to be called 'eased' if you lower the materials needed, but due to less events it takes more time to get them...?

Once you know there's any event per month that pushes your level it'll keep you going. But one tomato Monday and another day with 2 more unlocks/hour during 3 months is not really much. And as much as I love it for toons and gear, reduced building time for building isn't too much helpful either. 

A nightmare scavenge mode would only bring a decent advantage to those who use it massively, this wouldn't change one single bit. There is a Nightmare Distance as well to reward endgamers. So why not reward your players that came in later but anyway decided to hang in there and go for max? They'll be happy to by some fancy weapons once they achieved it...

• MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 623
    ATLAS-Z said:

Now obviously this wouldn't help a big part of the population who's already at the end game but I would be 100% okay if they still ran weekend tomato events for those people that need them
    Stack it with the reduced healing weekend event instead of Double XP from kills because that is kind of weak anyway

@Vane @Fluxxx
    I think it would be pretty easy to run the tomato event for anyone under L75 and something else for the rest of us.      
     @Fluxxx ?
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 79
    edited January 23
    yaah, good choice mrlucky, run tomato event every fortnight for lvl 74 and lowers, and for lvl75s run gold rush event, we f2p endgamers neeeeeed alooooot of gGgooooooooldBergs,,,,,,,,,