DR badges - Real or Unicorn?

I've been trying to get max DR (80%) with only 2 badges + iron skin trait (no armor DR).
Which means DR badges have to be 31-32% each.
The closest I ever got was 76% (note: with only 2 DR badges).

My question is - have anyone ever got DR badges with at least 31-32% or is it a "Unicorn"?

I'm just really curious and would be great to get answers from someone who actually has it in-game (unless it is indeed a Unicorn).

PS: the at least 31% DR is the question.
Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    The max you can get is a 21+5 % DR badge. With set bonus that would be 31.2% (26 * 1.2 = 31.2)

This seems to be quite uncommon, however. I have 26 legendary DR badges with bonus, and of these only one is 21+5. And of course the bonus on this badge is Bullet Dodge :disappointed:

So yeah, it's possible.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    ATLAS-Z
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,396
    edited January 21
    @Burmeliinis
    Thanks for answering. It's a bit different though.
    I have DR 21+5 myself (before set bonus), but with set bonus it's only 30% (25+5) not 31%.
    The +5% badge bonus is not multiplied by 20% set bonus (21*1.2 + 5).

PS: you can always reroll your badge bonus :)
    s7eyeW8
    That is not correct.

The bonus also gets the set bonus so my original answer is correct.
    ATLAS-ZPaste
  • FreeToPlayFreeToPlay Member Posts: 36
    The calculation that @Burmeliinis indicates "supposedly" is the correct one, I say supposedly, because, if I am not wrong, the formula has never been confirmed since NG. The problem is that the screen does not show the rounds.
    Here, we have two ways to work with the information:
    1.- Make the calculations and hurry.
    2.- The vague way, which is to use the screen data that come to be: 21 + 5 (we apply 20%) = 30, so if you have two badges 21 + 5 and the DR skill at level 10 = 20 DR (5 pink stars) you are already 80.

Here, some screenshots:

BurmeliinisKarajoca[Deleted User]
    @Burmeliinis
    Badge bonus doesn't get included into set bonus.
    Therefore, 21+5 turns into 25+5 not 25+6.

Burmeliinisbrucewayne007KarajocaADPaqPaste
    @FreeToPlay
    Thanks for answering but it's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking whether anyone ever had DR badges with at least 31-32% total after set bonus (22+5 or 23+5 before set bonus).
    brucewayne007marroba2000
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,975
    @FuriousMoldovan the bonus does not show the increase in a set, but it does. This has been proven with health and damage badges. 
    FuriousMoldovan
    @Burmeliinis Because I've never seen this post you just showed me, so I trusted what I saw in-game. Thanks for the link!

@Firekid
    So basically 21+5 badge after set bonus is 25.999+5=~31, even though in-game it shows up as 25+5.
    They should've fixed this UI irregularities long time ago.
    FirekidGovernator
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 359
    chart

FuriousMoldovan
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,975
    @FuriousMoldovan it’s even more confusing that that as sometimes the +5 is already a +6 but shows wrong from the start. Or something like that. I don’t care to much about it so sort switch off when they start talking about integers and stuff 😂
    FuriousMoldovan
    @WellyLuga
    Damn, so basically I had 79% DR with 2 badges without even knowing it :)

Personally, the purpose for me is optimization - not wasting the third badge.
    Another way I did - max DR with 3 badges and replace iron skin trait with something useful. What do I think is a better way?

@Fluxxx
    It's a pretty significant and misleading UI flaw, especially for players not active on NML forum. Hope you guys can fix it in the near future.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,050
    @WellyLuga

Another way I did - max DR with 3 badges and replace iron skin trait with something useful. What do I think is a better way?

@Fluxxx
    It's a pretty significant and misleading UI flaw, especially for players not active on NML forum. Hope you guys can fix it in the near future.
    Yeah well that was my point. I only really have DR on bruisers and assaults, they don't really have need for damage and none of my heroes have iron skin anymore. It's better to have dodge, lucky, retaliate and punish/revenge than drop one so I can have an extra badge spot. The only other heroes I have with max DR are Tara, PGG and Gabriel and it's basically the same for them.

If you still use hybrid builds like Michonne then it's absolutely worth chasing but they don't really have a place end game.
    FuriousMoldovanATLAS-Z
    WellyLuga said:
    @WellyLuga

@Fluxxx
    Yeah well that was my point. I only really have DR on bruisers and assaults, they don't really have need for damage and none of my heroes have iron skin anymore. It's better to have dodge, lucky, retaliate and punish/revenge than drop one so I can have an extra badge spot. The only other heroes I have with max DR are Tara, PGG and Gabriel and it's basically the same for them.

If you still use hybrid builds like Michonne then it's absolutely worth chasing but they don't really have a place end game.
    Gotcha.
    Yeah nah, I'm not using balanced survivors. I'm building tank assaults & bruisers for 50+ lvl, so I guess 2 badge DR won't make much sense as you said.
    I was just really curious whether it was possible and found out about set bonus calculation flaws in the process :)

Thanks!

WellyLuga
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 842
    I've been trying to get max DR (80%) with only 2 badges + iron skin trait (no armor DR).
    Which means DR badges have to be 31-32% each.
    The closest I ever got was 76% (note: with only 2 DR badges).

My question is - have anyone ever got DR badges with at least 31-32% or is it a "Unicorn"?

I'm just really curious and would be great to get answers from someone who actually has it in-game (unless it is indeed a Unicorn).

PS: the at least 31% DR is the question.
    I have a question. But first, there are 3 practical use Warrior weapons (Dragon Tongue, Morning Star, Chainsaw) and both DT and MS have tactical. So right away, whatever you have going on with badges gets +10 added after. So that's 80 - 10 from tactical =  70. 

2 top DR badges of 21/5 will get you 52%. Set bonus on that is 52 x 1.2 = 62.4. So you have to make up 8 points with Iron Skin trait. The IS trait is going to give you a whole lot more than 8 points. So you're dealing with a considerable amount of "waste". And then why put a Chainsaw onto a Warrior with IS when you could have a different trait which helps with your attacking? 

Lucky Strong Ruthless Powerstrike. Arguments can be made all day long about this. No DT so no Powerstrike. Strong only gives a tiny bit of damage boost. Etc. But I don't think anyone is going to be convinced about having IS on a Warrior used for attack purposes.

This reasoning gets me thinking that maybe you're looking for a defensive approach. Is that the case? Are you doing something like building a hybrid Jesus?
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 370
    Can't believe you are questioning @Burmeliinis answer 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyway, i had Michonne same as Wes showed you, that was built i was really proud of, and refused to reroll her long time, but truth is there is no place in this game (at least at this moment when we speak of it) for something like "hybrid" all-around balanced survivor. 
    They just stop being useful around 41/42 level 

All we have now is extremely offensive survivors and weapons, you go all in and try to kill with it, if fail, there are meat-shields to protect you or stun/root and survive the turn.
    Would be cool if we can put hybrid survivors like some gladiators in the mission where they fight, attack, take hit, stand on feet, keep attacking.... but i guess that ship sailed. 

FuriousMoldovan
    edited January 22
    Karajoca said:
    Why? :smile:
    I can't believe you are implying that critical thinking is prohibited in NML. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    It's NML, not North Korea.

Of course I questioned @Burmeliinis until he gave a link to the answer by a known NML official (Fluxxx), i.e. the equivalent of trusted credible source of info in NML.
    And I thanked him for it. Simple.

Anyway, I'm not using balanced survivors. Asked original question for building tank bruisers & assaults for 50+ lvl. Thanks.
    I have a question. But first, there are 3 practical use Warrior weapons (Dragon Tongue, Morning Star, Chainsaw) and both DT and MS have tactical. So right away, whatever you have going on with badges gets +10 added after. So that's 80 - 10 from tactical =  70. 

2 top DR badges of 21/5 will get you 52%. Set bonus on that is 52 x 1.2 = 62.4. So you have to make up 8 points with Iron Skin trait. The IS trait is going to give you a whole lot more than 8 points. So you're dealing with a considerable amount of "waste". And then why put a Chainsaw onto a Warrior with IS when you could have a different trait which helps with your attacking? 

Lucky Strong Ruthless Powerstrike. Arguments can be made all day long about this. No DT so no Powerstrike. Strong only gives a tiny bit of damage boost. Etc. But I don't think anyone is going to be convinced about having IS on a Warrior used for attack purposes.

This reasoning gets me thinking that maybe you're looking for a defensive approach. Is that the case? Are you doing something like building a hybrid Jesus?
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused. My original post had nothing to do with warriors or chainsaw.
    I guess you meant to address it to @WellyLuga since he uploaded screenshots of Michonne. Perhaps he can answer your questions :)
    Thanks.

Gotcha.
    Yeah nah, I'm not using balanced survivors. I'm building tank assaults & bruisers for 50+ lvl, so I guess 2 badge DR won't make much sense as you said.
    I was just really curious whether it was possible and found out about set bonus calculation flaws in the process :)

Thanks!

Karajoca said:
    Why? :smile:
    I can't believe you are implying that critical thinking is prohibited in NML. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    It's NML, not North Korea.

Of course I questioned @Burmeliinis until he gave a link to the answer by a known NML official (Fluxxx), i.e. the equivalent of trusted credible source of info in NML.
    And I thanked him for it. Simple.

Anyway, I'm not using balanced survivors. Asked original question for building tank bruisers & assaults for 50+ lvl. Thanks.

I see, i was missing the "credible author" tag. I guess I should try to get such a badge from Fluxxx so that people with 600+ posts don't think I'm just trolling. :lol:
    FuriousMoldovan
    edited January 22
    @Burmeliinis
    Hey, double-checking and a smaller ego - never hurts to have :smile:

Partially because:

BurmeliinisShadowWalkerGovernator
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 637
    Karajoca said:

Anyway, i had Michonne same as Wes showed you, that was built i was really proud of, and refused to reroll her long time, but truth is there is no place in this game (at least at this moment when we speak of it) for something like "hybrid" all-around balanced survivor. 

All we have now is extremely offensive survivors and weapons, you go all in and try to kill with it, if fail, there are meat-shields to protect you or stun/root and survive the turn.
    Would be cool if we can put hybrid survivors like some gladiators in the mission where they fight, attack, take hit, stand on feet, keep attacking.... but i guess that ship sailed. 

At the end of the day whether he’s right or not. 
    Dude needs to get some sunshine. 
    He’s a dick that in his words is very demeaning. 
    He needs to stop having his black and white persona and people might take his shit as gospel. He’s correct very often. 
    But just a twat
    Paste3vilrineGovernator
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,321
    I'm confused , who's the dick?

Ah hell, people suck. Rage!! 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovanPasteGovernator[Deleted User]
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 842
    And @Karajoca is so wrong about "no place in the game" when gw and distance both offer useful places for a hybrid character. So wrong! More rage!!!!

Ok my turn. Someone rage at me. Maybe my pepper ain't so hot. 
    FuriousMoldovanPasteGovernator[Deleted User]
    Well, that escalated quickly...

Are you guys done "pepper-measuring"? 😆
    Governator[Deleted User]
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 798
    He needs to stop having his black and white persona and people might take his shit as gospel. He’s correct very often. 
    But just a twat
    Sounds like someone's still hurt from being corrected previously. Don't take it out on the messanger. If you were wrong, be thankful that you're now less wrong.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 79
    i m 3years into this game, and still not a single  21+5 DR badge,,,, ahhhh, sighhh,,, !!!!
    i dont know how you people got so many 21+5 dr badges.  and after a year of farm i have leg components to craft only about 15 leg badges. ...ahhh sigh again.... ofcourse a total f2p...
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    Karajoca said:

At the end of the day whether he’s right or not. 
    But just a twat

Don't worry these are the big brain discord gang, they know everything better..
    Paste
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,050
    edited January 23
    If the question was about why I have Michonne in a hybrid build there are a few reasons. I am still clinging to the past where Michelle and 2 scouts was a viable team, I sometimes use it in scavenge missions to break the monotony of Gov/PGG lead. You can really fly through with Michonne lead with a SS blade then 2 scouts! I also have Beta and Jesus in a glass cannon setup and no real need for a 3rd. Finally, I'm intrigued by the morning star so haven't completely written off a hybrid build!

I agree there is no place for it in endgame but if you're still building and the challenge doesn't go too high above 100% body shots then a handy setup to have IMO.
    FuriousMoldovan
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 370
    Umm... am i just called dick for claiming that balanced survivor has no use after lvl42 ? Or for asking why questioning the guy who probably did more research when comes to numbers in this game then their developers itself ? 

@FuriousMoldovan you asked a question here, you got an answer, and then said "thanks but you are not correct" So, why coming here and asking if you know the answers ? That's the part that tickled me and i had to get involved.

FuriousMoldovan said:

If you want to have survivor with 2 DR badges only, then yes, you are building "balanced" survivor, because in his/her 6 slots you will involve 3 types of badges. 

I just wanted to help and answer since i already been there, tried many combinations and there is no need to build bruiser/assault with 2 DR badges so you can put, what exactly, 1 damage badge ? It's kind of better if they deal less damage.
    PasteFuriousMoldovan[Deleted User]Burmeliinis